The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2011-08-10, 12:54 PM
Yes...that Fletch
342.88 GB/55.88 GB/0.16

YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.

Thats what it says
YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED
You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.
I use UTorrent and I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I cant get the download to start. Can anyone help me?
I was told "You need to tell it to save the files where your original files are. Then, it will check to make sure they are the same and start seeding" and I set my download location in the original file with the show in it....Im just lost
HELP PLEASE lol
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2011-08-10, 12:59 PM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Re: YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.

Go to the first post in the thread that you started, and click on the blue text near the foot of it, which has the same text as you named the torrent file with. Under 'Attached Files'

This should download a torrent file from the site to your PC, and you should overwrite the one you created with this personalised one, and then open that torrent file in uTorrent.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:09 PM
Yes...that Fletch
342.88 GB/55.88 GB/0.16

Re: YOUR SHOW WAS SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED You must download your personalized torrent before you may begin seeding.

I just did this and it is not doing anything. Any other suggestions?
Old 2011-08-10, 01:12 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

You have successfully uploaded. Now go to the torrent page and open it as you would any download, but direct it to be saved in the folder you just uploaded. It should "see" the data and say "checking" as the progress bar moves....then it will start on it's own.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:22 PM
Yes...that Fletch
342.88 GB/55.88 GB/0.16

I dont have the option to save it there. It goes to my downloads and then I can move it to the folder with the origional torrent in it and it asks me to either change the name or replace it. I have tried both. I have forced re-check and everything but it will not start. Should I remove the thread and re-do it?
Old 2011-08-10, 01:26 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

try moving the whole file to my downloads, then point it there again. In utorrent the program should prompt you send it to a choice of locations.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:30 PM
Yes...that Fletch
342.88 GB/55.88 GB/0.16

I just said something about a successful launch but it doesnt appear to be seeding or downloading or whatever I want it to do lol
Old 2011-08-10, 01:34 PM
TTD VIP
19.33 TB/8.15 TB/0.42

What version of utorent are you using? We may need to go up a level in the tech support....Please hold while we dial that extension. Good luck!
Old 2011-08-10, 01:36 PM
Yes...that Fletch
342.88 GB/55.88 GB/0.16

Im using 3.0
and I am sadly about done messing with this.....grrrrrr I want to share but this is hard for a computer novice to figure out.
Old 2011-08-10, 01:38 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.87 TB/2.30 TB/1.23

ask shmoe politely and enjoy his reply
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C
Old 2011-08-10, 01:47 PM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyray View Post
ask shmoe politely and enjoy his reply
Step to the side of the screen when you do. Wouldn't want glass from it spraying you when it explodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2011-08-10, 02:15 PM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguywhowritesthesongs View Post
Im using 3.0
and I am sadly about done messing with this.....grrrrrr I want to share but this is hard for a computer novice to figure out.
Relax, it's just the usual first-timer false start..... we'll get this sorted, and before you know where you are you'll be at 100 shows seeded.......

I'd like to help more, but I don't use uTorrent, and that seems where the issues are, so I'll step aside and let others lead the way.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:03 PM
old washed up musician
118.93 GB/508.26 GB/4.27

I have firefox set to open torrent files, rather than save. I have it set to open w/ utorrent...

When I upload a torrent, it will give me the succesful message & usually direct me to the page of my new torrent. Then, I click on the torrent, as I would any other torrent I want to download & it automatically opens utorrent & a dialogue box asking where I want to save my torrent. Then I chose the destination where my folder is. If my file is:

F:Torrent (folder)

then I save my torrent to F:

Then I click OK & it should start a check to see how much you have & when it finishes, you should be seeding...

The idea of downloading is that you upload a torrent file that's generic, with your hash info on it. TTD, then adds information to the torrent file & that makes it compatible w/ the hub. When you click on download torrent, it then personalizes the torrent file to your account on the hub. So, the only thing you need to do is:

upload your torrent file
download the torrent file from TTD
assign that it matches where the folder is located w/ the files

If you save the torrent file, all you should have to do is open the downloaded torrent file & utorrent should open up w/ the dialogue just like above...

It should be that easy...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble