The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-12-14, 03:17 PM
54.80 GB/85.16 GB/1.55

Re: Report all ratio issues here

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
PeterED, did you logon to TTD from another computer at some time during your download? That will confuse the tracker a bit since it updates stats based on your current IP.
I don't think so (I might have checked the site over the weekend to see what was new but I didn't ul or dl anything.)

Pete
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-12-15, 04:56 AM
Spacefuzzed
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Ehm, I'm a new member here, but I downloaded two complete torrents (The Mars Volta show in FLAC and the Jack Johnson TV Tour) and am busy with a Smashing Pumpkins DVD, but I noticed my download isn't more then 450 mb, and I have been seeding those two for completes for quite a while, and the SP DVD has a 0.3 ratio by now, but that can never be a total of 16,777,216.00 TB. My ratio is very high right now, but this isn't correct...
How can this be/how can I fix this? Guess I ain't as familiar with bittorrents as I thought I was.
Old 2005-12-15, 10:19 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Another one totally out of whack. I wish I knew why it is doing this at times. Very, very weird. What bittorrent client are you using? I wonder if it's one that pounds the tracker and so it updates you all the times and it just goes wild with the updates? I gave you a 1:1 ratio for those two shows you downloaded. Let's see what happens to your stats now.

Old 2005-12-15, 03:05 PM
Spacefuzzed
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Tnx for fixing it!!

I'm using BitLord 1.1
I also noticed that I have troubles with my ports, I don't know if this got anything to do with it. I live in a kind of campus, and all the rooms in my unit share one internetconnection. I read al kinds of stuf with routers and port forwarding and stuff, and it's all a bit vague to me what exactly has to be done with it (my english isn't thát great ). I only get local connections. This is probably entirely off-topic, but maybe it has something to do with it...
Old 2005-12-15, 03:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Your ratio problem was because of BitLord. That client is famous for pounding trackers. In fact, DIME has banned the client and is giving people just a couple of weeks to stop using it or they lose their account there.

As for the ports and living on campus... I have heard many people say that you can forget about forwarding your ports while on campus unless you are real good friends with the IT guy there.

Old 2005-12-16, 03:50 AM
Spacefuzzed
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Ok, thanks a lot, for pointing that out...
But do you have any suggestion for a good client? Or are the rest of the client equally good, and is Bitlord the only one that's so bad? Then I will finish the torrents I have with BitLord and start using another one!!
Old 2005-12-16, 10:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

There are several clients listed in our Software FAQ. I'm a Mac person and I use Azureus, which is also available for PC users. There are threads in Technobabble where people have asked which is the best client. You might want to do a search on it here.

Old 2005-12-23, 05:18 AM
0.99 TB/1.05 TB/1.06

My upload # has not changed since about noon yesterday. I've been uploading the Phish 6/23/89 DVD torrent all day yesterday. I've clicked on the update tracker option (which always works) and still there is not a change.

I have no idea how much I have not been given credit for and since there is not a ratio enforcement on the site, it is not a big deal. I am just trying to get my ratio up to ver 1 and was wondering if there are issues with the tracker.
Old 2005-12-23, 10:37 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

bvaz, I'm not sure why it isn't updating for you. I can see it doesn't even show that you are on that torrent, so obviously that is part of the problem. Did you start your torrent at one IP and then log on from another? That will confuse the tracker (it keeps track of stats by IP addy).

Old 2005-12-23, 12:53 PM
0.99 TB/1.05 TB/1.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
bvaz, I'm not sure why it isn't updating for you. I can see it doesn't even show that you are on that torrent, so obviously that is part of the problem. Did you start your torrent at one IP and then log on from another? That will confuse the tracker (it keeps track of stats by IP addy).
I closed it down because I started a new torrent this morning and I didn't want to water down my upload speeds. My stats are updating now with the current torrent so it was just this one that didn't update. It's no big deal. It was probably only a GB or less that didn't update on my stats so I am not worried about it.

thanks for looking into it though.
Old 2005-12-28, 12:45 PM
271.92 GB/99.91 GB/0.37

I am using Bit Tornado T 0.3.10 and am getting very mixed results on my share ratio - I have left open Mule 12496 Torrent for not quite 2 weeks since I finished the download - my share ratio has hardly budged - I have shut it down reset my router several times - - one time it made a very small jump - I also kept my window open for about a week on a Beatles torrent but it was on the old tracker - I have downloaded other shows as well - seems to track my downloading OK - I have plenty of down bandwidth but not lots of up - not much I can do here - have opened ports have green lights etc. - I only have one provider available in my neighborhood (without going to sat)
Old 2005-12-28, 12:57 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, I notice you have several IP addresses, so it could be that you were on the torrent and then logged on from a different IP and so that confused the tracker on who you were. The tracker keeps track of stats based on the IP address. If you are torrenting from one, and then log on from another, it won't know who you are. (not sure if that makes sense). If something gets messed up real bad, just send us an email using the Contact Us link below and tell us how much we should adjust your stats.

Old 2005-12-28, 06:59 PM
271.92 GB/99.91 GB/0.37

I only have one computer I log in from - must be my ISP that switches the IP address?
Old 2005-12-29, 12:54 PM
28.85 GB/32.71 GB/1.13

hi
I'm seeding the beatles complete yellow dog, and I'm about 1.3 gb but my ratio is still with 1.54/289 mb...? will be running for 5 or 6 hours more, but how get the right ratio ? I'm using bit tornado.
thanks
Old 2005-12-30, 09:02 AM
28.85 GB/32.71 GB/1.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf
hi
I'm seeding the beatles complete yellow dog, and I'm about 1.3 gb but my ratio is still with 1.54/289 mb...? will be running for 5 or 6 hours more, but how get the right ratio ? I'm using bit tornado.
thanks
still no update today, but I'm always here....
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc
( 38.5 KB, 6 views)

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble