The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2015-03-27, 10:12 AM
179.68 GB/851.76 GB/4.74

hello

Hello everyone
This site is a wonder to me because I love the hard rock of the seventies. I am 53 years old, I'm a girl. I do not speak English because of my dyslexia but fortunately there are translators.
What are the rules here for the ratio? because I downloaded bootlegs and I'm going to make the seed to be correct. I let my long torrents on my seebox but I do not believe in positive return before long.
Good kisses of the Riviera in France, I send you full of sunshine
Marleneange
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2015-03-27, 10:35 AM
Purveyor of the Eclectic
TTD VIP
41.37 GB/5.66 TB/140.17

Re: hello

Copied from the FAQ:

Quote:
The BitTorrent community relies on everyone active on a torrent to share while they are downloading. This eliminates the need for large files to be hosted on central servers and instead shifts the burden of uploading to many peers from one central server the combined bandwidth of everyone connected. If you download more than you upload, this ideology of sharing is undermined, and the community cannot function properly.
For this reason, we request that everyone who is active in a seed remains connected after completing until they have uploaded at least what they've downloaded; this shows up in some clients as the "share ratio" which should be more than 1 before disconnecting from the seed.

We are sympathetic to the plight of capped upstreams that many people have, but even under the harshest of caps (128 Kbps) all users must maintain at least a 0.5 share ratio. For those lucky ones amongst us with higher upsream caps (384 Kbps or higher) please try maintain a share ratio of 1.5 or higher. Remember, in order for a BitTorrent community to flourish, everyone must make the most of their resources. Otherwise, leechers will leave, seeders will stop seeding, and our site will fail. Sharing is good, it helps keep our site strong, and it guarantees that we will be able to continue serving the trading community.

How can I increase my ratio?
Many users have said that they finish a download and then there is no one else who wants the show, so they are unable to reach a ratio of 1:1 on a show. Other users have complained about not being able to upload as fast as they can download and so they don't understand how they can possible reach a 1:1 ratio at all. So, here are a few things that people can do:

make sure you have your ports forwarded through your router or modem and through your PC firewall and any virus detection software. To find out how to forward your ports, go to PortForward.com
get on a new torrent right away, don't get onto an old torrent
make sure you have your upload rate set to 80% or it's maximum so you are uploading a lot but still are able to download
only get on one or two torrents at a time and stay on each of them until you reach 1:1 and then go onto a new torrent
watch the list of Torrents Needing Seeds and help someone out who is stranded.
Also, please note that many people have a capped upload from their ISP and the way they reach a 1:1 ratio is to seed the show for a couple of days after they have finished downloading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock View Post
People suck. I'd rather look at memes and gifs of people doing stupid shit that confirms my misanthropic views than actually deal with their shit face to face.
Old 2015-03-27, 12:01 PM
179.68 GB/851.76 GB/4.74

yes, I downloaded a lot of old torrents but I have a seed box based on low country Seede 24/24 and will keep seed in all that I downloaded here but it will take some time for my ratio goes, I do not want to be banned too quickly before my ratio goes up, otherwise I can download new torrents I do not need just to make up my ratio but it takes time as, if not at the start is to balance that with a small donation paybal we just have a credit seed to start (I'm correct person) I do not want to cheat, it is necessary that this community can live because this site is awesome
Old 2015-03-27, 12:40 PM
1.99 TB/1.77 TB/0.89

you will never get banned here no matter what your ratio is
Old 2015-03-27, 02:33 PM
For cryin' out loud !
253.11 GB/484.93 GB/1.92

Welcome aboard and enjoy ! As Homebrew stated you will not get banned due to ratio. Two practices that I follow are that once I download a show I leave it seeding for at least a month. I also always leave a thank you in the comments of torrents I download.

Have fun !

jr.

But what if the one guy is right and the 10,000 is wrong

Remember to give the Staff/mods and everyone all the respect they have earned !
Old 2015-03-27, 06:12 PM
179.68 GB/851.76 GB/4.74

Thumbs up Re: hello

Oh yes, as I do not speak English, I forget to say thank you, I'll think about it because I think very strong and my ratio will rise gradually as I leave everything I takes seed, but when we come here, there are so many beautiful few things I'm taking a frenzy of all these musical diamonds found.
Thank you for your answers
Old 2015-04-01, 03:38 AM
179.68 GB/851.76 GB/4.74

I was very surprised to see my ratio up very rapidly, especially since I chose as my taste without worrying about the popularity of the torrent.
I am very happy that this site exists because it is wonderful for someone like me who likes hard rock and the music of the seventies without speaking English, but your site is easy to use. I have a seedbox at the low countries, because in my country France, one can be punished for illegal download and therefore I can seeder 24/24.
I'll leave to thank my torrents in place as long as possible as I have of the place.
With my gratitude and thanks
Marlene
Old 2015-04-01, 11:25 PM
TTD Hoarder
TTD Staff
326.11 GB/317.06 GB/0.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
you will never get banned here no matter what your ratio is
Well, you will never be banned here because of your ratio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
Sometimes im dense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbullet View Post
I hate not being a real man.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble