The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2009-01-23, 01:30 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

Question Social Groups - create (GD)

There are a bunch of new features and U2Lynne has been keeping us posted in this thread... (located here)... Thank you, Lynne

I am interested in forming a new group for fans of the Grateful Dead here at TTD. Our group could be called, "The Good 'Ole Grateful Dead" (Any other suggestions are appreciated).

How does this work? Do we need to request? Can we select our own icon? Do we need to do anything special? How about choosing to go with "open" vs. moderated? It would be cool to have a venue (here at TTD) to hang out and discuss what's happening and reminisce 'bout the good ole days (plus see where it takes us). We could be a friendly home for others who enjoy a variety of jam bands, but have a primary focus on the Grateful Dead Family...

I welcome any creative input/ artwork or other thoughts to help us get started. Deadhead welcome here -

Last edited by cicada; 2009-01-23 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Edit: grammer
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-01-23, 01:51 PM
131.88 GB/356.29 GB/2.70

Re: Social Groups - create (GD)

I'd be happy to help if this moves forward. I'm pretty handy with Photoshop and graphics, etc....

BTW...this was priceless bro:
Last edited by cicada; Today at 02:32 PM. Reason: Edit: grammer
Old 2009-01-23, 02:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

*snicker* on the grammar thing.

Just click on the Community > Social Groups link. This instructions should all be in this post - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&postcount=10 I would suggest creating a Public Group. You may choose and upload your own group icon for the group. That should do it! You may then put a link to the group in your signature, or post a link in this thread.

Old 2009-01-23, 03:19 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

Cool that!

Jerm... I Would love to get yer help with some cool art for the icon. PM me when you come up with ideas. Possible names for our group.

Good Ole Grateful Dead
Deadheads Unite!
?

P.S.
Ok... grammar is the word I was searching for. Four years of University and I still struggle with proper English. Of course, all of those years are sufficiently blurred in my mind. Keep those cards and letters coming!
Old 2009-01-23, 03:24 PM
Zymocenosilicaphobic
29.67 GB/98.85 GB/3.33

Can a .gif be used for the pic?

------------------------------------
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean.
------------------------------------
Old 2009-01-23, 05:02 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep620 View Post
Can a .gif be used for the pic?
I think .gif will work fine. Feel free to PM me with your ideas! Here are the limits for this icon: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 102.4KB (whichever is smaller).

I have to drop out for tonight and most of tomorrow, so I am not ignoring you. I'll get back to you upon my return.
Old 2009-01-26, 02:34 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

Our group has now been created! Check us out here! My computer skills are pretty limited for creating artwork. But, that icon was just a way to get us to show up on the board. Hopefully, one of our members will come up with something even better.

Thanks to all for much needed help.

Old 2009-01-26, 03:02 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey cicada, I discovered that you may even invite people to your group (yes, I'm still learning also!). Go to your group and at the bottom it should say "Edit Group" and then "Pending & Invited members" and if you click on that, you may put in the usernames of users to invite.

Hope that helps!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions