The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 10:52 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

Re: Can 'audio watermarks' be banned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post

Would anyone have a problem if we added a rule that no seeder may add audio to a recording that was not captured at the time it was recorded?
You gonna ban the Millard recordings that he personally marked, jimmy-jam?

Millard didn't add sounds to his recordings... I assume you are familiar with tape marking.
This guy is speaking his name over someone else's recording. It didn't happen at the show.

Your whistle happened at the show. It was there.

Millard was the taper. I wish he didn't mark.. but that was his business. He wasn't yelling "MIKE MILLARD" into a teac as he made copies.

no one but a fucking imbecile would do some shit like that.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:58 PM
67.92 GB/18.51 GB/0.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDavis View Post
I was listening to the Johnny Winter 1975-06-07 recorded by freezer, and when that whistle went off, I was so scared, I dropped my bong and burned a hole in my 30 year old sofa.

Yeah.
thats the best part of the story!

adding your name audibly after the fact is rather lame. most tapers do mark
shows in some manner, but most do it on the fly with announcing the date of the show, belching/sneezes, whistles, etc. thankfully i havent heard any one mark their tapes with farts.
Old 2010-11-09, 01:11 AM
bright ambassador of morning
497.48 GB/1.18 TB/2.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinajoe View Post
thankfully i havent heard any one mark their tapes with farts.
you just gave somebody an idea!

Quote:
Vince Gill:
I just got an award presented to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat View Post
Quote:
I knew that was the wrong answer
such is the nature of Gilligan.
Old 2010-11-09, 03:25 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Would anyone have a problem if we added a rule that no seeder may add audio to a recording that was not captured at the time it was recorded?
Sounds like a good plan to me....
Old 2010-11-09, 06:02 AM
co9ol
303.62 GB/388.57 GB/1.28

sounds like a good rule to me, although it might get hard to tell in some cases if someone did a really good job at making them sound like they were in the audience at the time. It'd get hard to tell if they just yelled it then, or if it was put in later.
Old 2010-11-09, 06:46 AM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Why don't do you require seeders to disclaim either as a category choice or some other form that they fucked with something they didn't tape in the first place and just let the downloaders decide if they want it or not. You can't stop people from doing this stuff but you can dictate the terms of participation for this one venue. It is easy to get these guys to disclaim it since they tend to remaster not because they are good at it but do it to stroke their own egos.
Old 2010-11-09, 06:56 AM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Is this really that big a deal? The only show I have that is "marked" was done by the taper, gave info on the gear, the date, and where the mics were set up. It is also after the show ended. And, I've d/l'd more than a few shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2010-11-09, 08:51 AM
oxymoron
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

should not you also specify the type of wire?
or physical / mental condition of the tapers?
which PA the band have used ....

the music is the most important
Old 2010-11-09, 11:12 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
Is this really that big a deal? The only show I have that is "marked" was done by the taper, gave info on the gear, the date, and where the mics were set up. It is also after the show ended. And, I've d/l'd more than a few shows.
At the end of the day, no, it's not a big deal. It's one torrent out of ... many.

However, some folks suggest "If you don't like it, don't download it". Well, I can't tell if I like it or not UNTIL I download it. Others say "Go find another source if you don't like what the seeder did here". Well, I don't really have anywhere to start other than here. I don't subscribe to DaD, and the only other torrent site I've used is an occasional dip in Pirate Bay. Someone who posted on the torrent thread seems to know who taped it, or who passed the tape to whom, but I'm out of the loop there.

So; not a big deal, but I'd like to know how others feel about it, since it seems to go straight against the grain of what this site claims to stand for.

Oh, and if anyone does have a clean source for the same show, please consider posting it here.
Old 2010-11-09, 11:33 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Millard didn't add sounds to his recordings... I assume you are familiar with tape marking..[/quote]

Very familiar with tape markings, and YOU have no idea what I did to some of those masters before I "released' them, Captain Entitlement.

So YOU need to quit pretending to be an expert on Mike Millard recordings or on and my Freezer tapes.

Why don't you just stick to talking about the recordings YOU personally made, jimmy-jam?

Quote:
Your whistle happened at the show. It was there.
Prove it, jimmy.........PROVE it happed that way in every instance.

You can't and know it, Cap.n.

Quote:
Millard was the taper. I wish he didn't mark.. but that was his business. He wasn't yelling "MIKE MILLARD" into a teac as he made copies.
You have no idea. Millard absolutely detested non-taping traders. You and yours would have been low man on the Millard totem-pole.

And if he had lived, YOU know he would have denounced the torrent communities and sites.

YOU know this is true. Mike Millard would have called out you and the entitlement community repeatedly.

Quote:
no one but a fucking imbecile would do some shit like that.
Any future FREEZER releases from this point out will include new markings --- go ahead and ban 'em... See if I give a fuck, jimmy-jam.

No one but an imbecile would ban any future releases from my stash.

You have no idea what's in there, and as they slowly leak out, you ain't got the balls to ban my recordings.

But let's see you put your money where your mouth is, James-KY.

Ban 'em, please.

Make your promouncement that you are going to ban any future freezer recordings to surface will be banned at TTD from this point forward, OK? Starting now, Tuesday, November 9, 2010....OK?

I sent out a package last week with some unreleased and uncirculated recordings.

Go ahead and ban 'em.

.....if the person who got 'em isn't already disgusted with the raqmpant entitlement running loose, as exemplified in this thread alone.

AND I'll make a point of offeriung the YES recording from September 29, 1972, recorded in New Orleans Municipal Auditorium, from the same seats where I recorded Led Zeppelin in 1973.

It will be marked audibly, I'm working on it now.

I dare you to ban it.

OR..........You can put up your personal recordings of YES from 1972, jimmy jam. Or your YES recordings from any year....or the Alice in Chains recording you made last month, OK?

Good luck with all that, jimmy.
Old 2010-11-09, 11:37 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Icon6 Re: Can 'audio watermarks' be banned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
Is this really that big a deal?
It's no big deal, unless you're under the delusion that you're entitled to have everytrhing on immediate demand.

Otherwise, a clean copy of this show will eventually appear. (Christ'A Mighty, I'd bet The TooleMan would have made the unbblemished version available himself, IF he hadn't been just ganged up on by the "Gimme-It-On-Demand" crew).

UNLESS you're disturbed by how the taper marked it himself.

Only an imbecile would publicly whine about something so petty as this.

Last edited by freezer; 2010-11-09 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2010-11-10, 03:24 AM
Trader since 1980
2.00 TB/1.46 TB/0.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
Only an imbecile would publicly whine about something so petty as this.
You're surely not suggesting that this can't be discussed in open forum because you think it's 'whining' .....?
Old 2010-11-10, 07:25 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

leave it to bored post whores to take an honest question/concern, skip all intelligent discussion, & turn it into the same rehashed short bus battle we've seen time & again

i hear what yer sayin GRC, i find someone "marking" a recording [and especially one they didn't record & added in post] to be ridiculous and against the philosophy of this site...however, it'd be nearly impossible to police, since if we officially banned it certain folks would then purposely add em without saying so in the info, just to prove they can [cuz they're immature idjuts]
Old 2010-11-10, 08:00 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRC View Post
You're surely not suggesting that this can't be discussed in open forum because you think it's 'whining' .....?
No, I'm mocking Captain Entitlement and his next in command, Lieutenant Strongarm.

Discuss away, but I'm still gonna add markings to my recordings, as did Mike Millard.

Let's see someone ban my recordings across the board........
I'm only sayin'.

werd.
Old 2010-11-10, 08:49 AM
988.69 GB/1.65 TB/1.71

I find calling people names is a surefire way to win an argument. Especially on the internet.
Because his amp was too large
Closed Thread

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions