The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2012-02-18, 03:59 AM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

DL/UL Stats Not Updating

This is the second time my DL/UL stats seem to be frozen. Just since yesterday I've uploaded about 0.8 GB but the numbers haven't changed in the upper right corner of the screen (under my user name). The last time this happened it lasted for a number of days (or maybe a week or two) then mysteriously started again. This is particularly frustrating because I've been working to get to 1.00 ratio and I'm getting close. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2012-02-19, 03:29 AM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

Re: DL/UL Stats Not Updating

Do the math.

0.8 GB is 0.4% of the total you've upload -- too small to move you ratio 1/100th of a point.

DL/UL/Ratio

171.78/169.3 = 0.9856 (or 0.99 when rounded)
171.78/170.10 = 0.9902 (or 0.99 when rounded)
Old 2012-02-19, 09:31 AM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

Thanks for your reply, but it isn't just the ratio that isn't changing - the UL and DL numbers haven't changed at all. Based on the last few days activity by UL should be over 171.00 by now but it's been frozen at 170.10. None of my activity, UL or DL is being logged.
Old 2012-02-20, 08:59 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I notice you are uploading on 10 shows here and only 1 of them has a leecher. Only 10 shows will count towards your stats at a time. So, if you actually have 20 open, only 10 are being tracked by the tracker. So, perhaps the show you uploaded to is not on the list of 10 shows the tracker is watching.

Old 2012-02-20, 09:29 AM
TTD VIP
929.72 GB/5.13 TB/5.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
Thanks for your reply, but it isn't just the ratio that isn't changing - the UL and DL numbers haven't changed at all. Based on the last few days activity by UL should be over 171.00 by now but it's been frozen at 170.10. None of my activity, UL or DL is being logged.
I've ran into the same thing. Seems like I've been stuck at 4.37 TB for awhile now.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:12 PM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

Thanks for your replies - this is very confusing, not to mention frustrating. I only have 10 shows on my tracker, and it shows that I've uploaded over 1GB each on two of them - this occurred over the last several days during which time my UL total has remained stuck on 170.10. By now it should be well over 172. There must be a disconnect somewhere for these recent uploads to not be added to my total.
Old 2012-02-20, 07:47 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer
775.22 GB/3.83 TB/5.05

What torrent program do you use? I've used uTorrent for a while now, and I stumbled onto something that might help... let me explain my story.

I pay little attention to my ratio, since I don't think I've stopped seeding anything for a couple years now (haha) and I'm all good everywhere I go. Recently, though, I noticed that my isp (Telus) switched my service a bit, and in doing so, they changed my ip address. In uTorrent, under options > preferences > bittorrent, there is a box where you can enter the ip address to report to tracker. IT still showed my old ip address. I changed it to what my current ip address is, and, voila, my stats seem to be moving again. I didn't necessarily notice them stop, but then again, after 1tb upload, I really stopped caring what my ratio was....

Perhaps you need to reset what your torrent program is reporting to the tracker like it seems I had to do.

Anyone know more about this?
Old 2012-02-20, 08:12 PM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

Thanks AA. I've been using Burst and to be honest I never dug into it that deeply because everything worked smoothly. I believe that all of my UL/DL activity is being sent to TDD because my Torrent Stats for each thread match what I've been monitoring with Burst. For some reason it's not getting added to the total. I've read some older posts about similar issues with suggestions like disabling DHT, but I don't see anything related to that with the Burst interface. I hate to make a big deal out of this ratio thing, but since I haven't gotten into seeding anything myself yet it's taken a lot of time to creep up this high, and damn I'd like to reach 1.00!
Old 2012-02-21, 02:26 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

Forget Burst! (FYI version 3.1.0 was the last one released in 2004, so no updates or whatever since 8 years). Instead try uTorrent (the best bittorrent client IMO) for a couple of weeks or so and see how that is working out for you.

On your profile page I see that your are indicated by our tracker as being firewalled. Make sure that your port is forwarded properly. If you would resolve that matter it would also be a lot easier to get a working connection with other peers. See here for some info about firewalled: Before posting about being firewalled...
Old 2012-02-21, 12:15 PM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

Well, I switched to uTorrent, disabled DHT, and all of a sudden my ratio is updating AND I'm not firewalled anymore - boy does THAT make a difference! LOL.

THANK YOU all for your suggestions. I'll join the 21st century yet!
Old 2012-02-22, 03:51 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod
742.25 GB/2.35 TB/3.25

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High

Hi Mike, good to hear that your ratio issue and you being firewalled are solved.

FYI, DHT (Distributed Hash Table) is an addition to most bittorrent clients that allows them to work without a tracker. This means that the client will be able to find peers even when the tracker is down or doesn't exist anymore. It allows the swarm to continue without a tracker (this means that ratios aren't updated). Torrent files are typically published and registered with at least one tracker. The tracker maintains lists of all clients currently participating in the torrent. In a trackerless system (decentralized tracking) like DHT every peer acts as a tracker. This is why we ask our members when creating a torrent file to set the Private flag to disable DHT. Doing so will tell clients to restrict the use of decentralized tracking. The purpose of the flag is to prevent torrents from being shared with clients that do not have access to the tracker. And while you are at it, also make sure to disable the options: local peer discovery and peer exchange as well.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:25 AM
1.80 TB/10.08 TB/5.59

Thanks Jabulon!

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble