The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-09-08, 09:52 PM
Bass Aficionado
43.96 GB/166.70 GB/3.79

Reseeding an inactive torrent

If a torrent goes inactive and you have the files is there a way to reseed it without creating a new torrent and thread?

We were brash young fellows'. I was always hanging with the older crowd anyway. The musicians were the Hip Cats, and I was hanging with them anyway. I Just started out real early. We were just so happy to be playing with James Brown. We wouldn't have dared asked for any writer's credits, we didn't know anything about that.

When we got with George, he didn't care what was happening. He liked how crazy we were looking and dressing. I kinda liked being with George more so at the time, because George let us do what we wanted to do. But I needed both lessons.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-09-08, 10:03 PM
Long Distance Runner
1.32 TB/2.12 TB/1.61

Re: Reseeding an inactive torrent

Nathant... I am not any authority. My first torrent here at TTD was exactly the same consditions you have describe. My understanding is that someone will have to create a new torrent (technically, it a "RE-SEED"). Once it goes inactive, I think your cooked. I learned a lot by doing the torrent and it was not that hard. Otherwise, it stays inactive until someone else decides to Re-Seed it by creating a new torrent.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:19 PM
Bass Aficionado
43.96 GB/166.70 GB/3.79

Well I have had torrents go inactive before and reseeded them, but then on my torrent list under my user cp it would list the old inactive torrent and the new one. I want to know why if inactive torrents can't be reseeded they even stay around. Especially after being reseeded. I figured there might be a way to do it without starting a new thread.

We were brash young fellows'. I was always hanging with the older crowd anyway. The musicians were the Hip Cats, and I was hanging with them anyway. I Just started out real early. We were just so happy to be playing with James Brown. We wouldn't have dared asked for any writer's credits, we didn't know anything about that.

When we got with George, he didn't care what was happening. He liked how crazy we were looking and dressing. I kinda liked being with George more so at the time, because George let us do what we wanted to do. But I needed both lessons.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:23 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Once a show is moved out of the ABT or VBT forum, the torrent file is gone, gone, gone. So, if you wish to reseed it, a new torrent file must be made and a new thread made (with the Reseed option checked).

Nathant, I'm not sure which list you are talking about. There is a list of your last 10 torrents and some of those are active (still on the tracker), and some are not (no longer on the tracker). Then there is the list of Active torrents (you need to click to open it) and that only lists torrents still on the tracker.

Old 2007-09-08, 10:24 PM
Bass Aficionado
43.96 GB/166.70 GB/3.79

Well that kinda sucks. Oh well, thanks Lynne.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble