The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-25, 08:55 AM
1.01 TB/657.11 GB/0.64

Re: Ban Unknown Analog Lineage and Remasters!

Quote:
I have more of an issue with people on DIME who grab a recording within a day, screw with it on their computer, and reseed as THEIR remastered version. That's about them wanting glorification, not the music.
How do you know the purpose and intent of anyone who remasters a recording? As far as I know, people remaster recordings in an attempt to make them sound better! If you don't think the remaster is better than don't download it. There's no need to go on a tirade trying to bad remasters like a whiny little girl who just got here lollypop taken from her. Stop complaining about free music. Try "listening" to the recordings you're condemning before you start spurting your mouth...

Quote:
I've been taping and trading for over 20 years, I've taped over 200 shows, have over 1000 DAT tapes, and over 3000 analog tapes. (Yes, I've been obsessed with the live music experience for most of my life - and thank god my wife puts up with an attic full of tape).
Who did you say is looking for glorification? Enough said...
Old 2006-11-25, 10:32 AM
Billy Joel Kicks Ass!!!!
1.41 TB/677.79 GB/0.47

He's just expressing his opinion and he's entitled to do that. The business in PM's between him and Freezer are none of our concern unless they choose to make it ours. If Freezer says that he never circulated a 1st Gen then I tend to believe him, after all he is the taper and would know better than anyone else. It's a definite possibility that Spider was lied to. We all know the Zep community can be seedy at times

Chas
Old 2006-11-25, 12:24 PM
610.59 GB/227.83 GB/0.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnforcer3
He's just expressing his opinion and he's entitled to do that. The business in PM's between him and Freezer are none of our concern unless they choose to make it ours. If Freezer says that he never circulated a 1st Gen then I tend to believe him, after all he is the taper and would know better than anyone else. It's a definite possibility that Spider was lied to. We all know the Zep community can be seedy at times

Chas
Enforcer: yes, he is the taper, and the Taper can say what ever he wants and it's tough to disprove. Although I've never taped Zeppelin, I taped many acts in the 80's and early 90's on a Sony WM-D6C analog deck. I have at one point or another traded most of of masters out to people when I was heavily into mail trading. Now, if someone were to torrent a show I taped saying it was a 1st gen, I could easily go batty and say that I never dubbed anything from my masters and that the lineage is false If I chose. No matter what the person said, some people would believe me. It's all a game to Freezer, and becuase he taped some classic shows back in the day, he thinks he's entitled to something. Power.

It's an easy out for him. He realizes that people want Zep shows from the master sources, and he's got one. So why not say "I've never yada yada yada..." It makes him (in his mind) look all that more important. He has already admitted that he did make a 1st gen for at least one person, but he says the person is now dead. How convenient. And who's to say that people didn't get a copy from that guy?

There is NO WAY he can prove that all copies in circulation are "generation unknown". There is NO WAY he can prove anything. But, there is NO WAY I can prove anything either.

From this guy's track record and his thirst for control over a tape, I don't see how anyone can believe him.

Who really cares anyway? I'm upset that I ever ran into this guy. If he were helpful, that would be great. He's not.

Some people may worship him becuase he hit a record button while Led Zep was playing a live gig. I'm not one of them.

Maybe one day he will grow a pair and get the best possible version out there from his master. That's the real way to get some appreciation. Share.
Old 2006-11-25, 05:44 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_Web
Enforcer: yes, he is the taper, and the Taper can say what ever he wants and it's tough to disprove. Although I've never taped Zeppelin, I taped many acts in the 80's and early 90's on a Sony WM-D6C analog deck. I have at one point or another traded most of of masters out to people when I was heavily into mail trading. Now, if someone were to torrent a show I taped saying it was a 1st gen, I could easily go batty and say that I never dubbed anything from my masters and that the lineage is false If I chose. No matter what the person said, some people would believe me. It's all a game to Freezer, and becuase he taped some classic shows back in the day, he thinks he's entitled to something. Power.
Spider_ ,
You rationalize very well for someone who’s just been caught lying.

Let’s talk POWER, ok?

What do you call the rants and tirades you’ve done at DaD trying to MAKE people trade and listen to music the way YOU demand?

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...10#comm1469310

You're on a POWER TRIP, Spider_Web, and its obvious.

Its an easy out for you, Spider_Web. You are saying now.... "My friend told me that when I got it from him,,,,and ni, I won't tell you his name OR go back and tell him he was wrong." What a crock........

You are on a big-time POWER TRIP, Spidey.....

Quote:
there is NO WAY he can prove that all copies in circulation are "generation unknown". There is NO WAY he can prove anything.
But I can prove it, and did in a PM, which is when Spider.Web went back on his word to give up the name of the person who told him he has a “1G>DAT>DAT” of 2/28/75. (I never gave out any 1G cassettes....wheich is what I've said all along.....and that's the truth....not Spider_Web's rationalization....)

His refusal to honor his word makes me suspicious that his entire collection is filled with FAKE, FALSE, and BOGUS lineages.

In any case, obviously, Spider- Web is as guilty of POLLUTING the trade pool as are the remasters he’s been whining about.

Quote:
Maybe one day he will grow a pair and get the best possible version out there from his master. That's the real way to get some appreciation. Share.
Share the information you already promised to divulge in this thread, Spider….Go on and stand up like a man and grow some yourself.

Stop lying Spider_Web and tell the truth for a change.

Last edited by freezer; 2006-11-25 at 05:53 PM.
Old 2006-11-25, 06:02 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I do believe that this thread is NOT going to get back on topic, so I'm closing it. If someone wants to continue one of the original thoughts, please feel free to start a new thread and hopefully it will stay on topic.

Old 2009-09-20, 01:18 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Party pooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions