The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-03-08, 06:35 PM
blueskyy
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

resizing and printing dvd covers

can anyone lend a hand to help me figure out the best way to print dvd covers? When i d/l a file that comes with a cover. open the picture and print straight from there it prints fine but it is about a 1/2" roughly to short in both height and width. so what i do is i go into my editing program. i then rotate to fit on the page horizontally and then size it up to 11" wide 7.5" tall. it prints fine but everytime it cuts off the last 1/2" of the end which would show up on the FRONT side, the BACK side is always perfectly fine. i have tried checking to see if maybe i had borders on, but no, and plus the back end never has anything that would be a border. i have tried making sure i have the right paper size and that seems to be ok. please help! i would much appreciate it. thanks folks
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-03-08, 08:03 PM
923.61 MB/96.22 MB/0.10

Re: resizing and printing dvd covers

Nero has a decent Cover layout program included. I just used it today with an Epson 320 and turned out some damm nice covers. You can size and manipulate the image to your hearts content.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-03-08, 09:20 PM
blueskyy
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo2u
Nero has a decent Cover layout program included. I just used it today with an Epson 320 and turned out some damm nice covers. You can size and manipulate the image to your hearts content.
hey thanks alot. i have been working with that program for awhile now and have gotten pretty familiar with the basic operations. however, i am still have the same problem with the dvd covers. meaning the full page with front back and spine printing. when i use portrait mode it only prints about half of the image b/c its printing left to right. when you choose landscape it prints top to bottom but it's still cutting off the last 1/2" of the front part. is there a to get it to print the whole thing using portait mode or is 11" paper not gonna do it? it certainly should be fine. well, i hope you or someone else can shed some light or tell me exactly what their method is. thanks again.
Old 2005-03-08, 09:39 PM
923.61 MB/96.22 MB/0.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyy
...when you choose landscape it prints top to bottom but it's still cutting off the last 1/2" of the front part. is there a to get it to print the whole thing using portait mode or is 11" paper not gonna do it? it certainly should be fine. well, i hope you or someone else can shed some light or tell me exactly what their method is. thanks again.
No, you should be using landscape mode. Since Nero has guides that allow you to size the image to exact proportions, it sounds to me like your printer page isn't calibrated properly. I'd do some investigating into your printer setups to see why it thinks the page is in a different place than it really is. Probably an easy and simple adjustment.
Old 2005-03-09, 12:17 AM
blueskyy
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo2u
No, you should be using landscape mode. Since Nero has guides that allow you to size the image to exact proportions, it sounds to me like your printer page isn't calibrated properly. I'd do some investigating into your printer setups to see why it thinks the page is in a different place than it really is. Probably an easy and simple adjustment.

ok, i tried changing the bleeding settings, and nothing different happened. and i checked the calibration and everything seems to be fine there. do you have any more specific suggestions? this sucks, there's always gotta to be a some little problem doesn't there? what about the offsets? i wouldnt know what to with that but maybe it's a possiblity. well, thanks for help and for any further help in advance.

-

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble