The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-11-07, 04:12 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Old 2006-12-11, 02:16 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

of course a brent fan would have a bad ratio
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-12-15, 02:11 PM
789.83 GB/484.60 GB/0.61

PlaynNDBnd
Downloaded: 1.25 TB - Uploaded: 383.25 GB (0.30 ratio)

Not only is does he not share he's jumps off torrents even if he's the only seeder! A real class Act.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...&page=14&pp=15
(1/4 down the page. I finished him off and then he jumped ship..what a sh*t)

I'm not much better but hey I'm capped @ 15UP. Sorry peeps.

<ip removed> If you want to block him and not share to him. I say post IP's of all these takers and slowly people will ban them and they wont get the good nearly as fast! Just my 2 cents.
Old 2006-12-21, 10:17 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

SLOVAKIA
(26.65 GB/2.39 GB/0.09)
Old 2006-12-21, 12:06 PM
789.83 GB/484.60 GB/0.61

Just so I know we can post real names and emails but not partial IP's. Does that make any sense?

When you link their handle it contains access to their IP anyway so what's the big deal? Does it say not to post IP's somewhere in the TOS? I took a look but didn't see anything. If it's a rule it should be in there and followed accordingly.

Thanks

Last edited by sadu; 2006-12-21 at 12:13 PM.
Old 2006-12-21, 05:43 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

don't post IPs on this board... we will add something to the rules

if you really insist you can post it as it appears in the stats part of the announce thread with xxx at the end. no full ips, please.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-12-23, 02:29 PM
104.64 GB/120.55 GB/1.15

I'm sure some people on this forum already know about this, but there's feature on azureus that lets you set a automatic ratio for your bandwidth.

Go to: Preferences> Transfer> Auto-Speed - Check the box to enable download speed adjustment. The custom ratio that is set is 2.0 (download speed is double the upload limit) so just set it to 0.5 and your download speed is half the upload speed. That might help straighten out your ratio if you don't want to have to worry about it.

I just figured that out, maybe a mod should post that on the FAQs or something.
Old 2006-12-27, 05:39 AM
791.86 GB/10.16 TB/13.14

it's actually better to download the complete torrent as fast as you can, then leave it open to seed. if you limit your download speed, you get the pieces slower, meaning you have less of them to distribute among the swarm.
Old 2006-12-27, 08:30 PM
2.39 TB/2.57 TB/1.07

I'm sitting at .40. I try to keep my torrents open for a while, but my azureus randomly shuts down. Trying to figure it out. My real question though, is, since I'm new to the community, and don't have anything to offer, how can I really improve my ratio?
Old 2006-12-27, 10:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

If you don't have something to seed/offer (which many people don't), the best thing you can do is seed torrents that you have when they need seeding. Look at them every day (or couple of days or however often you can) and see if there is a show that has only one seeder and many leechers. Then, seed that one. You will be doing the same thing for that show as if you were seeding a new show.

Is Azureus quitting or does it simply stop seeding the show?

Old 2006-12-27, 11:20 PM
2.39 TB/2.57 TB/1.07

Azureus is actually quitting. I <u>think</u> I noticed that it happens primarily when I have winamp open, playing files resident on the same drive as I'm saving to. Not positive about that yet though. More observation needed. I had been told by someone on the azureus support IRC channel that I needed a 64 bit version of java, because I have a 64 bit processor. I looked, but could not find one that said specifically that it was for an AMD Athlon. Plenty for an Opteron, however. I am still running 32 bit windows on the newly upgraded processor though. Sun never responded to an email inquiry. Any suggestions.

And thanks for the tip on reseeding, I will try to do that in the future. I need to alter the way in which I archive, store and play files to accommodate not polluting the trade pool anyway.

Thanks again,
(new member)
Colonel_Forbin117
Old 2006-12-28, 12:23 AM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin117
Azureus is actually quitting. I <u>think</u> I noticed that it happens primarily when I have winamp open, playing files resident on the same drive as I'm saving to. Not positive about that yet though. More observation needed. I had been told by someone on the azureus support IRC channel that I needed a 64 bit version of java, because I have a 64 bit processor. I looked, but could not find one that said specifically that it was for an AMD Athlon. Plenty for an Opteron, however. I am still running 32 bit windows on the newly upgraded processor though. Sun never responded to an email inquiry. Any suggestions.

And thanks for the tip on reseeding, I will try to do that in the future. I need to alter the way in which I archive, store and play files to accommodate not polluting the trade pool anyway.

Thanks again,
(new member)
Colonel_Forbin117
If you're running 32-bit Windows, I'm pretty certain you do not want to run a 64-bit program. One, I don't think a 64-bit program will run on a 32-bit OS. Two, if it does run, it might mess up your system.

What Azureus version are you running? If it's a beta, maybe switch to a stable version. Also, are you using the newest Java Runtime Environment for your platform?
Old 2006-12-28, 12:28 AM
2.39 TB/2.57 TB/1.07

I'm running the most current stable Azureus as of about three weeks ago. and as far as java goes, their website says I'm running the most current. I was really unsure about the need for a 64 bit java inside a 32 bit environment, but I figured I'd ask. Sun themselves were no help. Always glad for the input.
Old 2006-12-28, 12:29 AM
2.39 TB/2.57 TB/1.07

Azureus 2.5.0.0 according to my app.
Old 2006-12-28, 12:42 AM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hmmm...do you run regular anti-virus and spyware checks? Have you defragmented your hard drive recently?

Oh, and foobar2000 is a much better media player than Winamp as far as traders are concerned (and it's got a small footprint). It ain't pretty, but it's pretty powerful.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers