The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-02-28, 12:23 PM
188.37 GB/295.06 GB/1.57

Icon4 Seeding but no seed listed

Hi I've just posted my first torrent. There are no seeders listed and that concerns me. Also the post lists at 97.3% as does my client. If I look in Azureus it shows some pieces missing although the MD5 checks out OK and I have written the files to CD. There are even people leeching.

As I've not done this before it's a bit hit and miss. The help for Azureus was not that helpful. They use terms such as publish on the help but seed on the software.

Any help would be appriciated.

[http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/....php?p=313996]
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-02-28, 01:44 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Seeding but no seed listed

The two most common mistakes made that result in you never hitting 100% as a seeder are:
1) You had one (or more) of your torrent files open when you made the .torrent file. The most common file to have open is the text file. So, make sure none of your files (text, md5, flac, jpegs) are open in any application when you make your .torrent
2) You changed one of the torrent files after you made your .torrent file. Once again, the most common file to be modified is the text file. People make the .torrent file then notice something wrong with the text file, they change it, and save it and now your files are different than what the .torrent file is telling the tracker they should look like.

So, close all your files, make a new torrent file and upload the torrent/thread to the tracker once again. Then, go back to your original post, post a link to the new torrent telling people they should hop onto the new one, then hit the Report this Post button,, and tell us to remove the old, broken torrent.

Old 2006-02-28, 01:45 PM
189.30 GB/594.78 GB/3.14

I posted in the thread what to do next

this happens all the time, give it another shot it should work

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Old 2006-02-28, 07:06 PM
188.37 GB/295.06 GB/1.57

Thanks, there were two problems.
I may have had the text file open but it may have been MKW having a lock on a .shn file.
The other was that unless I took an option to seed straight away in Azureus I could only get it to be a download, which was uploading.
Still it's worked and may it be one of many. I've been holding on to some old reels with some obscure uk band recorded on when we used to hang out. That will be more of a challenge. I found the instructions for making an original master seed a little daunting. Thanks again.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble