The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-06-29, 06:42 PM
foreveragain
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

BitTorrent for OSX - reopening a seed

How do you reopen a seed with BitTorrent for OSX? (Seeding in BitTorrent other than keeping a seed open after you've downloaded it) Whenever I try to open it, it tries to download the file all over again. I want to reseed a complete torrent I have. Is this kind of function just not supported with this program? Do I need to find a different program for OSX in order to seed or upload? I can create torrents and do everything necessary but make the seed available for people to connect to with the torrent file.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-06-29, 07:59 PM
Happy little trees
TTD VIP
659.93 GB/7.41 TB/11.50

Re: BitTorrent for OSX - reopening a seed

I would highly recommend getting Azureus. It's by far the best client for Macs. Go to file -> open -> torrent file. It will then ask you where to save it. Select the folder that your completed download is in. It should start up bt first checking the file and then it will start seeding.

This client is sooooo customizable. I would encourage you to go to Azureus -> preferences. Just take a look through and experiment. If you don't know what something is, it's probably not a good idea to change it. But you can do a ton of stuff with it. My favorites are the queue feature, and the ability to set the golbal upload and download rate, as well as the individual upolad and download rates for each torrent.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-06-30, 02:00 AM
foreveragain
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

ok, cool. thanks a lot for the tips, that should totally help me out.
Old 2005-06-30, 03:29 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When you go to seed a show in BT for OSX (and just about any client) it will ask you 'where to put the show'. All you do is point to your complete show and it will check the files to see how much is 'complete' and then when it sees you have 100% complete, it will go into seeding mode. If this is your first time to do this, you may want to make a copy of the show and put it somewhere else on your computer in case something goes wrong (or just to make you feel more comfortable).

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble