The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-10-20, 04:01 PM
spiritinaphoto
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Question Is it time to start culling down the number of banners?

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of rotating banners, but at the same time, I think 84 banners and counting is getting excessive (and I confess I've got two banners ready to submit--I know I'm part of the problem ). I think it's time we consider which ones we want to keep and which ones we don't.

Perhaps we should make a limit on the number of banners per artist and have a vote on which banner for a particular artist we think should stay.

Of course, there is a danger that some people might want to get rid of some banners just because they don't like the artist, even though the banner was well-executed, so I think there needs to be some kind of safeguard against this. Perhaps an artistic appeals committee or something.

Or if we don't want to cut down on the number of the banners, maybe it'd be nice if they could be lumped together into a few categories, so a person could choose a category of banners they want to see.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-10-21, 11:42 PM
250.15 GB/491.13 GB/1.96

Re: Is it time to start culling down the number of banners?

Does the one you made take longer to come around now? awww...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-10-22, 12:09 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

People just need to take more time making them or maybe just kinda filter out the crappy ones. I notice that when a lot of people make these banners they dont see how it will fit in with the rest of the site. Look at the original TTD banner, the colors/layout/idea meshed well with the site. Some of those done, and some of them are just god awfully ugly. Many of them feel more as an ad for a band than a banner for a site.
Old 2005-10-22, 02:37 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

There are a lot of banners, but they are made by just a handful of people. I dont' want to take one down just because other people don't want to see it. I think it should be up to the user to tell me they no longer want their banner up.

As for categories, who would decide which category they go into? What if there is a Jamband category but TV submits his GG Allen (or whatever that guys name is) banner and says he wants it in the Jamband category? And then, everyone protests and says Noooo except Spe and TV say Yeeeees. I know I don't feel like handling putting them into categories because I don't know half of these bands and don't want to decide myself.

And then you suggested maybe limiting it by artist. But, what if we say Only Three Pink Floyd banners and four different people submit one?

I would think that if we were going to limit things, it might be better to limit it per person. If someone goes over a certain number of banners, then if they want to submit a new one, they need to say which one they want removed.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions