The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-02-02, 11:43 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Site Upgrade last Monday - list problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementrium View Post
Yes, it's strange. Anyway, if LT is activated again, I'll try to accomodate my browsing behaviour to one that suits well with it. (<- makes sense? )
Also, it seems like I'm the only one with the problem, so don't worry.

Thanks, U2L
I posted a visitor Message for you (actually, a couple) about some changes I've made. I also just upgraded to the latest Live Topic. So, go ahead and reply to me via the Visitor Messages about what you notice on the site.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-02-02, 07:23 PM
TTD VIP
437.11 GB/10.44 TB/24.45

not sure if its related because i didn't read the whole thread but my pop up PM box has stopped working
it has happened in the past too
yes my show pop up box in checked in prefs
Old 2009-02-02, 07:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yeah, we have a box that shows at the top of the page now under the navbar instead. And, you will also see it say "Your Notifications: x" if you have any (that that will dropdown to say if it's Private Messages, Visitor Messages, or whatever kinda of notification you have awaiting you).

Old 2009-02-07, 04:55 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

um... is there some way to remove an entry I placed on another members visitor page? I intended to send a PM and all these new features have pushed my poor overworked mind beyond it's limits. I found it possible to edit but now there is a permanent entry that just does not belong.
Old 2009-02-07, 05:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicada View Post
um... is there some way to remove an entry I placed on another members visitor page? I intended to send a PM and all these new features have pushed my poor overworked mind beyond it's limits. I found it possible to edit but now there is a permanent entry that just does not belong.
That isn't an option I am able to turn on (it doesn't exist). The user themselves may remove the message. You could edit it to say "Remove Me" or something and hopefully they see it and remove it. You may also Report It (I think?) and ask the mods to remove it.

(And yeah, a bunch of new features... I'm still getting used to them also. I've tried to write up some helpful posts about them in the New TTD Features thread.)

Old 2009-02-09, 03:56 AM
TTD VIP
7.87 TB/8.36 TB/1.06

hi to all i uploaded the following torrent yesterday :- Bruce Springsteen - 1975-09-12 Municipal Auditorium, Austin i see it is no longer on the tracker but according to my u torrent im still seeding it can someone tell me if it has been removed from the tracker & if there is a problem with it many thanks
Old 2009-02-09, 06:27 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaster1 View Post
hi to all i uploaded the following torrent yesterday :- Bruce Springsteen - 1975-09-12 Municipal Auditorium, Austin i see it is no longer on the tracker but according to my u torrent im still seeding it can someone tell me if it has been removed from the tracker & if there is a problem with it many thanks
it was pulled...see the last post in the thread:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=69557
Old 2009-02-09, 08:06 AM
23.59 GB/158.27 GB/6.71

Is there still a way to sort by Soundboard, matrix, studio, etc.?

I have not been able to find it.
Old 2009-02-09, 08:10 AM
23.59 GB/158.27 GB/6.71

Sorry, found it
Old 2009-02-10, 03:45 PM
130.82 GB/166.74 GB/1.27

Wow, I haven't read through everything, but it certainly seems effed up on my computer. The torrents page just seems to keep loading over and over. Never goes anywhere.

Okay, I take that back. It's the home page.

Okay, I take THAT back. It's when I select audio torrents from the torrent page that never seems to go anywhere. Used to list the pages, but all I see is the first ten torrents. Unless it is just super slow in loading.

Last edited by allaboutme; 2009-02-10 at 03:50 PM.
Old 2009-02-10, 03:54 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you want to see *all* the audio torrents, then click on the Audio Torrent forum link on the Home page. I used to have a link to that by the list of torrents (as well as a link to the Video Torrents forums). The Home page (forums/index.php) only shows the 10 most recent torrents. I can add back the All Audio Torrents and All Video Torrents links, but the forums are right there on the page too (in fact you have to go past them in order to get to that list.)

edit: I did add a link down there to the torrents page so you can see the full list of torrents. But, as I said, all you have to do to get the Audio or Video torrents list is click on the forum name itself.

Last edited by U2Lynne; 2009-02-11 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added edit
Old 2009-02-10, 08:38 PM
1.04 TB/6.52 TB/6.25

Nice Job on the upgrade!

I wanted to say thanks for all you do to keep the site running smooth!
Old 2009-02-11, 11:17 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Nice Job on the upgrade!

I wanted to say thanks for all you do to keep the site running smooth!
I think all three of us - TTD, TapeCity, and PlanetRock - all did the upgrade within a week of each other. It seems to have gone smoothly (mostly) for all three sites. I'd say Thanks is in order to all three for a pretty smooth transition to the new version of vbulletin.

Old 2009-02-12, 08:54 PM
255.43 GB/311.61 GB/1.22

Booo. Everything is moving in SLOW MO. Takes way too long to do anything . Way too much going on. Server is too busy. If it aint' broke, Don't fix it. O'well.... just gonna take a little longer ...I'll wait. Your still the best.....
Old 2009-02-12, 09:12 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

I haven't noticed any lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions