The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders

Notices

Good & Bad Traders If you've had either a good or bad experience with a trader here, please let people know.

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-31, 12:56 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Bad Trader: ballsdeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrcoq View Post
I want to know why the fuck my posts on this thread were deleted?

I can tell you why, and I'm not even a mod....someone has had a hard-on for anyone who may remotely say that I'm ok, or otherwise, ever since I called out his buddy trusty for being a fucking douche.

meaning his attitude is "fuck 'em".

---------------------------------------------------------------

and sorry for the FB confusion then there Randy, you either sent two emails or sent from 2 different emails or I don't know what, there's the one email that went back to the beginning that I was going from, and there's a 4 month gap in there from June to October...that's the only email I've been referencing, my apologies for not remembering August.

I provided you PLENTY of updates (you posted LOTS of them from early last year thru October), and I believe they only ended when, again, October 10....:

hey dude, can you pull the stuff off of this drive while I finish filling the other???

you asked for the information.

I sent the specs on the 10th/11th....and for 2+ weeks, nothing.

after you did the same thing just the week before for a few days (I stated twice that month "I guess you're not interested", once on the 7th/8th, again on the 26th), I figured YOU were busy...and the drive was still 300GB short of full, AND, in late October, you knew I was taking off in November for 10 shows in 12 days.

Jort had to wait 3+ years, and your undies are wadded because you heard nothing from me since late October.....

Jort was waiting on less than 100GB of info, you're waiting for nearly 2 TB.

sorry I don't live up to or meet your standards.
Old 2014-01-31, 03:48 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serious-Business. copy.jpg
( 357.0 KB, 186 views)

Old 2014-01-31, 08:03 AM
1997 was a damn good year...
475.96 GB/6.54 GB/0.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Stallion DVDs View Post
I seriously doubt that I'll ever get this drive back from you, so I'll tell you what. Just keep it for yourself. A $130 gift from me to you.
he's gonna send that thing back to you...just to be a dick.
Old 2014-01-31, 08:10 AM
1997 was a damn good year...
475.96 GB/6.54 GB/0.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsdeep View Post
Jort had to wait 3+ years, and your undies are wadded because you heard nothing from me since late October.....

Jort was waiting on less than 100GB of info, you're waiting for nearly 2 TB.

sorry I don't live up to or meet your standards.
you wanna know something funny??

I've been slowly getting your package together, and I lost your flash drive (misplaced it - it's in the house...somewhere)

but the FUNNY part is...I almost got it all together, a few stragglers aside, when I realized...I have had no thought or intention of putting that '94 mötley in the package. Hadn't even considered it.

Now, that's only funny to me and Hagar, mainly because that show has been a running gag between us since like '02, SO...

what's my point??
Old 2014-01-31, 08:14 AM
143.05 GB/890.06 GB/6.22

Excellent melt, SSD. I wish I didn't have a full day ahead of me at work. I could pop some corn and hang out.

Second day in a row I've come across a good internet row. Glad to see message boards are still alive.

FWIW, Steve has sent me stuff in the past, on his dime. No issues here. In fact, I've had to beg off a couple of projects just because I didn't have time. I owe you a couple beers, balls.
Old 2014-01-31, 10:34 AM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
Funny you should mention jort, the person who waited three plus years for you to send him those Black Crowes videos.

So all that time you were sending me emails about the Black Crowes videos you were putting on the hard drive to send back to me ... you had long since already promised them to someone else. Let's take another look at some of those emails:

Oh ... and in this one you even mention you are chasing down the flac files for these videos:

So even after I tell you that I am out there actively seeking audio for these Black Crowes videos ... do you tell me anything about this other person to whom you've promised these videos? Do you tell me that I should hold off on working trades for the Black Crowes audio? NO. Not a word.

And just how did I find out about jort?? I made it known with some trader friends that I was looking to trade for some Black Crowes audios to sync with videos I had coming in. But I get word back that someone else (jort) was in the process of uploading synched versions at a private tracker of the very same Black Crowes videos for which I was seeking audio.

So much for dealing with me (and who knows how many others?) in good faith Steve.
Old 2014-01-31, 11:55 AM
150.49 GB/191.24 GB/1.27

Randy,

Relax dude. So he bet on two horses in regards of the TBC shows. And you lucked out. Too bad bro, it might have happend to me. All I can say is that you take this stuff way too seriously.
Old 2014-01-31, 11:56 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post

I do not believe that I have ever asked a mod to remove a post about me.

I HAVE asked mods why they removed my posts, but my skin is a lot thicker than the average tape trading bear.
Old 2014-01-31, 11:57 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker97 View Post
he's gonna send that thing back to you...just to be a dick.

and it's gonna be wrapped in a calendar, with a battery-less watch tied to the bow.
Old 2014-01-31, 12:09 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Stallion DVDs View Post
Funny you should mention jort, the person who waited three plus years for you to send him those Black Crowes videos.

So all that time you were sending me emails about the Black Crowes videos you were putting on the hard drive to send back to me ... you had long since already promised them to someone else. Let's take another look at some of those emails:

Oh ... and in this one you even mention you are chasing down the flac files for these videos:

So even after I tell you that I am out there actively seeking audio for these Black Crowes videos ... do you tell me anything about this other person to whom you've promised these videos? Do you tell me that I should hold off on working trades for the Black Crowes audio? NO. Not a word.

And just how did I find out about jort?? I made it known with some trader friends that I was looking to trade for some Black Crowes audios to sync with videos I had coming in. But I get word back that someone else (jort) was in the process of uploading synched versions at a private tracker of the very same Black Crowes videos for which I was seeking audio.

So much for dealing with me (and who knows how many others?) in good faith Steve.

dear Randy,

you DO realize that the video list started with The Black Crowes shows, because that is when I bought the camera, right?

and that the list was in chronological order, right?

or, it wasn't because they were the "first shows I was hoping you'd work on".

I've been a member of the Black Crowes taping community going back to the mid 90's (taped 'em with Marc 25 times between '95 and '97, for starters, 10th and 12th row with Page @ the Greek for 2 nights in '99, etc.), it doesn't seem I was able to shake loose the raw .flacs for the synching, but what Jort did still came out amazing.

with ALL the material on that drive, I'm somewhat dazzled you decided to put all that effort, all that focus, on a band that is not even kosher with video torrents. (hence: PRIVATE tracker)

all the list was is a "list of what I had", not a prioritized list, or a "best to worst" list, just a simple, chronological list of what would be on the drive when it's sent.

btw, your screenshot skills are stellar, kudos for that.

if you're itching to get started on something, PICK WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO WORK ON, and I'll fill up a 64 and a 32 with some stuff, and you can have some fun with it while I get my shit together.

because, you know, this is a FUN hobby....I should take pics of the 2 full boxes of cds of analog tape transfers > cd I did a few years back, some real treats and goodies in there as well, I wouldn't even know where to start.

no anger or resentments on this end, I wish you the best whatever you decide.

with love,

Mr. B. Deep
Old 2014-01-31, 02:56 PM
39.54 GB/39.97 GB/1.01

Steve has always been upfront and good to his word in all the years I have taped and traded. He is not a bad trader at all.
Old 2014-01-31, 04:18 PM
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
you DO realize that the video list started with The Black Crowes shows, because that is when I bought the camera, right?

and that the list was in chronological order, right?

or, it wasn't because they were the "first shows I was hoping you'd work on".
Then why the discussion about acquiring the flacs? Why didn't you say those were already covered ... especially when I mentioned I was also trying to get them?

Surely at that time you already knew you were never going to send those to me. Actually - according to you, your plans for those had already been made three years earlier.
Old 2014-01-31, 06:58 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

the discussion about acquiring the .flacs is simple: if you had a CHANCE to use raw .flacs used to make mp3's vs. mp3's, what would YOU do?

the list of vids sent to you was a list of everything I'd filmed, not everything in my possession.

those 3 computers with the Crowes footage, post show, went to Washington state, Illinois, and the Northeast...a guy in the Northeast was SUPPOSED to make dvds, but after a year of jumping the shark, said fuck it.

the footage STILL isn't on the drive, as of today...Jort sent me the sticks, but now that it's been put to dvd (with HD version to come, or so I has heard), is it even necessary.

I'm still kinda dazzled that you're focused on .25% of what is on that drive, ESPECIALLY considering that Crowes dvds aren't to be torrented publicly.
Old 2014-02-01, 12:38 AM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

so, again, my offer stands Randy, if you're itching to make some dvds, and want some stuff SOON, I've got a 64 and a 32 here with your name on 'em, just pick what YOU want (aka: dibs), get over your butthurt re: the Crowes, and lets make peace.

I'm not the bad guy you want me to be, and I don't believe you're a bad person either....just bad at returning emails at times.

with love,

furburger
Old 2014-02-01, 02:13 AM
TTD VIP
411.55 GB/18.82 TB/46.84

Quote:
I'm not the bad guy you want me to be, and I don't believe you're a bad person either....just bad at returning emails at times.
If you're serious about this, how about following your own advice and respond to my last (several unanswered) email?
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Music Sharing > Snail Mail Trading > Good & Bad Traders