The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-10-11, 06:56 PM
241.61 GB/353.36 GB/1.46

Jam to this

Jam to this website was hacked yesterday, here's the email:
Hey bullpinjohn ,

Just yesterday, we had a hacker attack on our server. Unfortunately it crippled a lot of the services of the site, but everything has been pretty much restored back to normal.

However, some of the attachment directories that hold all the .torrent files were corrupted in the attack, so many of the newer files have been lose. Unfortunately our older backups do not contain the files we need.

So basically I am asking anyone that has copies of the actual .torrent files they have downloaded from the site, (or if you are the original creator), to email the files to me, as I am going to try to manual re-create the attachment database best I can. Any torrent that was on the older tracker or the new one, if you have the .torrent file for it, please email it to me at [email protected]. Whatever you have, just send them, it would be greatly appreciated as we try to get the site running back to normal.

Thank you very much for your support and assistance.

Brett
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-10-11, 09:06 PM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

Re: Jam to this

Damn, that sucks.
Old 2006-10-12, 10:10 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

October 12, 2006 (7:50 AM PDT)

Here's another update, and actually some good news. I was able to figure out how to restore the lost attachments from all the ones you guys have been sending me, so we're going to be back in business. It's going to take me probably 2 days or so to get them all restored, but definitely very good news. I've gotten a lot of files, so I'm thinking we won't lose many if any at all when it comes down to it.

I can't thank all of you enough for the support and for taking the time to find torrent files that you got from this site.

Please keep sending me torrent files if you find more to [email protected]. As I get more I'll keep putting them back in as well. I'll update you guys tomorrow where am I on the restore, let you know how it's going. But I think we're on the road to recovery.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Brett

Old 2006-10-13, 06:44 PM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

October 13, 2006 (10:15 AM PDT)

Update for today. I've re-uploaded about 200 torrent files, I was able to save about 600 real old ones from a backup. I still have a ton more to do and I anticipate re-opening the site on Sunday, 10/15. So it's getting close. But I can still use more torrent files from the site if you have them.

I can't thank all of you enough for the support and for taking the time to find torrent files that you got from this site.

Please keep sending me torrent files if you find more to [email protected]. As I get more I'll keep putting them back in as well. I'll update you guys tomorrow where am I on the restore, let you know how it's going. But I think we're on the road to recovery.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Brett
Old 2006-10-13, 09:06 PM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

i become more convinced every day that there is a secret society of torrent site operators. they have secret meetings and identify each other with secret handshakes, and when one is attacked the rest rise to his (or her) defense.
Old 2006-10-13, 09:40 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You are right. There is a secret society. But I can't tell you anymore about it cuz I don't really want to kill you.

Old 2006-10-13, 10:02 PM
toys
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

if i start my own site can i be invited to join the secret society? or will you and hal and the DAD and Jamtothis guys just sit around and make fun of me still?
Old 2006-10-13, 10:12 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

We will make fun of you at first, and then when you have 1000 members, we will accept you into our "Secret" forum/society.

Old 2006-10-14, 12:08 PM
Wooooooooooot!
42.95 GB/73.16 GB/1.70

Assemble TEAM!@

Old 2006-10-15, 12:06 AM
blah? blahblah..
46.35 GB/14.07 GB/0.30

Pretty shitty when someone fucks with all your hard work

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions