The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-02-22, 03:06 PM
743.48 GB/670.21 GB/0.90

Gap between songs

Hello.

Brand new to this stuff and I am converting flac files to wav for burning using wmp. Is there any way to get rid of the gap between songs. It is irritating. Thanks for any help you may can provide.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-02-22, 03:08 PM
520.32 GB/630.74 GB/1.21

Re: Gap between songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
Hello.

Brand new to this stuff and I am converting flac files to wav for burning using wmp. Is there any way to get rid of the gap between songs. It is irritating. Thanks for any help you may can provide.
What is wmp stand for - windows media burner?

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Old 2007-02-22, 03:11 PM
520.32 GB/630.74 GB/1.21

Re: Gap between songs

How can I burn a crossfaded CD?

When crossfading is turned on in Windows Media Player, the end of one song gradually overlaps the beginning of the next song. This results in a smooth transition between songs. Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply crossfading to tracks as they are burned in the Player. If you are using Windows Media Player 9 Series, you can install the Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in to add this capability. A version of this plug-in for Windows Media Player 10 is not available yet, so if you are using Windows Media Player 10, you will need to use another CD-burning software program that eliminates the gaps while burning tracks.

If you are using Windows Media Player for Windows XP or later, you can apply crossfading to Windows Media Audio (WMA) and MP3 files that are playing and record the audio output to a single variable-bit-rate WMA file in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker. You can then burn the WMA file that contains the crossfaded tracks to an audio CD or a data CD.

To turn on crossfading in the Player, see the question "How do I crossfade between songs?" in the Media Advice archive.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble