The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-11, 05:07 PM
2.47 TB/3.17 TB/1.28

Bad Data From Tracker -

Someone please help...

I've been using this service and bit torrent in general for quite a while, but all of a sudden I am getting "Bad Data From Tracker" messages when I try to connect to a torrent on this service. I am currently unable to use this service.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help here,

JLINKON
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-11, 05:08 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Bad Data From Tracker -

We need a link to the thread that has the torrent that is causing you problems.

Old 2005-07-11, 05:16 PM
2.47 TB/3.17 TB/1.28

This is several torrents and it seems in fact...all of them at Trader's Den.

I've tried:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=9273
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=9251
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=9047

Torrents on other trackers do not have similar issues...I'm confused?

Last edited by jlinkon; 2005-07-11 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2005-07-11, 05:50 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

How long are you leaving your client open to try to connect? All of those are active torrents. Here's a list of common tracker errors and how to deal with them: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...aq_getaddrinco

(btw, have you tried restarting your client or restarting your computer?)

Old 2005-07-11, 06:20 PM
2.47 TB/3.17 TB/1.28

After a time (minutes), I have been able to connect to a torrent and down/up load, however I still get the same error message: "Bad Data From Tracker". This error message stays active and never goes away.

It is taking a very long time to connect and I believe only to a limited number of peers.

I do not understand what has changed with my settings or account. Again, I do not have the same problems at other trackers.

Thanks again for your attention to this strange problem.
Old 2005-07-11, 07:13 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, the first two that you listed only have one seed. The first one only has nine peers total. Also, if you are on all three of those, that means you have very limited upload and therefore you aren't going to be the highest priority when it comes to downloading (if they are in superseed, priority goes to those who upload/share more).

I really can't think of why you would continue to get that error though.

Old 2005-07-11, 07:27 PM
105.91 GB/171.51 GB/1.62

hi!

I am getting bad data from tracker too for this torrent:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=9251

I am currently on another torrent from the old tracker......could that be it?

I am using BitTorrent 3.3.

Thanks
Old 2005-07-11, 09:05 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

That's one of the same torrents that the OP is getting the message from. Are you downloading at all on it?

Old 2005-07-12, 05:40 PM
105.91 GB/171.51 GB/1.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
That's one of the same torrents that the OP is getting the message from. Are you downloading at all on it?
nope. I left it open all day and it still won't download anything at all....

For a brief time last night I got it to work on a different client (Azureus) before all hell broke loose on my comp and I had to remove Azureus.
Old 2005-07-14, 06:53 PM
8.35 GB/4.26 GB/0.51

I am having the same problem with these torrents. I was able to download one show, but these 4 keep giving me the bad data from tracker. I've left them open for a couple days and haven't downloaded anything.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...065#post161065
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...414#post161414
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...185#post160185
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...304#post162304
Old 2005-07-14, 09:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I heard back by PM from one of the other posters in this thread that was having the same error. He said he changed clients and everything was fine. However, he didn't say what client he changed over to. I'll send back a PM and find out.

In the meantime, it would help to know what OS and what bt client other people are using that are getting this error.

Old 2005-07-15, 11:33 AM
8.35 GB/4.26 GB/0.51

I'm using OSX 10.2.8 with Bit Torrent. I'm not sure of the version offhand. This is strange because I've had no problems with this before and I was able to download one of the other 7M3 shows without a problem. Another thing that's strange is my upload/download stats haven't changed from 0.00.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 2005-07-15, 12:04 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Did you try restarting BitTorrent? I know I've had to do that a couple of times when it acts weird (and it's always losing the 'buttons' for me!). I'm using OSX 10.3.9 with the latest BitTorrent client, 4.0.2, and it's downloading fine for me. Also, you will only get your stats to update on shows that are on the new tracker. The old tracker doesn't keep track of user stats. If you download/upload on a new show and your stats don't update, hit the Contact Us button on the bottom, supply a link to the show and what you think your stats should be and we can adjust them.

Old 2005-07-15, 03:06 PM
Now he's just a bag of garbage
349.24 GB/860.90 GB/2.47

i also was suddenly not able to download any material (either off this board, or from DimeADozen) due to the Bad Data From Tracker error. i have used bittorrent for years with no problems. Have used Shad0w's Experimental Client S-5.8.7 from day one with absolutely no problems until this sudden and recent situation.

The torrent i was trying to download from this board that i was having problems with was:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=9389

i know they did something with the Dime tracker (something about a private=1 flag - i have no idea). Erwe said he had fixed things so that it should work with the S-5.8.7 client, but it would not for me.

i upgraded to BitTornado T-0.3.12 and things seem to be working fine now--both here and at Dime.

So anyway, that's just like my experience. Man.

----------Nothing is Real!
Old 2005-07-15, 04:24 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thanks for the info, Chris. I'm glad you posted back here about what happened with you and that you found a solution. Hopefully that will help someone else.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble