The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-02-20, 01:15 AM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Azureus Problems...Help!

Iam currently using Azureus as my BT Client. It used to work fine and I got perfectly normal download speeds and my faces were always green. Now for some reason whenever I open a torrent file the face stays red, and nothing downloads or uploads..can someone help? I have already fowarded the ports and everything.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-02-20, 06:27 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

Re: Azureus Problems...Help!

What shows are you trying to get? Are you trying to download them from here or Dimeadozen? If Dime...dime is down right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-02-20, 05:07 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

I have tried numerous sites and trackers. Currently Iam downloading from here and from bt.etree.org. Still, I am not able to upload or download on Azureus. BitTornado is working fine for me, but Azureus isn't doing anything.
Old 2006-02-20, 05:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Do you have the correct port numbers entered in Azureus? Do you have it set to use just one IP for all torrents?

edit: are you getting an error message in Azureus? Have you ever been able to download using Azureus or is this a new thing that is happening?

Old 2006-02-20, 05:42 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Do you have the correct port numbers entered in Azureus? Do you have it set to use just one IP for all torrents?

edit: are you getting an error message in Azureus? Have you ever been able to download using Azureus or is this a new thing that is happening?
I used to be able to download in Azureus perfectly fine. Yes, I foward the port I'm using for Azureus which is 49250. So, I have no clue why this is happening. The port is fowarded. The only error message Iam getting is when I do the NAT Test. It says

Unable to test...Invalid port given, or test service failed. Another Application May be using this port.
Old 2006-02-20, 06:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Are you running the test when you have your other bittorrent client open? Did you put the same port numbers into it also (I use different ones for my two bt clients).

Also, about two versions ago, they said you needed to upgrade your java also in order to use future versions. Did you upgrade our java at that point?

Old 2006-02-20, 06:12 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Quote:
Are you running the test when you have your other bittorrent client open? Did you put the same port numbers into it also (I use different ones for my two bt clients).

Also, about two versions ago, they said you needed to upgrade your java also in order to use future versions. Did you upgrade our java at that point?
Well, I have ran the test while the other client is off...same result. Both clients are using different ports. However, Iam not sure I have upgraded my Java..Can you point me in the right direction to do that?
Old 2006-02-20, 06:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Here is Azureus's page at sourceforge: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ It has a link to the latest JRE on that page. I'm not sure how you would see which version you are currently running. On a Mac, you would open the terminal and type 'java -version' and it will tell you. I would think it would be something similar on a PC.

Old 2006-02-20, 06:32 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Quote:
Here is Azureus's page at sourceforge: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ It has a link to the latest JRE on that page. I'm not sure how you would see which version you are currently running. On a Mac, you would open the terminal and type 'java -version' and it will tell you. I would think it would be something similar on a PC.
I just installed the latest version of Java (1.5) and still the same problem. Any other ideas?
Old 2006-02-20, 06:44 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

When you add a torrent to Azureus and you tell it to start, what is the error you get then? And are all the smilie faces staying blue? Or yellow? Will the torrent absolutely not start at all or just give you an error after you start it?

Old 2006-02-20, 06:47 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Quote:
When you add a torrent to Azureus and you tell it to start, what is the error you get then? And are all the smilie faces staying blue? Or yellow? Will the torrent absolutely not start at all or just give you an error after you start it?
Well, there is no error message when I start up a torrent. What happens is that the smilie face stays red and the download speed stays at 0kb/s all the time on every torrent.
Old 2006-02-20, 07:17 PM
C. Crows Seeder / Mp3 Hunter
6.50 GB/3.99 GB/0.61

Hi greykitkat36,

I am looking reading your problem and nobody asked you if it could be coming from your ISP... Also what you can try is either download another client and see if the same things happens. Do you have the latest AZ version installed?

Let us know more and i am sure we can solve this problem together!

Simon
Old 2006-02-20, 07:18 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Hi greykitkat36,

I am looking reading your problem and nobody asked you if it could be coming from your ISP... Also what you can try is either download another client and see if the same things happens. Do you have the latest AZ version installed?

Let us know more and i am sure we can solve this problem together!

Simon
Thanks. Yes, I have the latest version of AZ installed. I am able to use BitTornado normally so thats not the problem. Torrents just won't download or upload in Azureus only.
Old 2006-02-20, 07:26 PM
C. Crows Seeder / Mp3 Hunter
6.50 GB/3.99 GB/0.61

Okay so.... Did you try to uninstall AZ (uninstall everything even from cache) and re-install it again? I think you have a conflict somewere or something like that. Try unistalling it and install it back again but make sure you do this step.

First, shut down Azureus with File->Exit, then find your config files:
Windows: Click Start -> Run and enter %appdata%\Azureus\ Delete everything from there and after do an uninstall.

Let us know

Simon
Old 2006-02-20, 07:40 PM
74.26 GB/85.38 GB/1.15

I resinstalled Azureus and followed your steps and still the same problem.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble