The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-01-08, 10:48 PM
664.75 GB/1.78 TB/2.74

Firewalled?

I've been perusing the forums on this topic, but don't have it solved. I've been getting the red FIREWALLED message intermittently on TTD. My BT client (Azureus) seems to be configured properly and adequately port forwarded through my router. At least I think it is.. I'm using Azureus successfully with other torrent sites (afaik). I'm using it here on TTD as well, although my download speed on at least one torrent is not very good.

I don't know if I have a problem or not, but seeing the FIREWALLED message is discouraging.

Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Thanks for taking a look.

wbaetz
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-01-08, 10:50 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Firewalled?

Try checking out your port at www.canyouseeme.org

Old 2007-01-08, 11:00 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

On my computer, I've noticed that sometimes my TCP port isn't firewalled and my UDP port is firewalled (our new router is very screwy). When my UDP port is firewalled (which is indicated by seeing "DHT Firewalled" in Azureus, and I'll usually get a warning message as well), I'll see that I'm firewalled on here, but not on other sites.

If that happens, you may want to pick another port in the range you've got open.
Old 2007-01-08, 11:03 PM
664.75 GB/1.78 TB/2.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Try checking out your port at www.canyouseeme.org
It says Success: I can see your service on 65.29.xx.xx on port (27855)
Your ISP is not blocking port 27855
Old 2007-01-08, 11:09 PM
664.75 GB/1.78 TB/2.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
On my computer, I've noticed that sometimes my TCP port isn't firewalled and my UDP port is firewalled (our new router is very screwy). When my UDP port is firewalled (which is indicated by seeing "DHT Firewalled" in Azureus, and I'll usually get a warning message as well), I'll see that I'm firewalled on here, but not on other sites.

If that happens, you may want to pick another port in the range you've got open.
I'm not currently getting any indication from Azureus that I'm firewalled, only here at TTD. I also ony have one port open, not a range. This differs from how I had BitTorrent (my previous client) set up, where I was using the range from 6881-6899. It's all a mystery to me, but I think I won't change my router setup unless I become convinced that I have a problem.
Old 2007-01-08, 11:12 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
It says Success: I can see your service on 65.29.xx.xx on port (27855)
Your ISP is not blocking port 27855
Then you are fine. Don't worry about the firewalled sign. (Although if it bothers you, stop your torrent and then start it again). If the tracker is busy, you could get a false "firewalled", but it had nothing to do with what you bittorrent client sees.

Old 2007-01-08, 11:24 PM
664.75 GB/1.78 TB/2.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Then you are fine. Don't worry about the firewalled sign. (Although if it bothers you, stop your torrent and then start it again). If the tracker is busy, you could get a false "firewalled", but it had nothing to do with what you bittorrent client sees.
Thanks for the help U2Lynne. I started a new download here on TTD just within the last 30 minutes and I am no longer seeing the dreaded FIREWALL message either, so somehow things are working out.

Now if I could only figure out how to lose the @mac.com suffix to my username here at TTD, everything would be right the world.
Old 2007-01-09, 09:28 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Now if I could only figure out how to lose the @mac.com suffix to my username here at TTD, everything would be right the world.
Just send a request to the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the page. Just state what your current username is and what you would like it changed to and then it will be changed.

Old 2007-01-11, 04:33 PM
10.29 GB/6.34 GB/0.62

Thank you SO MUCH! After years of trying, this thread finally helped me figure out how to forward my ports!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble