The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2022-06-13, 04:46 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Re: Shame on you, admins

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...50#post3145650

The search function works fine. Just have to limit what you put in and check the box "search titles only". For example, if you want Cheap Trick shows, just search 'cheap' (without symbols) and check the box for titles only.

Another option is the tag search by date yyyy-mm-dd. If people key the info correctly on the upload page in the artist name, and not put things like () or opening acts, and use the drop down boxes for the date, you will get the right results.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2022-06-13, 05:10 PM
3.03 TB/1.46 TB/0.48

Anyone that has never heard of MySql should definitely shut their yaps. The custom templates of sites like this one make upgrading components like apache, or MySql tricky to say the least, especially Vbulletin forums with trackers stitched to them. Starting over with something like Gazelle [think redacted or Orpheus] is probably less work, but still requires above average coding skills and plenty of time. Also if you do that, it's unlikely you could import any data, hence you lose your history. Never fails the ones that bitch the most contribute the least.

Hey! If every active member pitched in 3 little dollars, you'd have enough to pay for a whole new site build and have enough leftover to cover a year of the host lease! Simply do a private gofundme, less than a coffee at DD for crying out loud! This Place has given to you for 17 yrs, maybe it's time to give back, instead of abusing the staff.

Last edited by marksg; 2022-06-13 at 06:02 PM.
Old 2022-06-13, 11:26 PM
TTD VIP
567.29 GB/2.37 TB/4.28

OK, I'm stuck replying to two messages at once and I can't tell for sure whether the second was addressed to me or the first poster, so take the following with a grain of salt.

Apparently I haven't tried everything regarding search, since I only use it rarely and have a workaround. I go to Search This Forum and enter something (simple) and it goes to an error page as follows:

Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.

Pushing the back button and reloading of course doesn't help. I admit I have not clicked Search Titles Only, not obvious why that would help except it might get rid of some spurious results. Like I said, clicking fm (probably any Filtering Option) makes the search work.

I do not have experience with databases and their search functions, so I have no idea how much work is involved here, I merely point out one of the issues. You know, your reply seemed crankier than my post. Anyhow, I am all aboard for a fundraiser, and would chip in $6 dollars to cover one slacker (assuming your calculation is correct). I could even be talked into more if I thought it would really help.
Old 2022-06-29, 10:48 AM
0.98 TB/7.25 TB/7.39

Why is TTD so flakey when trying to connect?

I have been having a lot of issues trying to connect to TTD. It is like playing a roulette wheel when I try and connect. When I say try to connect I mean go to the TTD home page, search TTD or follow a link on a TTD page. There is a high probability that I will get a time out error, connection rerset or a server is down error. It has been like this for a couple of years now but the error rate seems to be increasing. The last week it is under 50/50 that I will successfully connect on my first try. I can not be the only one to be experiencing this.

It can't be good for your servers - if I have to keep sending requests because of the errors. Is there anything that can be done to address the problem?

BTW no VPN is involved.

BTW 2 got a connection reset error trying to post this
Old 2022-09-07, 06:57 PM
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Shame on you admins. You seemed to have fixed the site, but we still don't have emojis. Emojis > Site Performance for shitposting. I need to tell a certain Russian to go back to sucking on Putin's �� ��.
Old 2022-09-12, 06:05 PM
Independent collector
68.03 GB/677.00 GB/9.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryholmes View Post
Shame on you admins. You seemed to have fixed the site, but we still don't have emojis. Emojis > Site Performance for shitposting. I need to tell a certain Russian to go back to sucking on Putin's �� ��.
Now look what you've gone and done.
All these complaints and now they're shutting the site down.
You and your emojis.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions