The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
• Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2010-04-30, 09:19 AM
491.13 GB/783.96 GB/1.60

Re: Why aren't FLAC shows tagged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
flac tags are info embedded in the file that contain artist, title, year, song name, etc etc
Thanks for the info. Can you name the best 1 or 2 programs to use please.
Old 2010-04-30, 09:25 AM
172.31 GB/208.97 GB/1.21

Foobar2000 - player, tagger, converter, it does almost everything you need. For tagging bootlegs I use MassTagger.

Addons:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...p?showforum=33
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2010-04-30, 09:54 AM
10.88 GB/12.78 GB/1.17

When I tag a bootleg, it is easy to fill the field "album". But how do you tag a normal aud record? What do you put into this field?

My tagging tool offers me artist, title, album, year, track number, total tracks, genre, comment. Are there more fields for year, venue etc?
Old 2010-04-30, 01:30 PM
172.31 GB/208.97 GB/1.21

In Foobar you can add extra fields. I usually add 2 extra fields for source and lineage. In the album field I always put the name of the City with the date of the gig. You can also give a name to that bootleg. I don't think you'll find people complaining.
Old 2010-04-30, 04:54 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_them_all1000 View Post
In Foobar you can add extra fields. I usually add 2 extra fields for source and lineage. In the album field I always put the name of the City with the date of the gig. You can also give a name to that bootleg. I don't think you'll find people complaining.
Fuck no, you're 1000% correct -- they especially don't complain when there's bogus info in the notes/description, so why would they complain about giving a bootleg a title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2010-05-01, 07:59 AM
10.88 GB/12.78 GB/1.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
Fuck no, you're 1000% correct -- they especially don't complain when there's bogus info in the notes/description, so why would they complain about giving a bootleg a title?
hrhr

I just found this site: http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html Gives a little overview about some kind of recommendations/examples.

Cheers
dn
Old 2010-05-01, 09:14 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
So what happens when someone seeds a show and the tags are loaded with misinformation, speculation, and garbage info?

Does someone on staff rectify the info OR is it just TTD policy to keep the bad information and let the show/set continue to be passed along as is.

I've seen recordings I made years ago turn up at this site with incredible amounts of bogus information, and I've always wondered about this.

Honestly -- Why are torrents allowed at TTD with misinformation in the tags?

This is a serious question; I really don't understand why a show isn't removed immediately when the seeder passes along bogus information in the description and / or tags?

Wouldn't it be easier to pull the show until the right information has been ascertained and the "mistakes" corrected?
yes it'd be pulled, IF the "correct information" could actually be ascertained...however, most of the time it can't...hell, even when it comes to those recordings of yers you mentioned, you've never actually corrected the misinformation with anything other than vague hints -- certainly never any definitive, concrete lineage

but if "Freezer's Recording A" was being seeded with incorrect info/lineage/etc [like most of yer recordings that surface here it seems], and in response you provided a definitive transfer with detailed transfer info, then yes the other version WOULD be pulled

per the topic -- i don't tag flac files either...they're not necessary to the quality or listening experience, and have never been of use to me...so why go thru the extra 10 mins of entering data when i could be transferring another show...thats just me personally, i don't care if someone else edits the flac tags once i distribute it
Old 2010-05-01, 12:34 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

We do not check metadata in torrent files.

I think it is good practice to tag the files with artist, title and maybe a date if it merits, but we do not officially give a shit if you do or not.

Seeder's / taper's choice.
Old 2010-05-01, 02:59 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
yes it'd be pulled, IF the "correct information" could actually be ascertained...however, most of the time it can't...hell, even when it comes to those recordings of yers you mentioned, you've never actually corrected the misinformation with anything other than vague hints -- certainly never any definitive, concrete lineage
What the hell is vague about: UNKNOWN GENERATION RECORDING>silver bootleg>TTD torrent

Yet there are fucking "silver bootlegs" with even less correct info/data/tags than that allowed and embraced and WORSHIPPED here.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=81293

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=52239

And Aar.oner, remember this one? Wasn't it one of your favorites?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=79169

That one has an mp3 in the audience portion, yet it was here for a long time, before james-kg decided enough was enough.

Quote:
but if "Freezer's Recording A" was being seeded with incorrect info/lineage/etc [like most of yer recordings that surface here it seems], and in response you provided a definitive transfer with detailed transfer info, then yes the other version WOULD be pulled
C'mon Aar.oner, that's bs and you know it, my young friend.

If someone purposefully lies and falsifies lineage in the tags and in the data file, then THAT specific torrent is bullshit. period...

Lies/false information alone should be enough to get a seed pulled until it's sorted out.

Especially when the original taper points out the motherfucking LIES that are in the description/data file/tags..........

That George Harrison 11/26/74 has bogus lineage in the data, I poiinted it out (in that thread and reported to the mods), and fuck-a-duck, it was not only accepted with a fucking LIE as the lineage, the seeder whined that was how he got it. (then proceeded to post other seeds with bogus lineage, always whining that "it was how he got it" so it's OK to pass on the lies? )

But don't pick on him alone, huh, when there are a number of others that also do it constantly.

(Your above-described method, Aar.oner, allows the BOGUS version enough time to get spread all over...which is something I see happening at TTD with torrents of OFFICIAL material...Officialy released material always seems to be left up long enough to be spread to whomever was already on it.)

Look: if you don't know the information, then don't lie. How about using that as rule #1, huh?
Old 2010-05-01, 03:11 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

i agree, but in all honesty there's no way we can truly verify any lineage...hell, i can seed one of my own recordings, make up some bs in the lineage, and done...no one knows...point is, its impossible to truly police

but like i said, if a recording of yers makes the rounds with bs info and it really bothers you, then offer up a direct transfer with the REAL info...problem solved

[then again, you could bs on that info and no one'd know, right?]

by gones...they're just concert recordings anyway
Old 2010-05-01, 03:12 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

oh and you should know that NO zepellin recording is one of my favorites...fuck zeppelin!

Old 2010-05-01, 03:16 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
oh and you should know that NO zepellin recording is one of my favorites...fuck zeppelin!

I was referring to McMuffin-boy.

Old 2010-05-01, 03:21 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

true, i do enjoy that lil muffin tart!

Old 2010-05-01, 03:26 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
i agree, but i..............point is, its impossible to truly police

by gones...they're just concert recordings anyway
NOT always impossible, especially when the original taper reports that the info used in the tags/data file of a torrent of a bootleg is BOGUS, huh?

And you're right, just concert recordings.

NEVER a reason to LIE about 'em, the other 99.99% of the world doesn't care about 'em, so the appeal is only to a very small group.
Old 2010-05-01, 03:29 PM
The Fisherman
195.99 GB/512.79 GB/2.62

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble