The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-04-02, 01:30 AM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

Your Seeding Opportunities - Options?

While I welcome the "Your Seeding Opportunities" area, it could do with a few tweaks, if possible.

1) I lost a few of the shows that are shown listed for me in a hdd crash, is there a way to remove these shows from the list?

2) Why not list all shows that I have downloaded that have leechers, rather than all those with zero seeders (and most of the time, zero leechers)? If I have bandwidth available, it's a shame to waste it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-04-02, 09:44 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Your Seeding Opportunities - Options?

1) Someone already made that suggestion. I still need to look into how I could do that.

2) The reason I didn't have them all listed is because it's a rather server intensive query and limiting it to only those with 0 seeders helps cut back. But, maybe it won't matter too much since we are powered by a couple of servers.

I do plan to add to this option. I really liked the idea and it's gotten a lot of positive feedback. Hopefully I'll have some time this week or next week to work on it.

Old 2009-04-02, 11:52 AM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

Hi Lynne

I appreciate that could be server intensive, so no worries if it doesn't come off.

Bizarre uTorrent thing - when I open a random TTD torrent, all the rest shown within uTorrent show number of seeders and leechers - though this is often incorrect - i.e. there are often seeders, but no leechers. This does not work for torrents from other sites. This has been the case for a couple of years (different uTorrent builds).

Any idea why this happens?
Old 2009-04-02, 11:55 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamroom View Post
Bizarre uTorrent thing - when I open a random TTD torrent, all the rest shown within uTorrent show number of seeders and leechers - though this is often incorrect - i.e. there are often seeders, but no leechers. This does not work for torrents from other sites. This has been the case for a couple of years (different uTorrent builds).

Any idea why this happens?
Why what happens? I didn't understand what is happening.

Old 2009-04-02, 12:07 PM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

I have a couple hundred torrents still on my hard drives and they are all still loaded in uTorrent. If I open one TTD sourced torrent to seed, the seeds and peers columns show numbers, indicating seeders or leechers on all other TTD sourced torrents - though they are not open for seeding, though it is not always accurate. Does not work with torrents sourced from any other site (that I use). Funny stuff, computers.

Hope that makes more sense.
Old 2009-04-02, 01:03 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you have an image? I'm not that familiar with uTorrent, so I have no idea if this is a uTorrent problem or not. Or if it's just a setting? Maybe you should post a separate thread about this in Technobabble and then other users familiar with uTorrent can see it and help.

Old 2009-04-02, 01:20 PM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but you can see I have opened the Cheap Trick show, but when I did that, the H&H and Doors shows above are now showing seeders, though I never opened the torrents for seeding.

It's not a problem and I don't intend changing it - only pointing out the weirdness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg utorrent.jpg
( 43.8 KB, 168 views)

Old 2009-04-02, 01:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When you look at the number, like x(y) - the x shows how many *you* are connected to, the y shows how many seeder or leechers are on the show. According to the picture, you are not connected to anyone on The Doors show or H&H show, it's just saying that there are 4 and 2, respectively, seeders on the shows.

Old 2009-04-02, 01:29 PM
81.11 GB/305.06 GB/3.76

Yes, but that does NOT occur on any shows except those downloaded here. That's what I find weird. If I open a Dime show, the available seeds on other non-open torrents do not show.
Old 2009-04-02, 03:18 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Really? They do for me in Azureus. Like I said, I don't know uTorrent, so I don't know the settings. You might want to start a thread about this in Technobabble.

Old 2009-04-06, 03:52 AM
1.81 TB/2.83 TB/1.57

just a little comment, this was a great idea in so far as i dont have to go through "torrents needing seeds" and rack my brain and search through backups to see if i can help seed (improve ratio ) good job well done
Old 2009-04-06, 09:02 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Glad you like it!

Old 2009-05-04, 10:29 AM
Thread Killer
301.22 GB/627.00 GB/2.08

Your Seeding Opportunities

I really like this feature, thanks for implementing it. So far I've managed to keep two torrents from going dark and help out a couple stranded leechers. I might never have found those threads if not for that feature.

I hope others use it frequently, it's real handy, especially now with all the confusion over domain names.

Thanks again.
Old 2009-06-10, 05:48 AM
1.15 TB/3.61 TB/3.14

This feature rocks.. I tried to go back yesterday, just since the domains were stolen, and re-seed shows I've downloaded. I've got 40 seeds going.
One that was open, a Blind Melon video torrent, was about to go inactive, and I had to copy it off another pc onto my server so I could seed it for the folks trying to get it...
I wake up this morning, and it's gone inactive. Any way to reactivate that one? It's from aar.oner, the Blind Melon in Charlotte from 2007. I'll reseed that too.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:07 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcb0172 View Post
One that was open, a Blind Melon video torrent, was about to go inactive, and I had to copy it off another pc onto my server so I could seed it for the folks trying to get it...
I wake up this morning, and it's gone inactive. Any way to reactivate that one? It's from aar.oner, the Blind Melon in Charlotte from 2007. I'll reseed that too.
You can reupload the show. But, once it's inactive, the torrent file is gone from the server.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions