The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-07-03, 06:42 PM
GDankie
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Arrow mpeg2 to dvd

so first i ihad these flv. files and i wanted to burn them to a dvd, but it wouldnt work. so then i learned that i had to convert them to mpg or avi, so after looking for many hours online i finally found a good converter program that didnt leave watermark and kept good quality.
so after i converted them i dragged them to wind. movie maker,but that didnt work becus i guess they are mpeg2 files and they wont burn to dvd.
later, i learned that they have to be converted to avi to keep their quality and be usable files.so i converted a mpeg2 file into avi, and the 177mb file turned into a multipleGB file.

so wat i want to know is if there is any progam that burns mpg2 to dvds without converting, or authoring files, or anything...... if anyone knows anything please help, because ive been trying to burn this stuff for dayz, and its really gettting annoying

thank you
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-07-03, 09:29 PM
296.79 GB/95.16 GB/0.32

Re: mpeg2 to dvd

First off you want to keep the steps to a minimum. Converting from one format to another then back to another is going to ruin whatever quality there is in the first place because the video is getting re-compressed each time.. You're trying something new to you so I'm not getting on to you, just informing. FLV is already a highly compressed format. The simplest solution for you would be to get VSO ConvertXToDVD. This program will take just about any video format and convert it directly to a playable DVD. It can even make some basic menus and chapters. Import the files, check a few options, and click convert. When it's done you'll have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder will be empty. It was used a long time ago but not anymore. Most programs still leave it on there just in case a DVD player gets picky and wants to see that the folder actually exists, even if it's not used. The VIDEO_TS folder contains your actual DVD. Use ImgBurn in "Build Mode" to burn it to disc. If you have any specific questions about the programs you can PM me.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:44 AM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Wot 'e said^^

FLV > Mpeg 2 > Avi > back to mpeg2

Suggestion....see that bin in the corner of your desktop..

K_K
Old 2008-07-07, 01:56 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdankie View Post
so first i ihad these flv. files and i wanted to burn them to a dvd, but it wouldnt work. so then i learned that i had to convert them to mpg or avi, so after looking for many hours online i finally found a good converter program that didnt leave watermark and kept good quality.
so after i converted them i dragged them to wind. movie maker,but that didnt work becus i guess they are mpeg2 files and they wont burn to dvd.
later, i learned that they have to be converted to avi to keep their quality and be usable files.so i converted a mpeg2 file into avi, and the 177mb file turned into a multipleGB file.

so wat i want to know is if there is any progam that burns mpg2 to dvds without converting, or authoring files, or anything...... if anyone knows anything please help, because ive been trying to burn this stuff for dayz, and its really gettting annoying

thank you

I always use Aimersoft DVD Creator, it can easily convert all popular video formats (AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, DAT, MOV, FLV, etc) to DVD and burn DVD movie played on portable and home DVD players, that's very good, you can check it out for free
Old 2008-07-07, 02:50 AM
Lockout here
561.93 GB/871.08 GB/1.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by windbell View Post
There are many better freeware converters, and authoring tools. Check www.videohelp.com/tools
Old 2008-08-19, 02:54 PM
GDankie
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

thanks you guys
Old 2013-02-21, 11:41 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I have used Appgeeker dvd creator to convert various video files into something a DVD player can read.
Source here: http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/burn-mts-to-dvd.html

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble