The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2013-02-07, 08:55 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Re: RIP Freezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr freezer's son View Post
I need you to hear me out. I really am AG Parr's son, Miles. Im only posting one time. In reality he was as crazy and hilarious as he was here. I feel so glad even now that there are so many people that were touched by him. While they didn't do an obituary on him it was probably a heart attack. He WAS massively overweight. Im sure he always talked about me. Now i live in florida with my mom and stepdad, and i am extremely happy. Some of you knew him personally. Thank you for babysitting him. Since he spent all his time on here, im glad he became a celebrity. he was a music genius to say the least. But most of all, he was my dad.

Thank you,
Arthur Miles Parr
Best wishes, Miles. Your dad always spoke very warmly of you. He was quite a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
I hate not being a real man.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2013-02-07, 11:34 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr freezer's son View Post
I need you to hear me out. I really am AG Parr's son, Miles. Im only posting one time. In reality he was as crazy and hilarious as he was here. I feel so glad even now that there are so many people that were touched by him. While they didn't do an obituary on him it was probably a heart attack. He WAS massively overweight. Im sure he always talked about me. Now i live in florida with my mom and stepdad, and i am extremely happy. Some of you knew him personally. Thank you for babysitting him. Since he spent all his time on here, im glad he became a celebrity. he was a music genius to say the least. But most of all, he was my dad.

Thank you,
Arthur Miles Parr
He did talk about you Miles - you were the world to him! I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Old 2014-07-01, 10:11 PM
0.00 KB/270.94 MB/Inf.

Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer

I was there and I can see myself in the photo.

HOWEVER, these Sunday free concerts just weren't a gig for the ABB.

Every band in the area played these Sunday free concerts. As did some upcoming touring acts.

In 1973, the city refused to let this continue in Audubon park, but changed the location to New Orleans' City Park.

I remember seeing Bachman Turner Overweight at one of these Sunday shows, and I have many tapes of local bands at these shows. (no to BTO (can't find the tape), but I did tape a very young Melissa Manchester in her pre-disco "sensitive singer-songwriter" incarnation at one of these shows.)

The one set I really wished I had taped was the Jimmy Buffet portion of the Jimmy Buffet/Chocolate Milk/Dr. John and The Meters free concert, because Jimmy was drunk, kept playing waaay past his allotted time slot, and the crowd started to heckle him.

Buffet decided to challenge one of the hecklers, and a big black dude working for Chocolate Milk jumped up and defended the heckler by yelling at Buffet, telling Buffet to go fuck himself. (Buffet was cutting into the time spot already allotted to Chocolate Milk, and that band was ready to go onstage and were getting pissed off as were their fans.)

Buffet jumped off the stage and was K.O.ed in one shot, before he could raise his fist. They carted Jimmy off in an ambulance. and in 5 minutes Chocolate Milk hit the stage.

Jimmy was O-U-T... period.

One of the funniest things I saw, at any show or concert.

I wasn't planning to tape Chocolate Milk, but I did catch part of their set after that, just because...

Anyway, I'm on the left side of the photo in front of Gregg.

(and yes, I have something from that show... Reggie the Bullet's 8mm home movies, but the film is not just a film of the ABB, but it is mainly home movies of us and our friends.....
Old 2014-07-12, 09:40 PM
pretty when I'm drunk
670.72 GB/635.78 GB/0.95

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA

R.I.P Art...you were good peoples, regardless of what the have-nots thought.
Old 2014-08-04, 03:47 PM
520.32 GB/630.74 GB/1.21

I wonder how long that bonfire of tapes lasted?

NOTE: Still never got my copy of the mono version of 1973-05-14

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Old 2014-10-28, 09:42 PM
0.00 KB/270.94 MB/Inf.

YouTube Video
Old 2014-12-12, 10:50 PM
407.40 GB/717.39 GB/1.76

Freezer was quite a character, and I very much appreciated our private exchanges.
YOU are one cheap and mean petty SOB, pieface....YOU'RE one gluttonous li'l mofo, ain't ya, when it comes right down to it..........And you've never even bothered to tape anything while you enjoy the collection you "earned", as you take "laying on the leg" of all those before you to a new heights. I was talking about YOU not adding to the trade pool........But, hey, considering your knee-jerk response, pieface, you just keep talking, possibly someday you'll say something intelligent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardpie 2006.07.11
Yep. I said that... So I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer 2006.07.12
I've re-evaluated my thoughts on Led Zeppelin collectors, especially on Dr. Mustardpie.
Old 2016-02-08, 03:28 AM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Interesting that in the year before his death, when he was no longer at TTD, stuff like this seemed to be appearing. While these are posted by the official channel with no attribution, freezer has stated that both of these shows were filmed by "Reggie the Bullet." And that RtB had them buried away with no interest in digging them up. Hmm.

Note that it does not have freezer's audio master to this show.

YouTube Video

And this one is synched with the well-known board recording.

YouTube Video

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Old 2016-02-08, 07:53 AM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Hmmm. So what are you suggesting, Freezer sold them to Led Zeppelin before checking out?

The real crime is that one video is only available in 240p.
Old 2016-02-08, 12:03 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

It's possible. It's also possible that he just passed them on to someone who would make sure they got out. Or maybe "Reggie" passed them along himself.

I know the Hendrix estate bought Art's Hendrix master. He seemed to have mixed feelings about it, as it's never come out from them.

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Old 2016-02-10, 04:06 PM
76.13 GB/115.38 GB/1.52

That Baton Rouge footage was available for years before Freezer died. I remember downloading a silent version of it. The audio is from the previous night in Birmingham. Don't know the full story of the Lewisville footage though.
Old 2016-03-12, 10:18 PM
109.26 GB/42.59 GB/0.39

You are way off on the 5/19 footage Rspencer. The reason I know is I released it many years ago on the FBO message board. Sometime in the late 90's as I recall. Art had nothing to do with it nor did any Reggie the bullet lol. It was silent there is no audio with the original 8mm. Audio was added later. To the best of my knowledge no audio has ever been made available from the 5/19 show. I have always been curious if Art actually recorded it. If he did I imagine it will never see the light of day as I guess his masters are probably boxed up in one of his relatives attics or worse in a landfill somewhere. Does anyone know what became of Arts masters? I dont collect anymore haven't in a decade but I hate to think that his masters were lost forever.
Old 2016-03-14, 04:11 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Thanks for the info. I thought it was interesting and possible, never stated it had come via Art.

Other than the packages he sent out to various people, I assume the bulk of his unreleased recordings are lost, until any evidence to the contrary shows up.

Quote:
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Old 2016-03-20, 05:00 AM
TTD VIP
261.85 GB/2.28 TB/8.92

frezer was a complete asshole and will always be remembered as such .....................................
Old 2016-03-21, 06:33 AM
World-Class Slack-Ass
713.86 GB/0.98 TB/1.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorzap View Post
frezer was a complete asshole and will always be remembered as such .....................................
And now everyone knows that doctorzap is a world-class asshole who needs to have the shit beaten out of him.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
freezer