The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2022-10-25, 11:52 AM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Folks waiting on seeders, be patient

For folks waiting on seeders, please be patient. Most of the downloads will eventually complete. I have like 300 torrents I can fill, but need to finish some software to connect the files first (which may take a week or 2). When working, I'll make that available to others (for free) so that they may do the same.

Also there are new seeders coming in the next few weeks to help permaseed everything here.

TTD will no longer expire torrents unless pulled or "voted" to be expired. I'm creating a new forum soon for this. Ignore the "hasn't been seeded for over 2 weeks" (that notice will be removed when I find it).

xavier242
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-10-26, 04:42 PM
71.78 TB/107.38 TB/1.50

Re: Folks waiting on seeders, be patient

"...need to finish some software to connect the files first."

You mean something like this http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=184570 ?
Old 2022-10-26, 07:38 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff
3.65 TB/8.38 TB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank carson View Post
"...need to finish some software to connect the files first."

You mean something like this http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=184570 ?
Heh. Well I'm not known for being original. That's what I'm writing. Realistically it's going to take me few months as I don't have a lot of time to work on it. It's going to take torrent files and match them up with the pre-hashed files from your music archive folder(s), then copy the data to your download folder exactly as how it appeared when you downloaded it, based on the data in the torrent file. After a period of time (user settable), it'll delete the data.

If I knew how to use github, I might put it there. I have no issue publishing the source (and will do so), but very few code in Object Pascal with Lazarus. I'm not a fan of Visual Studio (yes I know the guy who created Delphi also created C#). Plus I want this to be cross platform without too much work.

I've already filled all the requests that I can fill via the manual PITA process, but this will be quite useful for others wanting seed from their archive.

xavier242
Old 2022-10-26, 07:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post

TTD will no longer expire torrents unless pulled or "voted" to be expired. I'm creating a new forum soon for this. Ignore the "hasn't been seeded for over 2 weeks" (that notice will be removed when I find it).
I have commented out that message.

Old 2022-10-26, 08:27 PM
71.78 TB/107.38 TB/1.50

Quote:
Heh. Well I'm not known for being original. That's what I'm writing. Realistically it's going to take me few months as I don't have a lot of time to work on it. It's going to take torrent files and match them up with the pre-hashed files from your music archive folder(s), then copy the data to your download folder exactly as how it appeared when you downloaded it, based on the data in the torrent file. After a period of time (user settable), it'll delete the data.

If I knew how to use github, I might put it there. I have no issue publishing the source (and will do so), but very few code in Object Pascal with Lazarus. I'm not a fan of Visual Studio (yes I know the guy who created Delphi also created C#). Plus I want this to be cross platform without too much work.

I've already filled all the requests that I can fill via the manual PITA process, but this will be quite useful for others wanting seed from their archive.

xavier242
I apologize if my very brief response was misunderstood, i just thought i was being efficient

I wasn't deriding your efforts but rather pointing out that i've already written a tool (in cross-platform java) to do exactly what you are talking about thats usable today; unless its an academic exercise for yourself or an excuse to write code, then i can't argue with that

I've only recently shared it over on LosslessLegs and i cross-posted that info to TTD this evening in response to your efforts around seeding more torrents etc.

In your own words (emphasis added) "I've already filled all the requests that I can fill via the *manual PITA process*, but this will be quite useful for others wanting seed from their archive."
Thats why i wrote these tools for myself to do exactly what you have described and why i shared them over on LL so i wanted to socialize them here also.

If the strategy is to get more torrents seeded and the tactic is to make it easier for people to reseed (preferably via automation), then here's a tool that helps.
Old 2023-05-18, 07:43 AM
269.42 GB/1.05 TB/3.97

Quote:
TTD will no longer expire torrents unless pulled or "voted" to be expired.
So do I get this right: This is implemented and somehow proved to be a feasible configuration for the next decades of TTD

Would I receive encouragement to re-upload all of my past and meanwhile expired uploads of my own recordings? I'm asking because many are from quite fameless and unknown artists. When they were offered the first time they received often only one figure downloads by the well known data hoarders and I hardly believe they were listend to by them

I like to have a potentially public accessible archive of my recordings and using BiglyBT I can and will be a seeder for the foreseeable future for all of my uploads (and to a lesser degree for all of of my downloads).

But anyway, great to see that TTD is thriving thanks to xavier242

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble