The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-07-16, 12:44 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Icon4 Report all ratio issues here

As you may know, we are still working on getting the tracker to update the stats for everyone. Please use this thread only for reporting problems relating to your stats/ratios.

Before posting here, you should go through the list and read each item.

1) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating are actually on our tracker. You can tell if they are not because the link to them will be to an external site such as Dime-A-Dozen or one of the other many boot sites out there. Our tracker does not keep track of torrents that are not on The Traders Den.

2) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating were posted on or after July 2, 2005. If the date of the first post in the thread is dated before that, they are on the old tracker and the old tracker is unable to keep track of stats.

3) Stop your torrents, close your BT client, open it again, and then restart your torrents. Pausing them will not work.

If after reading those above items, you think your stats are still incorrect then make a post here stating what they should be, according to your BT client and we will update them for you. Also, it is very important that you let us know which operating system you're using (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and which BT client AND version you are using. Some BT clients may not work well or may not work at all with the tracker. We need to know your information so that we can figure out which ones those are.

Before helping you further, we will assume you've followed the above instructions.

Remember - we DO NOT enforce a share ratio and do not plan on doing so in the future. We also do not use the stats/ratio information for any other purpose. They are only a by-product of installing the new tracker.

Also, please try to limit discussion in this thread to topics relating to your questions and problems. Your post may be deleted without notice if it is not a specific issue that you need help with.

Last edited by Ted; 2005-07-28 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-23, 08:30 PM
Non Serviam
3.27 TB/25.58 TB/7.81

Re: Report all ratio issues here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
As you may know, we are still working on getting the tracker to update the stats for everyone. Please use this thread only for reporting problems relating to your stats/ratios.
(...)

2) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating were posted on or after July 2, 2005. If they are dated before that, they are on the old tracker and the new tracker does not keep track of those stats.

(...)

Before helping you further, we will assume you've followed the above instructions.

Remember - we DO NOT enforce a share ratio and do not plan on doing so in the future. We also do not use the stats/ratio information for any other purpose. They are only a by-product of installing the new tracker.

Also, please try to limit discussion in this thread to topics relating to your questions and problems.
Ted - I hope you consider this question "on topic". You say that "we DO NOT enforce a share ratio", yet I think it is a point of pride among traders, and the information is publicly viewable. I made the decision to sacrifice my upload on a couple of well-seeded shows on the new tracker and devote it to the "Jewels and Binoculars" Bob Dylan torrent on the old tracker (a "Holy Grail" set for Dylan collectors). It has been a seedless torrent off and on, but I have been on it for several days (with a couple of reboots) and my total stats to date are (ABC, Win XP SP2):

DL: 3.84 GB, UL: 7.54 GB, 88.6% Complete, 196.1% share, ETA 2d:11h:01m

Compare this to my publicly viewable stats: (1.96 GB/651.46 MB/0.32)

Question: Will the Mods consider updating stats taken from the old tracker (when the torrent participation is completed)?

If the answer is "NO!", I understand, as you probably have far more important things to do than to this, but just wondering?

Last edited by guygee; 2005-07-23 at 08:35 PM.
Old 2005-07-23, 09:26 PM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Ted - I hope you consider this question "on topic".

Question: Will the Mods consider updating stats taken from the old tracker (when the torrent participation is completed)?
Yes, this is on topic

The old tracker did not have the capability of keeping stats at all. The new tracker does, though that's not the reason we went with a new tracker. The stats are kind of a bonus that came with the installation of the new tracker. Because the old tracker did not keep stats, we cannot update everyone's account to reflect what they had with the old tracker. We will however, update the stats of those who provide them to us, as you have just done.

So without further ado, I'll go update yours right now...
Old 2005-07-24, 10:27 AM
106.14 GB/290.53 GB/2.74

my stats are way off. so far i uploaded 23 GB on the 7/1/05 breakfast dvd and 2 GB on the 3/4/05 breakfast dvd audio and my total is 11.81 GB. why bother having the stats if the tracker cant even come close to keeping track correctly?
Old 2005-07-24, 10:38 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Did you Cancel/Stop your bt client to get them to show up?

And, we will be working on fixing the stats so they are more accurate, but we really needed to put this live in order to work out the kinks.

Old 2005-07-24, 10:55 AM
106.14 GB/290.53 GB/2.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Did you Cancel/Stop your bt client to get them to show up?
several times since i started seeding last week.

Quote:

And, we will be working on fixing the stats so they are more accurate, but we really needed to put this live in order to work out the kinks.
makes sense. there is probably a lot more work involved than i am thinking.
Old 2005-07-24, 11:42 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Chris, I fixed your stats for you. I'd be interested to know which BT client you are using. It seems to update for you sometimes, but not others. Are you logging on from different locations?

As for the tracker and programming, I have to say it has been an interesting experience! This time last year I knew nothing about servers or trackers or programming in php! hehe

Thanks for your patience.

Old 2005-07-24, 12:53 PM
106.14 GB/290.53 GB/2.74

i am using azureus, from one location.

occationally my computer will just automatically shut down on its own when i plug in a firewire device due to poor compatibility with my digidesign hardware and sp2. when that happens azureus is usually running. when i start it back up it tells me that azureus was not closed properly.

would that have anything to do with the problem?
Old 2005-07-24, 02:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Yes, I would guess that since it isn't closing properly, it isn't able to send the message to the tracker about how you are done, like a Cancel or Stop does.

Old 2005-07-26, 12:30 AM
RoddyPiper
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Could you please check my ratio. They must be wrong. I've uploaded more on the Green Day Live 8 DVD than the statistic says i uploaded completly.
Old 2005-07-26, 01:13 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

First, did you read the first post in this thread?

If so, then post what your stats should be, so we can adjust them for you. Otherwise we have no way of knowing how much you've uploaded/downloaded.
Old 2005-07-26, 05:15 PM
shnaholic
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

hi all...been using bt 4.0.3 and my stats were updating regularly. i let my prog run all the time but the last few days i havent seen any increase in stuff taken or stuff shared. i grabbed the project object vid which is at least 6gb so i know my stats are wrong. i have also grabbed all the live 8 stuff from 4candles and have been sharing at 89kbps for the last 5 days(as well as the last few weeks). just curious but id like to show an adequate representation of what ive shared and grabbed so far. im sure ive shared at least 85gb by now, prolly more. thanx in advance, id hate to be labelled a taker.
Old 2005-07-26, 05:40 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey shnaholic, I've updated your stats. That's strange that it was working, but now it isn't. Remember though that only shows that are on the new tracker (since July 2) will update your stats (the project object show is on the old tracker).

Old 2005-07-26, 05:45 PM
shnaholic
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

hey thanx....i am going to just seed stuff from live 8 for awhile and then ill check to see if the stats update regularly. thanx for the adjustment.
Old 2005-07-26, 09:33 PM
96.67 GB/501.21 GB/5.18

I was on the torrent The Doors 1970-01-18 (Early + Late Shows) Felt Forum, New York City (FLAC), and had finished and was uploading to about a 3.5 ratio. I use Bittornado 0.3.8. Clicked "finish" as usual, and my stats weren't updated (after I checked back). After that, the next time I tried to view this site, I had been logged out. This has never happened before (although on my download, using Azureus 2.2.0.2, this tracker acknowledged only partial stats for some unknown reason. I'm not concerned about updating the stats so much as fixing this problem. TIA.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble