The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2008-02-15, 05:23 AM
4.11 GB/5.05 GB/1.23

login

Every time I look at the torrent list and go from page to page this site asks me to login.
Why is this?

Gary
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2008-02-15, 09:22 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: login

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsong View Post
Every time I look at the torrent list and go from page to page this site asks me to login.
Why is this?

Gary
You need to be logged in to see the torrent list - it is not available to see if you are just a Guest (or a spider ). Make sure you check the Remember Me box when you login.

Old 2008-02-16, 08:40 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

I have been a member here for a long long time and I get the same thing even though it says thank you for loging in I cannot access the torrents page.
Old 2008-02-16, 10:11 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I guess I'm not sure what you are saying. If I log on with my test account and go to the torrents page, I don't get asked to login again. If I click on any link on the torrents page, I'm still fine, even links to the next twenty torrents on the page (like from here to here). Can someone explain better what is happening and what browser and what OS and how long it has been happening?

Old 2008-02-16, 11:09 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

after hitting the link for this site I was sent to the login page where I logged in and I got the thank you for loging in page, I was then redirected to the main page but when I clicked the audio torrents link I was sent to the not logged in page.

I backed up my browser to the main page and tried some of the other links and they worked fine so I was a bit confused as to why I couldnt open the torrents page, checking links is how I saw this thread in the first place and I was relieved that I was not the only one.

I have tried again and I got in fine so I dont know what the problem is and its happed before. its not that big of a deal its just a bit wierd thats all.
Old 2008-02-17, 10:34 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtiphi View Post
after hitting the link for this site I was sent to the login page where I logged in and I got the thank you for loging in page, I was then redirected to the main page but when I clicked the audio torrents link I was sent to the not logged in page.

I backed up my browser to the main page and tried some of the other links and they worked fine so I was a bit confused as to why I couldnt open the torrents page, checking links is how I saw this thread in the first place and I was relieved that I was not the only one.

I have tried again and I got in fine so I dont know what the problem is and its happed before. its not that big of a deal its just a bit wierd thats all.
Thanks for writing again. Can you just clarify something? I thought we were talking about the torrents page (here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...s.php?tor=list ), but here you said Audio torrents and I'm think that is the forums (here: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...aysprune=&f=12).

Also, when you log in, are you checking the Remember Me box or not? And has this login/not-logged-in issue been going on the whole time you have been a member, or just recently (and if so, about how long)?

Old 2008-02-17, 10:29 PM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Hi Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post

Also, when you log in, are you checking the Remember Me box or not? And has this login/not-logged-in issue been going on the whole time you have been a member, or just recently (and if so, about how long)?

I always check the remember me box ( although none of the sites I frequent seem to remember me ) and this is the torrent page I was talking about http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...splay.php?f=12

Its happend 3 times that I can remember and it was only within the last couple months, it doesnt happen a lot its just a little weird when it does.

thanks for trying to figure it out
Old 2008-02-17, 10:39 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtiphi View Post
Hi Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post

I always check the remember me box ( although none of the sites I frequent seem to remember me ) and this is the torrent page I was talking about http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...splay.php?f=12

Its happend 3 times that I can remember and it was only within the last couple months, it doesnt happen a lot its just a little weird when it does.

thanks for trying to figure it out
Hmmm, I thought originally this was about the other torrents page. Now this is really confusing. The link is to a standard vbulletin forum page (not like the other torrents page which is one I coded). I can't imagine why that page would log you out.

Did this perhaps start happening around the beginning of December which is when we upgraded to the new version of vbulletin software? The only other major change we have done to the site was last September when we upgraded the hardware on our webserver and had to reinstall php.

I'll have to think about this one cuz it is really weird.

Old 2008-02-22, 04:56 PM
4.11 GB/5.05 GB/1.23

I click the remember me - it never does
and continually asks me to log in on virtually every page I go to.
This is the only site where I have this problem, so I don't think its a problem with cookies.
Gary
Old 2008-02-22, 05:02 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff
87.48 GB/884.33 GB/10.11

you guys - try adding this site to your trusted sites list and see if it will then allow TTD to set the cookie.

in IE, Tools>Options>Security>Trusted Sites>"Sites" button>

in here, UNCHECK the option to require HTTPS for the entries BEFORE you put the URL in the box. Then add:

*.thetradersden.org

to the trusted sites box, save (OK), hit LOGOUT on the TTD site (if you are still on it), close all internet explorer windows. Open IE again, come back to the site an log in. See if it will set the cookie now.

ALSO:

also, add this site as an allowed cookie setter...
in IE:

Tools>options>DELETE COOKIES

then,

Tools>options>privacy
click the SITES button

add
thetradersden.com
and click the ALLOW button

also add
www.thetradersden.com
and cilck the ALLOW button
to add to the list.

again, save it all, close IE windows (all) and re open and log in.

sometimes, the cookie gets screwed up if you have entered the sit through either www.thetradersden.com or http://thetradersden.com, etc and the cookie is set to the opposite. Adding both to the ALLOW list may fix it.
Old 2008-02-22, 08:36 PM
TTD VIP
9.85 TB/23.44 TB/2.38

here's a noob question
wtf is a spider (as compared to a guest)?
thanks.
peace.
Old 2008-02-22, 08:49 PM
The Music Guru!
27.05 GB/110.53 GB/4.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckhead View Post
here's a noob question
wtf is a spider (as compared to a guest)?
thanks.
peace.
Like the yahoo and google bots or whatever they're called that lurk here, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Old 2008-02-22, 09:21 PM
TTD VIP
9.85 TB/23.44 TB/2.38

oh...
thanks.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:13 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Hey guys, someone else had something similar happening and I had him delete all the cookies for the site and then log back in and he said this seemed to fix the problem. So, you may want to try that method.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions