The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2020-03-22, 05:01 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Five's Guide to Using TTD During the Apocalypse

many of us will not survive this.

please mirror all **not for trade** shows using reliable trader(s).

please mirror all work-in-progress data reliably in the same way.

please consider un-horading one-of-a-kind shows.

to all tapers of current 'illegal house party' shows: please keep yourselves alive & sit on the tapes a little while longer. while I admire your stance of 'give me live music or give me death' ttd cannot condone it and will not encourage it.

for those with privs, I can be found in the ttd panic room and will go down with the ship. others, please post reseed requests here and take care of each other, I already have plans for what I am seeding next.

for those who don't understand a word of this; its not meant for you. share something as rare and important as you can. all you people keep yourselves alive. thank you.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2020-03-23, 02:09 PM
you aint taped shit
20.75 GB/9.71 GB/0.47

Re: Five's Guide to Using TTD During the Apocalypse

sounds like a handful of gimme
Old 2020-03-23, 02:37 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Live from the end of the world like a bad b-movie that's real ...

non-essential Canadian services closing down on wednesday

list of what is considered essential coming tomorrow.

we cannot rely on the post we are still connected electronically. share your best shows if you want to share them, the music you want to live forever. if you want to hoard get a 'hoarding buddy' or two so that future generations can continue to hold this unavailable gem out in front of other's noses.

news of the world is .. getting worse.

we are sincerely flattered by all the ppl who spend time here because it brings joy to their lives in some way or another. its the end of the world and you choose to spend your time at ttd, wow, thanks ! we broke our backs to build this in just a couple months while you young ones lay on the leg of the previous generation

let's enjoy the greatest rarest music and dream about the days of being one with the roaring crowd, the days of getting home after taping a show and it sounds better than you thought it would.

I am currently digging my collection I know I've got a couple uncirculated shows here, somewhere and I never meant to hoard them and trapped at home I find I have time for this.

take care of yourselves

-Jamie

Quote:
Old 2020-03-23, 05:13 PM
Damned
153.35 GB/1.22 TB/8.16

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
I'd gladly get some stuff you're smoking.

Old 2020-03-24, 01:34 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

its called 'afghan kush'

world toilet paper crisis, and the entire world wants to buy bidet at once. prices skyrocketing.

china is lifting their quarantine today

pretty much everything in canada is determined to be an essential service
they closed chitchat.ca tho this is the replacement service for Canada Post that works right.

live music pronounced dead for the foreseeable future
tapers turn to recording bird songs as the last source of current live music.

Tradersden staff, Justin Trudeau, Canadian Parliament and displaced ctree.org members weigh in on the possibility of a live concert, like SARSstock:
not possible at this time!

blue collar workers stand tall
in social groups, a human normally retains about 200 contacts they know by name, the first 50 or so has only one degree of separation. people outside this zone are instinctually more like things: the thing that takes my money at the store, thing that takes the garbage, thing that brings the mail you know what I mean.

people who are not being sent home because they are essential or otherwise unable to make a different choice are out there on the front lines, keeping us all comfortable handling money all day, getting closer than six feet all the time. when I get change back I handle it like its crawling with disease and try not to get too close to these 'high contact' people.

the guy who picked up my garbage today he's like honey badger he just don't care. he knows how to handle dangerous material all day long, he knows not to touch his face for many years. he's full of muscles and fearless.

if you have questions, you might find yourself wanting to ask a person like this for advice! these people get the ttd medal of honor if there was such a thing.

be well

-Jamie

Quote:
Old 2020-03-24, 11:14 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool
615.69 GB/3.17 TB/5.27

birdsongs - i did buy a pre-amp i've barely used. and with no airplanes anymore due the apocalypse, they're be nothing to blow the recording. brilliant.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Old 2020-03-25, 06:16 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

I guess solo acts will save the day. point a camera at yourself and broadcast for free on youtube. bands only if its a small band and camera crew counts as people.

next superbowl will everybody be spaced six feet apart, with added expense for extra security? a scalpers' paradise is on the horizon.

right now is like a limbo, eye of the storm. we will be isolating for some time.

good news is one location of chitchat.ca is still open

Quote:
Old 2020-03-26, 10:33 AM
Damned
153.35 GB/1.22 TB/8.16

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Next superbowl will go behind closed doors (TV only), and competing teams members will have their gear slightly updated - as they already have somehow serious stuff on them, wouldn't be hard to go towards space suits.
Old 2020-03-27, 01:22 PM
An original TTD shithead
0.00 KB/9.66 GB/Inf.

Jamie, this is really a good thread, finally something on the topic, you don't hear anything else about it.
But you're right, let's overload the network, let's upload EVERYTHING we've been uploading, uninterrupted, from morning to night, as long as there is power. Oh, no, it comes out of the socket, no problem.
I'm hoarding more and more old tube technology, is better than the fucking transistors at an EMP ().

Take care, folks, be well!

Old 2020-03-27, 11:00 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

business is taking a hit .. this will go on for months. I can't see a good future for brick and mortar stores already struggling. there's going to be a lot a lot of empty storefronts soon.

my wife reads this more than me and said that in asia they have better ways of dealing with it, ways that donald and justin don't seem to want to know about. she said if we stay in for it to work has to be six months, and still could easily fail. in asia they are testing people for fever at the clubs and letting everybody out of their houses. its working out better than the states.

I'm looking on my old computer, what is on these drives, anyways? not such a bad time for nostalgia, its pretty fun to boot up winxp from over ten years ago and see my wallpaper and programs there like it was yesterday. I found a txt file associated with one of the shows I'm looking for, getting closer..

yeah, I've got a great taping rig and was planning on getting out more this year ..

at least we have this hobby of music, living ten lives is not enough to hear all the great recordings and being trapped indoors is a little easier for us.

Quote:
Old 2020-03-28, 07:55 PM
642.27 GB/2.72 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post
business is taking a hit .. this will go on for months. I can't see a good future for brick and mortar stores already struggling. there's going to be a lot a lot of empty storefronts soon.
Maybe we can turn some of them into music venues
Old 2020-03-28, 10:44 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.81 TB/9.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifH12345 View Post
Maybe we can turn some of them into music venues
I hope we don't lose any venues, already so many are gone.
Old 2020-03-30, 03:30 PM
An original TTD shithead
0.00 KB/9.66 GB/Inf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five View Post

my wife reads this more than me and said that in asia they have better ways of dealing with it, ways that donald and justin don't seem to want to know about. she said if we stay in for it to work has to be six months, and still could easily fail. in asia they are testing people for fever at the clubs and letting everybody out of their houses. its working out better than the states.

I'm looking on my old computer, what is on these drives, anyways? not such a bad time for nostalgia, its pretty fun to boot up winxp from over ten years ago and see my wallpaper and programs there like it was yesterday. I found a txt file associated with one of the shows I'm looking for, getting closer..

yeah, I've got a great taping rig and was planning on getting out more this year ..

at least we have this hobby of music, living ten lives is not enough to hear all the great recordings and being trapped indoors is a little easier for us.
This is a real problem, especially for old bags like me; will there be 10 years left?
Old 2020-03-30, 03:40 PM
An original TTD shithead
0.00 KB/9.66 GB/Inf.

But what good are archives when humanity is actually going down the drain. Even if something remains, who is going to hear that? Machines? Like in West World?!

I probably have black light bulbs too, they don't help against the virus.
Old 2020-04-01, 04:50 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Sam, it is like a late mid-life crisis!

what is on this old hd? wow I didn't know I had that in my basement. what is on this win98 computer I keep on a shelf, without electricity for over a decade. can it still operate? does it have my lost shows from yesteryear? how ridiculous is my collection of nostalgic electronics and will they ever get powered-up again?

today at the toronto supermarket ..
flour - limit one per person.
yeast - out of stock for two weeks!
udon noodles are out - but I think that was just random!
beer - shelves are nearly bare! dab the real dortmunder out of stock
toilet paper - back in stock!
militant staff direct people to distance effectively! like the army or something! staff in masks and gloves, like a video game situation or something..

world welfare state in effect! scammers will get caught later.

justin trudeau - has a three-part plan!
solve the toilet paper crisis - solve the beer crisis - solve the world heath crisis.

Five installs every old software to remember the good old days before everything was shit! lol

as far as a global crises go, its pretty alright *cracks a beer*

Quote:

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
bagged milk, booze, cabin fever, canadians, day of reckoning, his igloo is melting, leftover pizza, no hockey