The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble > Lossy or Lossless?

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Lossy or Lossless? Please use this forum to post spectral and frequency analysis posts about shows you have your doubts about.

Old 2005-08-13, 06:55 AM
6.14 GB/11.45 GB/1.86

Re: whoweeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Homebrew
Interesting how examples 1, 3, and 5 look all the same - blackness over 11kHz. Maybe this means "tweaked by the same guy with the same methods"?

As with so much Who material doing the rounds, doesn't seem like worthwhile stuff to circulate.

actually they are worth having. and if you had read the posts they were all done by the same guy. and what do you mean so much who material making the rounds?

These are being put up by request of those who would like to check them out. I am not going to stop circulating them because you do not feel it is worth it. you have a choice. do not download.

and if there is so much who material doing the rounds as you say, maybe you can put your money where your mouth is and seed some upgrades? or you have better sounding stuff.......?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-08-13, 10:27 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterrose35
and if there is so much who material doing the rounds as you say, maybe you can put your money where your mouth is and seed some upgrades? or you have better sounding stuff.......?
I have some better sounding stuff, but I'm "torrent-challenged"......

I hope it's OK to have someone seed it for me. With lineage, too......

We started with some John Entwistle rough mixes and outtakes from "Too Late The Hero" and the mix-down reel was marked 7/16/79.

Try this link.......

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=10682
Old 2005-08-14, 08:40 AM
6.14 GB/11.45 GB/1.86

WW07 is up.........you will find the the FA is similar to 1,3, and 5......THIS DID GO THROUGH THE CEP TREATMENT

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...665#comm606665

WW07 = The Who
Venue: Miami Baseball Stadium; Miami, FL.
Date: 8-9-76
Source: audience/2nd gen.analog>cdr and remastered
Quality: VG-/VG
Media: 1 cdr SHN. that folds out to 2 cdr audio
Remastered by: John Atyim
Artwork by: "Slipkid"

WW07 - The Who at Miami Baseball Stadium; Miami, Florida

This recording here I have taken a likng to, and I'm sure you will to.
Not a very famous show and or common show on most Who collector's lists. With the on and off problems th band was sustaining during the '75 & 76 tour, Performance wise, this show kicks a solid amount of ass for it's time.

Here's are some notes about this recording.
On disc 2:
Track 2 "My Generation", due to tape deteriation, there is a cut
at about 40 seconds into the song.

Enjoy !

John

Disc 1:

01. I can't explain
02. substitute
03. my wife
04. baba o' riley
05. squeeze box
06. behind blue eyes
07. dreaming from the waist
08. magic bus
09. amazing journey
10. sparks
11. the acid queen
12. fiddle about
13. pinball wizard
14. i'm free
15. tommy's holiday camp
16. we're not gonna take it
17. see me feel me

Disc 2:

01. Summertime blues
02. My generation
03. join toghether blues
04. my generation blues
05. won't get fooled again

Last edited by hunterrose35; 2005-08-14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 2005-08-14, 08:42 AM
6.14 GB/11.45 GB/1.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
I have some better sounding stuff, but I'm "torrent-challenged"......

I hope it's OK to have someone seed it for me. With lineage, too......

We started with some John Entwistle rough mixes and outtakes from "Too Late The Hero" and the mix-down reel was marked 7/16/79.

Try this link.......

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=10682
this is a cool seed..........however I see no upgrades to any of the WHOWEEDS sets I have placed up so far...........all I am saying is if there are upgrades to these around........make them available........as for DIFFERENT SETS , more who is always welcome!!
Old 2005-08-14, 03:39 PM
New Homebrew
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
actually they are worth having. and if you had read the posts they were all done by the same guy. and what do you mean so much who material making the rounds?

These are being put up by request of those who would like to check them out. I am not going to stop circulating them because you do not feel it is worth it. you have a choice. do not download.

What I mean is that generally speaking, and compared to other bands, those collecting The Who are careless regarding quality. Documented quality sources are out there, but It's easier to download a bootleg cd than find traders and tapers. The readily-available download/weed type material is substandard, and has proliferated widely, making that task even harder.

I don't care for the Who Weeds series. For example, the Miami 1976 show you mention, unaltered 1st gen transfers are available. Lower gen is also available for Volume 1 of the series. I'm sure people will still download them and enjoy them, but I wouldn't hold them up as final statements on a particular recording.
Old 2005-08-14, 05:20 PM
6.14 GB/11.45 GB/1.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Homebrew
What I mean is that generally speaking, and compared to other bands, those collecting The Who are careless regarding quality. Documented quality sources are out there, but It's easier to download a bootleg cd than find traders and tapers. The readily-available download/weed type material is substandard, and has proliferated widely, making that task even harder.

I don't care for the Who Weeds series. For example, the Miami 1976 show you mention, unaltered 1st gen transfers are available. Lower gen is also available for Volume 1 of the series. I'm sure people will still download them and enjoy them, but I wouldn't hold them up as final statements on a particular recording.
and as I said I can agree with the first paragraph whole heartedly.........as for the second paragraph , if you have first gen version of these then share them. these were done in 2003........if you have an uprgraded version set a new standard for the Who trading community, put your money where your mouth is...........otherwise.............I never said these were final statements on anything...........I said I had these and would put them up as there was a request for them............IF THERE ARE UPGRADES TO THESE PUT THEM OUT.
Old 2005-08-16, 01:40 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
I said I had these and would put them up as there was a request for them............IF THERE ARE UPGRADES TO THESE PUT THEM OUT.
Hunter...

Is that a request or a demand?

I was at that 1989 Los Angeles Coliseum show (I might even have a very low gen of it), and at a few other Who shows with my trusty little recorder.

However, you might get better results if you asked politely.

And just who is this "John Atyim" when he's home, anyway? His message to you seems almost as rude as I could be, if I try.
Old 2005-08-17, 04:06 AM
lsmf
11.44 GB/10.00 GB/0.87

Just for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: png ww7b.png
( 368.3 KB, 196 views)

Old 2005-08-17, 07:20 PM
6.14 GB/11.45 GB/1.86

Quote:
Hunter...

I was at that 1989 Los Angeles Coliseum show (I might even have a very low gen of it), and at a few other Who shows with my trusty little recorder.

And just who is this "John Atyim" when he's home, anyway? His message to you seems almost as rude as I could be, if I try.
First of all John can be Gruff, and I have know him for years.........you will not meet a more generous person, to those of us who do know him , that is his way of busting chops........but he has a low bullshit tolerance. that being said........

yes it is a demand...........there are those who can complain and say these are a waste of bandwidth, but then do not step up with anything of their own or in better quality. same concept of "if you do not vote you cannot bitch". if there are upgrades out there, which according to some responses I have gotten in the Dime Comments section as well as here, then let's see them.........I am all for an upgrade..........but if you are not gonna step up then shut up.............I have seeded dozens of shows, as well as moderate a snail mail group. Freezer you did put up a cool John Entwistle set. Thank you.......as for everyone else........where are these proliferation of who shows? where are these upgrades...................? I have seen nothing. no upgrades of any of the whoweeds sets. and I believe maybe 3-4 torrents total so far between DIME and TDD featuring the who since I started. I feel I can make the demand. I have taken the time , the bandwidth, and the resources to make these shows avaiable BY REQUEST. if some one is gonna tell me they have better versions, THEN POST THEM FOR EVERYONE OR STFU. enough said.

Freezer thank you for torrenting some cool stuff . I look forward to more of it. WW08 is up.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...p.php&id=55616

WW08 = The Who
Venue: The Kingdome; Seattle, WA.
Date: 10-20-82
Source: soundboard/FM ? SBD>1st gen.analog>SHN
Quality: EX/EX-
Media: 2 cdr SHN. that folds out to 2 cdr audio
Remastered by: John Atyim
Artwork by: Dan "The Pen Ball Wizard"

Disc 1:

01. My Generation
02. I Can't Explain
03. Dangerous
04. Sister Disco
05. The Quiet One
06. It's Hard
07. Eminence Front
08. Behind BLue Eyes
09. Baba O'Riley
10. I Can See For Miles
11. Drowned
12. A Man Is A Man

Disc 2:

01. Cry If You Want
02. Who Are You
03. Pinball Wizard
04. See Me Feel Me
05. 5:15
06. Love Reign O'er Me
07. Long Live Rock
08. Won't Get Fooled Again
09. Magic Bus
10. Summertime Blues
11. Twist And Shout
Old 2005-08-22, 09:20 AM
4leafclover
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Hunter...

Polite request: a verified gen copy of LZ 022875. Excellent recording!
Worth a shot??
Old 2005-08-22, 06:23 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leafclover
Polite request: a verified gen copy of LZ 022875. Excellent recording!
Worth a shot??
You want that as a 10th gen analog>mp3?

I can't wait to see that analyzed and discussed here.

The sky is falling...The sky is falling....
Old 2005-08-24, 06:32 AM
4leafclover
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
You want that as a 10th gen analog>mp3?

I can't wait to see that analyzed and discussed here.

The sky is falling...The sky is falling....

...was thinking of something a little closer to the master copy, before the mp3
compression

Seriously though, can't say I blame ya for wantin' to keep it on ice.
Freeze!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble > Lossy or Lossless?