The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2018-05-17, 11:50 AM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

Notes DMCA claim received

I just thought I would let everyone here know that I received a DMCA Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement notice for sharing a file I downloaded using a torrent file from The Traders Den. This was a live show and not a commercially available recording. It appears that even though The Traders Den is not considered one of the major torrent sites, you are taking a risk. The Traders Den no longer appears to be under the radar (as I thought) and is being monitored.

Last edited by finksy; 2018-05-18 at 07:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2018-05-18, 04:58 AM
Suicidal For Life
1.38 TB/14.95 TB/10.80

Re: DMCA claim received

Quote:
Originally Posted by finksy View Post
Needless to say, I will no longer be downloading or sharing any files in the future.
With a ratio like that it appears you don't do much sharing...
Originally Posted by Freezer
I heard obama was an inexperienced, terrible administrator who likely could never hack it in the private sector.
So you are like the Obama of TTD?
Old 2018-05-18, 07:02 AM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

I might have known that someone like you would come out of the woodwork with a comment like that. I guess that's what I get for trying to warn others that TTD is being monitored. I hope that you get the next DMCA notice and your isp terminates your service....lol

Last edited by finksy; 2018-05-18 at 07:11 AM.
Old 2018-05-18, 08:03 AM
47.34 GB/97.97 GB/2.07

Quote:
I might have known that someone like you would come out of the woodwork with a comment like that. I guess that's what I get for trying to warn others that TTD is being monitored. I hope that you get the next DMCA notice and your isp terminates your service....lol
Still got a point though - you've got 10 years in, & you've got a 0.10 ratio...
Old 2018-05-18, 08:19 AM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

I narced on finksy that's why the DMCA was sent
Old 2018-05-18, 08:29 AM
1.38 TB/3.24 TB/2.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar40 View Post
Still got a point though - you've got 10 years in, & you've got a 0.10 ratio...
That works out to .01 per year. He will get there in time. I bet the tunes will be awesome in 2108.
Old 2018-05-18, 12:17 PM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

People are so quick to judge. I only shared and downloaded boots for one particular artist and at one point was sharing hundreds of shows. Not my fault if no-one else downloaded. Also my isp has a poor upload speed and I am unable to leave my PC on all day and night sharing files. You may think you're fabulous here because of your astounding ratio, but you're really unimportant nobodies that hide behind a computer. If DMCA's are being issued, it could be the beginning of the end for TTD anyway. Its only a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts....
Old 2018-05-18, 12:19 PM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

Looks like I narced on this entire site by getting a DMCA! I wonder how much longer TTD will be around?
Old 2018-05-18, 12:20 PM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

They were always great! You should have got some from me!
Old 2018-05-18, 12:24 PM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

Bye!
Old 2018-05-18, 03:29 PM
Every Mothers Son
87.86 GB/81.46 GB/0.93

Quote:
I just thought I would let everyone here know that I received a DMCA Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement notice for sharing a file I downloaded using a torrent file from The Traders Den. This was a live show and not a commercially available recording. It appears that even though The Traders Den is not considered one of the major torrent sites, you are taking a risk. The Traders Den no longer appears to be under the radar (as I thought) and is being monitored.

The Traders Den and dimeadozen were both featured in Rolling Stone Magazine in an article about 'the best bootleg sites' iirc. You can't get much more above the radar than that.
I think it's been mentioned in other nationwide publications before too and that was probably 10 yrs or so ago.

The DMCA you received probably had more to do with who you shared it with than where you got it from.
Old 2018-05-18, 05:29 PM
1.31 TB/7.89 TB/6.03

I agree. This site is very well known. The moderators know what ROIO means and enforce it. More then likely you posted that on multiple sites and were very easy to track . . .
Old 2018-05-18, 06:20 PM
Fuck this
451.93 MB/0.00 KB/0.00

Quote:
Old 2018-05-18, 07:34 PM
695.91 GB/68.08 GB/0.10

The DMCA you received probably had more to do with who you shared it with than where you got it from.

I agree with you 100%. This is the only point I was trying to make. Others took the opportunity to attack me because of my ratio. I only used TTD for downloading boots, nothing else. So, it looks to me like the people that issue DMCA's are actively using this site to target those downloading/sharing. I'm not an expert on torrents and how they are shared or spread, but I'm not sure how I could have shared files outside TTD users. I was only trying to let others know what happened to me to hopefully prevent it happening to others. It's a fair bet that this info also gets passed on to organizations that go after the torrents sites to try to shut them down.
Old 2018-05-18, 07:38 PM
1.31 TB/7.89 TB/6.03

Not really. You appear to be some sort of a mole. Tone down the drama queen, and drop it. Sheesh!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions