The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
• Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-11-16, 01:27 PM
xcv111
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

How about sending you a spectral view image before seeding the actual gig?

Thanks for your previous replies Five, Jamie and U2Lynne concerning the same issue as here once again, but from a little bit different perspective.

How about if I wanted to send you a spectral view image before I seed the actual show in order to spare me some time not to fix the show ready to be seeded and all that?

Is it possible? And if so, how should I proceed? I thought the "Lossy or Lossless?" forum might be just perfect forum. Would it?

Second thought. Here at "Tecnobabble" forum there are such options as: "Attach Files" > Manage attachments. Would that be the exact answer what I'm looking for? How about the "Thread Subscription"? From which one of the options should I choose from?

Thank you.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-11-16, 01:31 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

Re: How about sending you a spectral view image before seeding the actual gig?

first question: yeah, post 'em up in the lossy or lossless forum. if you pm them to me it might take me a week to get back to you depending on how flooded I am with pms. but when you post it here lots of ppl can help you out. eventually you will get a feel for it and just post up the strangest ones. looking at some of the older threads in the lossy or lossless forum can help you learn what to look for.

second question: when you push 'manage attachments' a popup appears which has buttons for finding & uploading up to three attachments at a time. thread subscription is something different. I'm not sure if I understand the question.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-11-16, 02:06 PM
xcv111
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
first question: yeah, post 'em up in the lossy or lossless forum. if you pm them to me it might take me a week to get back to you depending on how flooded I am with pms. but when you post it here lots of ppl can help you out. eventually you will get a feel for it and just post up the strangest ones. looking at some of the older threads in the lossy or lossless forum can help you learn what to look for.

second question: when you push 'manage attachments' a popup appears which has buttons for finding & uploading up to three attachments at a time. thread subscription is something different. I'm not sure if I understand the question.
OK.
I won't burden you even more with any of my posts any further sending them posts directly to you. Makes some sense!

So, to post a spectral view image in the "Lossy or Lossless?" forum is a sound idea. Right?

OK. I'll try to figure it out how it all works.

Oh... Really? I thought my question was quite straight forward: "How about sending you a spectral view image before seeding the actual gig?" Am I that lost with my English?

Thank you for your swift answer.

Ps. Sorry, but I'm a bit lost with all these shortenings like "pms" for example. Possibly I'll learn them little by little with baby steps. I learned my English listening through Ramones' first album twice, thou I'm an university graduate. I'm more used to talking in English than writing it. Sorry.
Old 2007-11-16, 02:27 PM
xcv111
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
thread subscription is something different. I'm not sure if I understand the question.
OK.
Finally I got you. In "Thread Subscription" section there are various options to choose from. Which option I should choose?
Old 2007-11-16, 03:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Thread subscription means it shows up in a list of threads when you click on your User CP. I think you can also have an automatic email sent once a day telling you if anyone replied to a thread you are subscribed to. I'm not really sure though since I never use those options. I don't think that is what you are looking for though.

I think you probably just want to post a thread in Lossy/Lossless and when you hit New Thread an option to Manage Attachments is on the bottom of the page. Click that to get a pop-up to attach images. If you want to post attachments to a thread that already exists, just hit the Post Reply button or the Go Advanced Button and you will go to another screen where that Manage Attachments button appears on the bottom for you to click and add attachments.

Old 2007-11-16, 04:03 PM
xcv111
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Much and very many thanks to you Five once again!

I checked out the situation in the "Lossy or Lossless?" forum and nothing has been happening around there since 2007 11 12. So, of course I decided to post my spectral view right here in the "Technobabble" forum, since a lot more things seen to happen around here.

And the upload of of the image worked like a dream. No worries what so ever!

Thanks!
Old 2007-11-16, 04:35 PM
xcv111
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Thread subscription means it shows up in a list of threads when you click on your User CP. I think you can also have an automatic email sent once a day telling you if anyone replied to a thread you are subscribed to. I'm not really sure though since I never use those options. I don't think that is what you are looking for though.

I think you probably just want to post a thread in Lossy/Lossless and when you hit New Thread an option to Manage Attachments is on the bottom of the page. Click that to get a pop-up to attach images. If you want to post attachments to a thread that already exists, just hit the Post Reply button or the Go Advanced Button and you will go to another screen where that Manage Attachments button appears on the bottom for you to click and add attachments.
OK.
I'll try to digest what you said simultancously as turning over the the pages of my various the dictionaries as hell behind my back! Writing in English isn't quite my strongest points. I handle speaking in English far more better. I'll try figure out what you actually said with a little more time.

Anyway the image upload worked like a dream!

Thanks for your reply.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble