The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2007-02-05, 08:29 PM
37.70 GB/16.02 GB/0.42

New user - cant open torrent links in TTD.

Hi, I'm new to treaders den. When I click a torrent link a new internet explorer window opens and does nothing. I cant close it, I have to kill it in task manager (along with all other open ie windows). Why cant I download torrents??
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2007-02-05, 08:48 PM
77.81 GB/134.92 GB/1.73

Re: New user - cant open torrent links in TTD.

Right click and hit "save target as". Save the torrent and open it from your hd with your client. Don't bother trying to directly open it.
Old 2007-02-05, 11:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Or it may be that you need to enable pop-ups for this site. The torrents pop-up a window that asks you what to do with the file (open or download the file).

Old 2007-02-06, 05:45 AM
37.70 GB/16.02 GB/0.42

Was IE7's pop up blocker, just added thetradersden.org to the allowed site list. Thanks
Old 2007-04-02, 10:05 AM
schmifty
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

I am having this same problem downloading a .torrent file but the suggested solutions don't seem to work for me... When I right click and save as, the File Download window does come up but no progress is made, it just continues to say "getting file info...". When I left-click instead, I get that blank Explorer window. I am running Vista... I turned off the firewalls and I added www.thetradersden.org to my allowed pop-ups list, but it doesn't seem to make a difference (doesn't look like any pop-ups are getting blocked, anyway). I feel like I must be doing something really basic incredibly wrong. Any ideas? Thanks so much.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:38 PM
schmifty
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Nevermind, problem solved - I was on the network at my college at the time, and it turns out that thing has tons of restrictions on it. I.T. confirmed that the school's network settings caused the problem. I am at home now and the downloads work.
Old 2007-04-04, 10:28 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

I'm glad both the posters having problems with this came back and wrote about their solution. Hopefully this thread can help someone else who may have the same problem.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble