The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-03-16, 12:19 AM
29.22 GB/18.42 GB/0.63

Arrow capturing video from hdtv box

I am trying to capture the picture on an HDTV from the HDTV cable box. I've been able to set it up to capture it on VHS, but the quality of the VHS turns out really shitty, video picture is about 70/100 and sound is really airy, it's watchable, but not up to standard being taped from TV. I do not know how to fix that, if it's fixable, but will take suggestions. Is there a way to capture on DVD? If so, can someone explain and/or link me to what I'd need to capture? If it's fixable someway on the VCR, would be great. I have a friend who can convert to DVD. When I change the input on the TV from HDTV 1 to Video 1, where I tape from, the sound can go up to 63 (the highest it can go) and on HDTV 1 the sound would have to be 23-25 to compare. I am in Canada and have Rogers HDTV cable, if that helps.

A TV Tuner is out of the question, especially since it will only capture basic cable.

I am unable to attend concerts due to a medical condition, but would enjoy being able to give something back to the community, so this is my effort. Hopefully someone can help me. I'm out of the loop on this.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-03-16, 05:14 PM
87.70 GB/175.64 GB/2.00

Re: capturing video from hdtv box

Can you tell us the make and model of your cable box, and does your computer have a firewire port?
Old 2009-03-17, 01:06 AM
29.22 GB/18.42 GB/0.63

Re: capturing video from hdtv box

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjsb125 View Post
Can you tell us the make and model of your cable box, and does your computer have a firewire port?
Thanks for the reply.

The make is - Explorer 4250 HD

(http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/su...ml#~userguides).

and unfortunately I do not have a firewire port.

I see it says something in that link about a IR Blaster Cable. I don't know what that is or where to get the correct one and where to plug it in if I need one.

Quote:
Integrated VCR Commander Service
Automates the recording of selected video programs on your VCR; requires IR Blaster Cable

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble