The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2006-05-24, 02:59 PM
1.92 TB/3.49 TB/1.82

Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

Hi,

I tried to start a new download (Bad Company dvd-9) and also get the same info hash error message as above mentioned a few times already.

I have bit torrent 3.4.1
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-05-24, 03:03 PM
onemysticlove
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Unhappy Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I'm on BitTorrent Client 4.4.1 for OSX, and I downloaded the torrent file for the PROJECT_MIDNIGHT_SUNRISE-1.NTSC.DVD9.torrent again today. However, when I open the new torrent, I get the following message:

Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: Hi PMonk Invalid passkey (0 - )

Isn't this the message that appears if I don't download the new torrent? Am I doing something wrong?

Peace,
Okemo
Old 2006-05-24, 03:04 PM
1.36 TB/1.28 TB/0.95

Question Re: Passkey Tracker coming on Wednesday....

I've stopped all of my torrents, but the one that's finally giving me good speeds (it said 30 days to go yesterday and now it says six). I've downloaded fresh torrents, cleared the windows, and tried to start again, but so far it doesn't work. I get an error with no explaination in the log -- it says "error; see log for error details," but the log reads "download completed, download started." I use BitTorrent 4.4.1. I can't bear to stop the last one until the new torrents work. I have a number of files to continue seeding so I can get my ratio up -- I'm new and went a little nuts my first weekend doing this! Any ideas on what I can do to get them started again?
Old 2006-05-24, 03:19 PM
354.09 GB/162.45 GB/0.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Those of you getting the error with bittornado, do you happen to have another client installed where you can see if this works with that one? Also, what version of bittornado are you using.

(And thanks for your patience, we will get this figured out!)
I've tried with utorrent and azureus as well but I got the same error ("unable to open")

My version of bit tornado is 0.3.8
Old 2006-05-24, 03:21 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, I'm trying different things with the announce.php script to try to fix this for some of you. I'm trying to incorporate some stuff from our old tracker into this one and I'm hopefully not breaking it for other people along the way. Let me know if things change for any of you along the way.

Old 2006-05-24, 03:22 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

novella, are you making sure to remove the old torrent from your client before you add the new personalized one? I know I will get an error from Azureus if I forget to do that.

Old 2006-05-24, 03:33 PM
self proclaimed
669.91 GB/687.74 GB/1.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSandman II
I get this:

I'm getting this same error
Old 2006-05-24, 03:43 PM
1.36 TB/1.28 TB/0.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschmeaux
I've stopped all of my torrents, but the one that's finally giving me good speeds (it said 30 days to go yesterday and now it says six). I've downloaded fresh torrents, cleared the windows, and tried to start again, but so far it doesn't work. I get an error with no explaination in the log -- it says "error; see log for error details," but the log reads "download completed, download started." I use BitTorrent 4.4.1. I can't bear to stop the last one until the new torrents work. I have a number of files to continue seeding so I can get my ratio up -- I'm new and went a little nuts my first weekend doing this! Any ideas on what I can do to get them started again?
I just tried joining torrents that are now running again, but got: "Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: (info_hash = '' OR info_hash = '' OR info_hash = 'da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709') : torrent not registered with this tracker"
Old 2006-05-24, 03:44 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

OK, I just made another couple of changes. I'm doing this kinda slowly cuz I don't want to screw this up for those for whom this is working.

All this input is helpful, guys!

Old 2006-05-24, 03:45 PM
354.09 GB/162.45 GB/0.46

Quote:
novella, are you making sure to remove the old torrent from your client before you add the new personalized one? I know I will get an error from Azureus if I forget to do that.
yes i'm sure
Old 2006-05-24, 03:50 PM
831.46 GB/2.61 TB/3.22

Removed PH11/19/96 and PLQ4/18/01 (seeds), redownloaded the torrents from their threads, they're both doing fine. UM5/17/02 (download), did the same thing and it's checking the entire file (for my external drive it takes a few hours depending on the size).

Using Azureus - doesn't seem to be giving me any problems. If anyone else is using Azureus, it should work.

Anyone can PM me if they need some help, I'll be on the site until later on tonight.
Old 2006-05-24, 03:51 PM
217.40 GB/105.36 GB/0.48

i have two finished show on my hard drive that i was sharing. i downloaded the torrent file and opened bt up and it gave me tracker erros what due i do??
Old 2006-05-24, 03:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You are correct, deadissue, Azureus and uTorrent seem to be doing OK. BitTornado has had a few people complain and also BitTorrent.

I'll continue trying to figure out why those clients are having issues.

Old 2006-05-24, 04:01 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Quote:
You are correct, deadissue, Azureus and uTorrent seem to be doing OK. BitTornado has had a few people complain and also BitTorrent.

I'll continue trying to figure out why those clients are having issues.
I tried BitTornado 3.8 again and still getting hash error. Although in uTorrent I notice I am connected to some bitTornado clients? I even tried a different browser (IE) to D/L the torrent file but same problem. FWIW never had issues on Dime with BitTornado.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-05-24, 04:02 PM
268.83 GB/543.55 GB/2.02

Deleted the old torrent files on a couple of ones that I am a seeder or leecher and re-downloaded the torrent files from original thread. Giving errors. Using Bittorent 4.4.1 on a mac. Any toughts?

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions