The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2020-09-01, 07:56 AM
Fart Alien
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Uninstalling Microsoft Edge

I don't want it, I don't like it, I don't want to be constantly forced to update it!

There is only one problem, this fucking Microsoft doesn't want me to uninstall it!

This method of uninstalling is crap, because MS still reinstalls on a pending update, nevertheless it should be mentioned:

Step 1:

Open Windows Explorer and change to the directory where Edge was installed. On our test computer here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\83.0.478.61

Step 2:

Change here to the subdirectory "Installer", where the setup.exe is located. Now click on the menu item "File" (top left) in the Explorer and select "Open Windows PowerShell as administrator".

Step 3:

In the Windows PowerShell (in admin mode) enter the following command:

.\setup.exe --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall

Tip to avoid mistakes: Just copy the command line above to the intermediate line by pressing Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V in PowerShell

Step 4:

Edge (Chromium) is now immediately completely uninstalled from the system. Under certain circumstances, a message from the User Account Control (UAC) will appear, which you simply confirm.

Here's a tip.
Windows 10 installs several apps and programs automatically, including the Microsoft Edge browser. There is no uninstall option for these apps. Because they are so deeply integrated into the system, uninstalling them involves many risks. We therefore advise you against any system intervention. However, in this manual we offer you risk-free variants to get rid of the browser.

1. set another browser as default browser
2. if you rename the folder for the Browser Edge, the system won't find it anymore It is still in the system, but cannot be started anymore.

But beware: renaming a program folder can cause unpredictable problems. For example, the next time a function update is performed, Edge may reappear or even the update may fail immediately. Changing the default browser is usually enough and with this procedure you are on the safe side in any case.
> Open the Windows Explorer with the key combination [Windows] + [E] and navigate to the folder "C:/Windows/SystemApps
> The folder for Microsoft Edge is called "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe". Select it and press [F2] to rename it. You need admin rights to do this.
> To undo this process, simply rename the folder "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" again. After a restart you can use Edge again.

There is another method, supposedly with the correct uninstallation of Edge, but I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know yet. But I'm skeptical, because MS wants Edge to be on our devices and is able to install it again.

For other tips or advice I am grateful.

Old 2020-09-03, 02:19 PM
Champion of the Silent
TTD VIP
727.47 GB/6.80 TB/9.57

Re: Uninstalling Microsoft Edge

Or just put up with the 2 seconds it takes to close the Edge browser when is self-opens.
Old 2020-10-30, 09:56 AM
Fart Alien
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Today it was time again, despite all measures the MS Edge showed up on my desktop. Why? I don't want it, had the known measures implemented and again I suffer a "forced update"?
Damn, I am totally pissed off.
I need a lawyer!
Old 2020-10-31, 02:14 AM
Every Mothers Son
87.86 GB/81.46 GB/0.93

i just left it, unpinned it from the taskbar, did not set as default and it doesn't do anything, never bothers me
Old 2020-10-31, 08:01 PM
in your dreams
835.66 MB/54.29 MB/0.06

get a job, kid.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2020-11-03, 11:09 AM
ЧИСТОЕ НЕБО ПЛАНЕТЫ ЗЕМЛЯ
690.76 GB/1.96 TB/2.91

Win 7 is really Win!
Old 2020-11-24, 07:33 AM
Fart Alien
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Microsoft Edge: Browser update drives Windows users crazy
Microsoft is expanding the Edge browser service nationwide. But for many Windows users, this does not work properly - the auto update drives some people to rage.
Update from September 17th, 15.51 pm: The new Windows 10* update causes many annoyed faces. Especially the speed of the new version is criticized. In addition, users are upset about the imposed Internet browser Windows Edge.
But Microsoft itself offers the possibility to block auto updates to the new browser Edge. According to the US company, the Microsoft Edge Chromium Blocker Toolkit is actually intended for companies, but is apparently also available to private users.

One thing is certain, a forced update violates the law. That's why there is now this toolkit.
Old 2020-11-27, 06:38 PM
8.99 GB/17.83 GB/1.98

Imagine using Windows - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2020-12-02, 11:07 PM
On the outside looking in
79.07 GB/117.24 GB/1.48

I use windows 7 and do not have an issue with the edge. I searched for zooropa on vinyl and could not find it along with my url.

Hope this helps.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble