The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-10-23, 04:48 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Can't download torrents for some reason

Alright I got a bunch of Jimi Hendrix torrents from here, downloaded them and opened it with Utorrent to download it but none of them worked, I tried a Traffic concert and it took two days but it finally worked. I have a firewall but I turned it off and nothing is happening still. Am I doing something wrong? Or do i need a new torrent downloader.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-23, 06:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Can't download torrents for some reason

You are still firewalled and you are also trying to download five torrents at a time. Both of those things can cause you problems. Go to portforward.com and forward your ports and then try only downloading one or two torrents at a time until you understand the best settings for your system.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-24, 02:24 PM
DCbmx 17
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Well I don't have a router, I'm actually at college so I dont think that port forwading thing would work? None of the stuff they had applied to me. I stopped all the torrents and just tried one that was just recently put up and it's not working so I don't know I guess i'll let it sit for a while.
Old 2006-10-24, 02:46 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Ah.... at college, like this poor guy here. Your university most likely blocks all the ports (and only opens ones it thinks are necessary) and probably limits the up and down speeds for you also. I don't think there is anything you can do about it except only get on torrents where there are a bunch of unfirewalled people and hope for the best.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble