The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2021-05-06, 01:51 AM
104.39 GB/61.56 GB/0.59

Icon4 Seeding Questions for a newbie

Hello fellow bootleggers,

I'm new to this site and absolutely in love. Yall have given me a whole new rabbit hole in my life, but I have a question or two that would be great if I could get sorted out. For my first week, the Firewall confused me to no end. Eventually, I was able to open port forwarding and those angry red letters disappeared. Because I started with a splurge of torrents (mainly those Beatles Purple Chick compilations), my ratio is currently very low, and I would love to help seed. However, whenever I actually do upload, I'm going at the glacial speed of around 15 Kb/s. How can I pump these numbers? I am on port 6881 in qBitTorrent if that is relevant. Also, I often see myself firewalled at random times, needing me to pause and play the torrent. Is this just something that happens, or is there a way to prevent this? Thank you so much in advance, this is a wonderful community.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2021-05-06, 01:58 AM
104.39 GB/61.56 GB/0.59

Re: Seeding Questions for a newbie

Also, I should add, some torrents that claim to have seeders are simply not starting and showing zero seeds on my client
(currently in question is http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...inatra+oakland and http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62090&highlight=petty+dylan.
Old 2021-05-06, 03:49 AM
ЧИСТОЕ НЕБО ПЛАНЕТЫ ЗЕМЛЯ
690.76 GB/1.96 TB/2.91

Re: Seeding Questions for a newbie

A sad story. For me, on the contrary, everything was fine for years, and now seeding ends when the torrent download is completed.

This continues for about six months and when it will end is unknown.
Old 2021-05-06, 08:59 AM
Damned
153.36 GB/1.23 TB/8.19

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo94 View Post
[...] glacial speed of around 15 Kb/s [...] I am on port 6881 in qBitTorrent if that is relevant. Also, I often see myself firewalled at random times, needing me to pause and play the torrent. [...]
Hi.

Take a closer look into your client's settings if there is no upload cap set. Change port to one that is not so well known as torrent related (even the likes of 12345 would be fine), set your router/firewall accordingly (both http and udp) and take a look at canyouseeme.org if they see your service on aforementioned port. It should look like this:

port-blurred.png

Here's my client's port 32323 seen by their page. I blurred my IP address, obviously.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Tags
port forwarding, seeding