The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2008-05-26, 01:52 PM
337.38 GB/612.50 GB/1.82

foobar2000 live show tagger

For some reason I cannot get the Live Show Tagger it to work. I'll select a show, click Live Show Tagger, it will pop up and show "all tracks match", but when I click "update files" it tags all the titles with the first named title in the data setlist.

I have been going into each track properties and updating the title manually…..but that cant be right. Been scratching my head now for over a day trying to figure this out

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer. I'm using foobar2000 v0.9.5.3 Windows XP Home.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-05-26, 02:41 PM
187.19 GB/370.15 GB/1.98

Re: foobar2000 live show tagger

That's because the text file where Foobar is deriving the tags from is not in the correct format.
Sometimes, on a mulitiple disc show, all discs will be tagged as disc 1, so I just select all tracks from disc 2 - -properties - change disc nr...then do that for disc 3...4.. etc.

In your case though, the text file is not correct. There may be another text file in the dir you can use. Select all tracks - right click - assign text file - browse to text file to use.

If no text files are formatted correctly, you either format the text file or just tag it manually.

Live show tagger is great but you need to watch out that the assignments on the left match the ones on the right. Sometimes the ordering can be different. Also, sometimes there will be a different of files to what is listed in the track list, ie some tracks are combined or split, caught me out a few times.

LST is worth using though, as long as you spend a few seconds checking it is ok before tagging. If I tage a load of shows in one sitting I like to enqueue them all in foobar at the end then play a load of random tracks to make sure they are tagged correctly.
Old 2008-05-26, 07:53 PM
337.38 GB/612.50 GB/1.82

Thanks for your comments. I will plan on updated these manually.
Old 2008-05-27, 08:44 PM
337.38 GB/612.50 GB/1.82

Riddle me this batman...........

Okay new issue. I tagged and updated show info using the properties command function and renamed the files using the File operation commands (I think that is what it is called). Now the problem. I can see and play the files in foobar but the location (folder) listed for the files are now empty (2MB). I search my HDD for anything ending in .flac and these files are no where to be found, yet i can play any of the 20+ tracks using foobar. It is like they became invisable! I want to achive the show but can not. This has happened on two killer show. Jeff Beck w/EC and Jimi Hendrex in NYC. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks
Old 2009-03-01, 04:41 PM
1.08 TB/540.61 GB/0.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
Riddle me this batman...........

Okay new issue. I tagged and updated show info using the properties command function and renamed the files using the File operation commands (I think that is what it is called). Now the problem. I can see and play the files in foobar but the location (folder) listed for the files are now empty (2MB). I search my HDD for anything ending in .flac and these files are no where to be found, yet i can play any of the 20+ tracks using foobar. It is like they became invisable! I want to achive the show but can not. This has happened on two killer show. Jeff Beck w/EC and Jimi Hendrex in NYC. Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks
right click on the track and click "Open File Location"
Old 2009-03-02, 01:18 AM
Zymocenosilicaphobic
29.67 GB/98.85 GB/3.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
For some reason I cannot get the Live Show Tagger it to work. I'll select a show, click Live Show Tagger, it will pop up and show "all tracks match", but when I click "update files" it tags all the titles with the first named title in the data setlist.

I have been going into each track properties and updating the title manually…..but that cant be right. Been scratching my head now for over a day trying to figure this out

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer. I'm using foobar2000 v0.9.5.3 Windows XP Home.

It has to do with the numbering of the tracks. If you look on the left side of the Live show Tagger screen all the tracks will be labeled #1. Highlight all the tracks, right click, than hit properties. In properties hit tools in the lower left corner, than click Auto Track Number, then hit Apply and then OK. After that you should you should see all the tracks numbered in the proper order on the left side of the screen and it should work properly.

------------------------------------
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean.
------------------------------------
Old 2010-01-07, 03:43 AM
28.64 GB/67.17 GB/2.35

Huge amounts of thanks to you guys for this thread. I have been banging my head against the wall and getting sore hands from trying to make this process smoother (as I go through about 200 concerts). I wish I would have read this earlier.

I ended up with a whole bunch of song #1's after using Live Show Tagger as well. If I did (1) Highlight all tracks; (2) Auto Track Number; (3) Live Show Tagger, it worked like a charm. Thanks again!!!!!
Old 2016-02-20, 10:08 AM
195.05 GB/483.91 GB/2.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep620 View Post
It has to do with the numbering of the tracks. If you look on the left side of the Live show Tagger screen all the tracks will be labeled #1. Highlight all the tracks, right click, than hit properties. In properties hit tools in the lower left corner, than click Auto Track Number, then hit Apply and then OK. After that you should you should see all the tracks numbered in the proper order on the left side of the screen and it should work properly.
This worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

Words by Robert Hunter

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble