The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-10, 08:55 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Re: Can 'audio watermarks' be banned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by set list thief View Post
I find calling people names is a surefire way to win an argument. Especially on the internet.
See. this guy knows that it's the toonzs that come first, not calling anyone an immature idjut that wins the arguement.

Surely that was the point of yer post, Mr. thief, wasn't it?

I thought your irony in yer post was well thought out, Mr. Thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2010-11-10, 09:16 AM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
leave it to bored post whores to take an honest question/concern, skip all intelligent discussion, & turn it into the same rehashed short bus battle we've seen time & again

i hear what yer sayin GRC, i find someone "marking" a recording [and especially one they didn't record & added in post] to be ridiculous and against the philosophy of this site...however, it'd be nearly impossible to police, since if we officially banned it certain folks would then purposely add em without saying so in the info, just to prove they can [cuz they're immature idjuts]
God forbid the mods actually have to do some work to enforce their own rules. And you are right that people can and probably will defy it just to prove they can but like any social site if the mods are on the ball they know their regulars and know who will be potential troublemakers and so on and so forth and that information alone makes it that much easier to create/enforce rules. You guys claim to be the bastion of live digital music purity you should lead by example(even if it fails) instead of paying lip service to the problem.
Old 2010-11-10, 09:49 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
God forbid the mods actually have to do some work to enforce their own rules. And you are right that people can and probably will defy it just to prove they can but like any social site if the mods are on the ball they know their regulars and know who will be potential troublemakers and so on and so forth and that information alone makes it that much easier to create/enforce rules. You guys claim to be the bastion of live digital music purity you should lead by example(even if it fails) instead of paying lip service to the problem.
if you have the time to download every torrent posted, check every millisecond of every recording for what is deemed an inferior quality, and can figure out who every troublemaker is of the 80,000 members on this board -- by all means, i vote weedwacker to be head BT mod!

truth is we do have the highest standards of any of the major live recording torrent sites [i'd say bt.etree is on par as well, but with far less diversity/number of torrents]...unfortunately, there is a degree of simple trust that must be made, especially when it comes to things like lineage which have no "litmus test" as compared to audio analysis for lossless/lossy-ness

for everyone here -- lets keep in mind these are merely concert recordings and have absolutely no effect on quality of life...the fact that some collectors and tapers take this so seriously is laughable...just enjoy the hobby & realize that this ain't all that important in the grand scheme of things
Old 2010-11-10, 11:06 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
if you have the time to download every torrent posted, check every millisecond of every recording for what is deemed an inferior quality, and can figure out who every troublemaker is of the 80,000 members on this board -- by all means, i vote weedwacker to be head BT mod!

truth is we do have the highest standards of any of the major live recording torrent sites [i'd say bt.etree is on par as well, but with far less diversity/number of torrents]...unfortunately, there is a degree of simple trust that must be made, especially when it comes to things like lineage which have no "litmus test" as compared to audio analysis for lossless/lossy-ness

for everyone here -- lets keep in mind these are merely concert recordings and have absolutely no effect on quality of life...the fact that some collectors and tapers take this so seriously is laughable...just enjoy the hobby & realize that this ain't all that important in the grand scheme of things
Amen to all of this. And I think weedwacker would make a great mod. I'd welcome him, especially if he's willing to download and listen to all the torrents to check for stuff like this.
Old 2010-11-10, 11:20 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

I would be thrilled to have weedwacker on staff as well...

I think this incident is something that only Toole would do. That having been said, I'm all for banning this weird voiceover stuff it just seems ridiculous to have a rule in the seeding rules that's only there for Toole.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2010-11-10, 11:39 AM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

What a tool!

Sorry.
Old 2010-11-10, 11:43 AM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Quote:
Old 2010-11-10, 11:46 AM
commander_hg
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

You old knudsons should get over it.

I mean, c'mon guys nobody is interested in any of that
shitty bands y'all are "sharing" anyway so what's the deal?
Old 2010-11-10, 03:07 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
I would be thrilled to have weedwacker on staff as well...

I think this incident is something that only Toole would do. That having been said, I'm all for banning this weird voiceover stuff it just seems ridiculous to have a rule in the seeding rules that's only there for Toole.
You know me well enough Jamie, and you know I'll do it also.

That is, if you can be absolutely sure I haven't already done it.

So you guys gonna ban my as yet uncirculated masters as they trickle out, just in case they're marked?

But then allow a silver boot with the same watermarks? Source ZERO, remember?.

Start with the Rod Stewart and Faces September 25, 1973 show from Baton Rouge that you got in a package some time ago.

Ban that one.....no one else besides the taper has a copy of that one except you, five.

You can put it up at DaD, and once a bootlegger puts it out, then you can put it up at TTD.

I sent it to you over a year ago == does it have any particular audio watermarks on it a few times?

Maybe James-KY can tell you with 100% certainty if it does, just like he knew for certain that my stand-alone couldn't record with microphones.........

yow.

Quote:

Last edited by freezer; 2010-11-10 at 03:12 PM.
Old 2010-11-10, 03:35 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Almost all of my shows are marked. My voice. A friend's voice.
Cuts for bathroom runs.

There's even a flush during one show.
Of the 200 people that got it, nobody mentioned it.

All were on the original master.
Can't say I'd want somebody else talking over my recording to get his name on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.
Old 2010-11-10, 04:54 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

hey freezer ...sorry about that. I just kinda snapped about a year ago. too much on my plate! I've got at least 20 seeds to post, in varying stages of completion. I'm really excited to get back to posting a whole bunch of uncirculated shit in the coming months!

Quote:
Old 2010-11-10, 05:01 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
hey freezer ...sorry about that. I just kinda snapped about a year ago. too much on my plate! I've got at least 20 seeds to post, in varying stages of completion. I'm really excited to get back to posting a whole bunch of uncirculated shit in the coming months!
Please don't put a voice over of your name over the music.
Old 2010-11-10, 05:14 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

hey now so long as its not overlapping the music

of course I wouldn't do that?

how about making a loop of crowd noise and reading the text file aloud at the end of the show. like a wwo broadcast. don't tell me you wouldn't download that and check it out

we're seeing the future starting here. it will become a requirement in the seeding rules. we can get rid of all the people who aren't tapers or at least the ones who don't have mics. its genius.

seems like an awful lot of bother, tho...

Quote:
Old 2010-11-10, 05:25 PM
TTD VIP
191.41 GB/224.76 GB/1.17

If I have NO interest in this recording, and I tape, and I hardly ever even download anything anymore, BUT think this is a shitty practice (putting your own name over a tape you didn't pull, but "remastered") can I still be called "Captain Entitlement"? or Greedy-Demanding-Leecher?
Old 2010-11-10, 05:34 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
If I have NO interest in this recording, and I tape, and I hardly ever even download anything anymore, BUT think this is a shitty practice (putting your own name over a tape you didn't pull, but "remastered") can I still be called "Captain Entitlement"? or Greedy-Demanding-Leecher?
Yes, please just look in a mirror and scream those names at yourself, if it'll make you feel better.

There are other names that come to mind, but you'll have to be creative and just think of 'em yourself while you scream in that mirror, OK?.

Quote:
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions