The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-12-08, 03:54 AM
46.96 GB/23.05 GB/0.49

DVD MENU

I recently burnt a dvd of some footage i did of a great u2 tribute band.It has 3 menus,the first and third you can navigate through the song selection with no problem.With the 2nd menu it seems to skip some tracks using the basic up and down keys on the dvd remote.If you use the left and right it somehow highlights the tracks that were skipped over.I cant quite understand why this is happening,as it seemed fine when i checked the project before burning.Its not a major problem,but slightly irratating.Anyone have any idea why this may have happened.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-12-08, 04:41 AM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Re: DVD MENU

What program did you use to author the DVD? Most authoring programs allow you to set the direction the cursor goes in the DVD menu based on which of the four arrows you push on the remote control.

Some programs don't do a good job of defaulting to what should be the next logical destination within a menu (DVD Architect for example) and you have to go through and fix most of the links - and other programs do a great job in this regard (TMPGenc DVD Author for example).
Old 2009-12-08, 04:54 AM
46.96 GB/23.05 GB/0.49

Re: DVD MENU

I use nero,and have never had any problems with it since ive used it for the last few years.Ive also filmed/tramsferred/burnt a show the exact same way and had no problems,so im a bit confused.What ive filmed is just for my own viewing and for the band to have a copy,but it would be nice to know how to correct it.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble