The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-03-30, 06:08 PM
Misanthropic Insomniac
53.16 GB/54.32 GB/1.02

Exclude Forums From 'New Posts'?

Hi

I am just wondering is there any way of (with the present configuration) of selecting certain forums so that they do not appear in an individual users' 'New Posts'?

I know that this option is available on other forums with vBulletin.

If it is not currently supported, can I request the feature be enabled?

Many thanks,

KS
Old 2009-03-30, 07:25 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Exclude Forums From 'New Posts'?

I actually used to have something installed to exclude forums from New Posts and only 9 people were excluding any forums, so I removed it.

Are you talking about just removing the forums from the search, or also not having them show up on the front page. There is a mod I found that will remove them from the front page and also from the New Posts, but I haven't found one for only removing it from the New Posts search.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-03-31, 01:29 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, I added something into the Edit Options. Maybe it'll be used this time. If you select some forums, then they will not be included in the Get New or Get Daily search but they will still show up on the main page in case you feel like wandering into the forum.

See here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...8&postcount=17

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-03-31, 03:17 PM
Misanthropic Insomniac
53.16 GB/54.32 GB/1.02

Hey Lynne

I just had a look in my options there now and that is exactly what I was referring to, thanks!

It's not that I don't poke around, it's just I find it easier to manage a large site when you can control new posts to the forums that you are mainly interested in, such as when you are peeking in while on the road/at work.

Regards

KS

Quote:
Are you talking about just removing the forums from the search, or also not having them show up on the front page. There is a mod I found that will remove them from the front page and also from the New Posts, but I haven't found one for only removing it from the New Posts search.
No, I was only referring to excluding them from the search.

I actually went to the other forum that I was referring to to give you a screenshot (which is not necessary now) and only found when I had gone looking that they had disabled it, too. I guess I'll be making a similar request there also.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions