The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2016-07-18, 08:08 AM
4.44 GB/0.00 KB/0.00

Sharing

Hey guys!
Forgive me for being a moron, but I'm not that pro in trading.
So, I've successfully traded bootleg to that guy one day. Later I've noticed that he posted it for downloading on his fan site or blog dedicated to that band idk.
I mean, personally I don't mind if he shares it with the world as long as he doing it for free, on the contrary I think it's great that he spreads the word about the band and shares nice music with people. But I would like know the opinion of the community and traders.
Thanks!

P.S. Thanks for this awesome website! I don't know how I lived without it before! It's now my holy grail source for news and info!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2016-07-20, 05:37 PM
87.70 GB/175.64 GB/2.00

Re: Sharing

Once your recording leaves your control and someone else has it, it's very hard to keep it from getting out. If you don't want it posted publicly, you need to specify that as part of your trade. Other than that, you have no real way of enforcing it once someone else has a copy.
Old 2016-07-22, 02:05 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

I think it's generally a good idea to ask before spreading stuff around that's not yours, especially if the taper might upload/trade it themselves
Old 2016-07-22, 05:05 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.81 TB/9.58

Nothing pisses me off more than people grabbing something and posting it elsewhere without asking first. I don't think I've ever turned down anyone who has asked...but I've certainly torn strips off assholes who haven't.
Old 2016-07-22, 05:33 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

Thumbs up Re: Sharing

What I hate more than someone propagating something on another torrent site is when they strip out your text file and convert them to eMPty3 files and put them in their monetized blogs and shit. Or, take your shows and press them as Japanese silver CD bootlegs. Or vinyl!

It might not be good form to post stuff around without letting the taper know, but I think it truly sucks when someone takes a taper's freely shared work and takes it and makes money from it... But that's a whole different thing!

Quote:
So, I've successfully traded bootleg to that guy one day. Later I've noticed that he posted it for downloading on his fan site or blog dedicated to that band idk.
What did I just read there? LOL
So I think I'm reading that you shared something new (previously uncirculated) with someone, and they put it on a site dedicated to that band that has all of their shows on it? I don't know... Who's that guy? haha... It sounds like it makes sense for that show to be posted on a fan site with all their shows (if that's what it is) but as Dennis (and others) said, it's nice to ask first. Some folks do, some don't, and some are just assholes. It's up to you to decide which one you think he is...

It happens sometimes. Either roll with it and don't worry too much about it, or become a serious hoarder who will never share anything and plan on having a big coffin you can bury yourself with your collection! hahaha! I'd just enjoy and share and try and have fun and not worry too much about the kooky ones. I enjoy the "virtual backup system" of my shows being traded out there in the wild in case I ever need to get something back I know that people have it! I think that's a good reason to share freely no matter what...

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble