The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-14, 04:22 PM
61.85 GB/74.30 GB/1.20

Re: Audio Blogs--->TTD Shows

Lynne,

Please close the thread....I think Im going to cry.
Old 2008-04-14, 05:47 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

I like it when people keep my information files intact when they share too.
Old 2008-04-15, 01:17 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

haha the hendrix one posted this morning at qualityboots is one that I upped here (reseed at that). half the txt file is removed, just off the cuff comments from Jon who is the source that were written in 2005 and might sound a little confusing, like it is the blogger speaking. the comments are probably still in the txt file (you would think). he also took out "do not encode to mp3" that was there, which is the worst of it to me.

generally, if the seeder put something in the txt file about their identity/handle then its nice if it stays there. if they didn't maybe they don't want this information passed along.

last year we were made aware that there are certain ppl out there who download new ttd shows and put them up elsewhere (other trackers, as spanning rars on ftp replacement sites etc) in as little as 24hrs, they do not respect the request not to convert to mp3, and respond with tremendous hostility when emailed about it.

Staff discussed this at length, conclusions were that we don't like it, and that there is no effective way to prevent this from happening.

So by comparison the 'qualityboots' blog is not as big a deal at all!

Besides, what can we do about it? About the only way we could get any control over that would be to host something similar to these blogs at ttd, where we have control over content.

Which is an interesting thought... ratio-free downloads, a little picture and a writeup for every show posted. There could also be a link to the show on the ttd tracker as well.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions