The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-08-31, 10:42 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Re: Name & Shame Uberleechers Thread

Deadmarsh,

I didn't point you out as a person who was contaminating the trading pool and if you are fixing track titles I don't see anything wrong with actual honest corrections when it comes to mislabeled song titles or info. Just make sure when you post it you "give" credit where it is due and make a note of the corrections so people know you weren't doing anything malicious and things should be fine.

We all seem to be "the know everything people" you so kindly speak of at one time or another but you are discussing behaviours & ettiquette that have fairly simple origins and fixes.....I myself have been wrong as you and most everyone else who is actually "human" enough to admit it so your soapbox stand on that isn't gonna hold any water with my observations in this discussion. Cause & Effect are never "singular" components, they are symbiotic in nature and relate like water & ice. The problem lies in people not being able to agree that differences actually exist [which doesn't make any one person bad] and how to fix them amicably for all parties. Common ground needs to be found that serve the whole, not the one.

Don't blame "you TTD people" about the ratio thing, I made my own comment, so pick me out but don't generalize just to be snide. How anyone chooses to use their bandwidth is really up to them but in ANY trading community that shares for free, sharing back what you got for free is a basic fundementally accepted courtesy.....low bandwidth is NO excuse for poor sharing as I am sure you would agree, regardless of vines, loops, & b&p's which are stand alone bonuses to these communities, on-line community membership works better when ALL of it's members are sharing equally to make BT work as it should. If you don't want to play nice, don't, freewill is a choice too but in places where there are expectations that you decide you don't need to meet don't point people out for calling you out on it, you ask for it when you admit publicly you choose not to do so.

Old 2006-08-31, 11:10 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Here is an example of a good community problem solved through common grounds serving the whole:

In January of this year a Robert Palmer "Band In Boston" radio promo live vinyl by Warner Bros. was put up on DIME only to be banned. There were alot of Palmer fans who were disappointed that this show would not be snatched by us.....TheCommish, who is a member here as well, sent a CD via mail to a few of us who he KNEW would appreciate it. It was a vinyl archive shared with him by FREE_Forever. As I listened to it finally for the first time I realised that there was no logical and legal reason for the ban. I went to the DIME archives and searched out the ban, then I searched out the vinyl's history and presented my case to the mods [with the blessing of the above members when I asked them first]. Low and behold not only was the upload allowed it was noted by the mod that the original ban was actually categorized wrong and that indeed I had done my homework properly to allow this upload under DIME rules already in place. BIG THANKS to NightShifted, the DIME mod that I had the pleasure of working with, he has a hard enough job and one I earned a better respect for after this.

Robert Palmer fans there like myself were overjoyed and thankful. The ONLY corrections Commish made were alternate re-tracking of the set for different tastes[all of which were included in the torrent] and artwork which was redesigned[with seperate versions of each included to reflect the alternate trackings] by FREE_forever and his talented wife personally. ALL of this was done with FREE's consent "before" the torrent ever uploaded. Now THAT is how such a situation should happen on any trading site if there is such a problem.....community members working with mods/admin to ensure the trading pool etiquette and legal issues are met beforehand so that EVERYONE can enjoy the fruit of that labor.
Old 2006-08-31, 03:24 PM
Video Guru
49.89 GB/89.01 GB/1.78

Yeah,all very nice but this thread shouldn't even be mentioning other sites & what they do...or don't.

It was an uberleechers naming thread for this site ,TTD ,thats all.
I think we should keep it for that & let other trackers be dealt with how they deal with it

Back to here:
Personally for ratio control i think that when you are below .2 a big stick should come out of your monitor & bop you on the head......
Seriously
I don't agree with limiting the number you can get if you fall below a certain ratio.You should have a point where if you don't share,we won't.

I can also see the problems that a new member who may of just joined to get a dying torrent would find it difficult to reach that ratio point.That has to be taken into consideration with an e-mail or something.But its not hard to work out who's not playing the game is it?

On the whole ,if you have a ratio less than .2 and you have downloaded 100Gb...you aint here to share or even help out are you and its those that must be dealt with accordingly in the tracker script.....

or the bop on the head

but that's just IMO

K_K
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-08-31, 03:37 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmarsh
rhinowing, I think you know better than that why you got booted from Zomb
*cough* attitude *cough*

i dont seem to remember criticizing the site its self any more than people in this thread have...
Old 2006-08-31, 03:56 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

My apologies, I did not intend for my post to be seen that way. It was meant as an example of how issues of "questionable torrent" could be handled as it became part of this discussion. If the post itself needs to be deleted I ask that admin or mods make sure it is handled. I guess it did get a whole new life to it with other issues being raised during the exchange here.

Thanks for pointing this out, it helps keep people focused on the issue originally posted about.

~Jet
Old 2006-09-02, 06:34 AM
boredwhitelighter
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

well i had not spotted there was a flame forum here , guess i was wrong it shows up in a few places

threads like this to me should be in a pure flame section , but hey i find it amusing anyway
Old 2006-09-02, 10:21 PM
1.62 TB/3.79 TB/2.34

If ya have a good ratio and need a oink invite

pm me
Old 2006-09-03, 08:23 AM
292.96 GB/794.00 GB/2.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmarsh
@toys
My point was that kind of behavior from users would not ne tolerated on Zomb. Didn't mean that TTD staff actually did something wrong.
I just read some comments from the following tread: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=23718

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by bonzobonham:
powderfinger you brainless, gutless, waste of carbon - nice of you to take a break from having sex with your mother to post here - when you are done sucking your dads dick, pick the scabs of your moms pussy and have a go at her again. I see by your avatar you like big black dick in your ass, do you choke down the sperm after they leave it in your ass for nurishment??

Originally posted by SandWorm:
Obviously not the same person you did since my copy is better than yours douchebag!

And that person should have kept his dick in your mouth - might have prevented you from blabbing!

Originally posted by freezer own the undead:
Fuck but you are one obtuse asshole......... How hard is it to add and subtract, but I probably shouldn't be asking you that, Pieter, peter, peter-eater..........it'll probably take you a few hours to figure it out without taking off your shoes so you can count past 10.

Yeah, I know, you'd have been here sooner, but you took the elevator and you forgot the fuckin' route.

Of course you would, because your fricking pin head is buried up your greedy ass.

Originally posted by hottiemagnet:
Bla bla bla....Boring fuck....I only add, little freezing counting machine.

Only insults. Try harder.

Still you're a little, no name asshole when you got enough time on your hands to count the time between when people post.

In the meantime i called 2 friends, my parents and my girl.

That's probably 5 more people you can count on. Or call.

In the meantime you probably jerked off to the attention you get again.

Deadmarsh has a good point. No way that we except such behaviour from users. Everyone is treated with respect on Zomb torrents except the ones who don't respect us.
Old 2006-09-03, 01:13 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Glad I'm not known for that kind of behaviour......aside from pointing out that I am only human myself and not above getting a bit angry and frustrated from time to time, but I guess concerns about torrents having questionable edits or sources is best saved for another thread.....this is the uber-leeching thread and I will reside myself to that discussion alone as fellow members kindly suggest to stick to and I agree with.

Old 2006-09-03, 04:57 PM
152.29 GB/261.57 GB/1.72

bad example. that thread goes far away and beyond TTD.
Old 2006-09-03, 06:40 PM
1.34 TB/2.25 TB/1.68

I agree with KoolKat's 'bop on the head' approach to those who demonstrate an unwillingness to share with huge download vs. upload anounts....

Also with coments about how the thread was supposedly about TDD, and seemd to be hi-jacked to The ZOMB. It's already been mentioned about how varied activities go on on all sites, but I didn't see any specific mention about any of the other myriad ones except ZOMB and DaD.........
Old 2006-09-04, 09:39 AM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

I agree with KoolKat and glens on this as well......."bop right in the middle of the forehead" saying Hello? McFly???, share ratio, good community member, get on the ball here.....but that's just me.

Old 2006-09-04, 05:58 PM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medellia
I just read some comments from the following tread: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=23718
No way that we except such behaviour from users. Everyone is treated with respect on Zomb torrents except the ones who don't respect us.
Until you get the same group of users on your site having the same type of arguments, you don't really know what you would do or how you would handle it. There are some situations that are and will always be "no-win". Your answer seems to be that you would just ban anyone from your site who doesn't respect you or your other users. That seems to be resulting in your former users going to other sites where they are allowed to speak their minds, where they then badmouth you and give your site a bad reputation. I suspect that many people you ban simply come back with a different username and a different IP address within minutes after your banning, while laughing at the ineffectiveness of your punishment. Who's to say what the right way to handle things is? That's why its so good that there are multiple torrent sites out there that all do things differently. It offers the possibility for everyone to find the site or sites where they most feel at home.
Old 2006-09-05, 05:12 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

toys,

I could NOT have said it better myself....when things are ruled by "my way or the highway" tactics, the outcome is never gonna be good regardless of what site it is.....

Thanks for saying it proper like....
Old 2006-09-06, 05:26 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medellia

Originally posted by freezer own the undead:
Yeah, I know, you'd have been here sooner, but you took the elevator and you forgot the fuckin' route.

Deadmarsh has a good point. No way that we except such behaviour from users. Everyone is treated with respect on Zomb torrents except the ones who don't respect us.

Well, now, I just looked in over at Zomb, and I noticed some shows that I taped up over there with someone proudly proclaiming about "their shows" .....

Hmmmm, I hold no particular 'ownership' to that music, so let these folks share "their" shows. (It would be nice if they shared the correct info, but beggars can't be choosers....)

In one particular instance of one of my masters now up at Zomb, the show was taken from a DaD thread months ago. The Zomb seeder left out the information that the version of the show he was seeding is INCOMPLETE, but he did take the time to add his own misinformation.

What the hell, all that's needed now is to change the name of the venue, change the date and change the city of origin, AND these can be entirely NEW shows and then be "exclusive" to Zomb.

Now, from what I've read about Zomb here in this thread and elsewhere, I would be very loathe to share that same information AGAIN, as it would seem that sharing correct info on the origin of a recording is something that could get a Zomb user banned.

But, when these Zomb defenders come into this site, pick only certain passages to use as exemplify, without regard to context.....maybe its just a symptom of the site; and just like the Zomb members who only share bits and pieces of information on seeded recordings.

Maybe, and I could be wrong, maybe there's an agenda behind the subterfuge.

Hey, to each, his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Oz
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

And March 5, 1973 WAS not Mardi Gras night.....fishwater is wrong..... Now go back and please use all the correrct info from the Dad thread on that show.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers