The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

View Poll Results: Should we ban mindless leechers?
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 1.0 27 4.03%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.75 29 4.33%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.50 131 19.55%
Yes, If their share ratio is less than 0.25 158 23.58%
No, not under any circumstances. Let karma take over! 201 30.00%
Give them a warning and allow them to make up for their wrongdoing by ul'ing constantly. 177 26.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-05-26, 05:36 PM
Greedy Corporation
TTD Staff
73.48 GB/423.76 GB/5.77

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
I don't know what "community" you are referring to since there really is none these days just a bunch of why should I do anything to foward my hobby, I'll just download it when someone else does all the leg work and then bitch and whine if the well isn't giving up the goods they want or at the pace they think it should.
Are you just referring to the Zeppelin community? Because with taping in general, certainly your statement is not true. There are plenty of people out there taping and sharing and having a good old time enjoying the music. Sharing via torrenting is one part of that overall enjoyment.

If you are referring specifically to the Zeppelin community, it seems to me there has always been a core group of people doing a lot of the work. Well, really most clubs and communities work that way. In any case, yes, there are the "gimmies" too, but I don't think it's a fair characterization to say there is no community, as one would commonly use that word.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2009-05-27, 02:41 PM
547.15 GB/330.27 GB/0.60

Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Yes, ban the thoughtless ones but I suggest we leave the nice polite ones who say thanks when they download a recording alone.

Steve
Old 2009-05-27, 03:40 PM
73.33 GB/168.99 GB/2.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
No matter what, it remains none of anybody's business anyway.

No matter who whines about 'dirty laundry'... who cares, really?

And believe it.....ain't NONE of Mike Millard's MASTERS in circulation anyway, no matter who says what.

I traded with Mike personally. I handed him tapes and received tapes in my hand in return.

And I don't think that he ever let copies of any of his master tapes out EVER.

And my cassettes have j-cards in his handwriting.

And since you want to talk about dirty laundry, AND only because YOU mentioned it..... who is it that feels the need to lie about Mike Millard's recordings?

No one would have any idea about that subject except you and a trade partner, AND ONLY because you brought it up.

Now I'm sure everybody is curious.

Who is is that claims to have Millard's masters? (Or copies of the masters to trade around... OK, don't bring up any names, because I'm sure no one wants to be laughed at, for such a huge whopper of a lie....)

I've heard some wild story that someone claims to have 1st gen VHS tapes but somehow, these have 'evolved' into MASTERS.

Is THAT what you're referring to???

The only person who could give out any verifiable generaions on any Millard recordings is Mike the Mike himself.

PERIOD.

Oh, and 'wacky' -- I am NOT 'saintly' and I never wanted to be ever consider as such. Someone's jumping to a conclusion.

Personally, I have a very high degree of disdain for anybody that feels they deserve any more information from me than I'm willing to impart.

So, if you wanna discuss this in private, I'd LOVE to know about bogus lineage on Millard recordings, ......now THAT would be an interesting topic.

Why, it should start the entire Led Zepplein community pissing and moaning about all the bogus Millard Masters they're NOW passing around.....
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Assumption #1 on your part, the tapes are being called masters. Wrong the generation is not the point of contention never was. They are not masters nor is anybody under any false pretentions that they are. And yes the cassette tapes have j-cards with Millard's personal artwork and the owner of this set of tapes met Millard personally at least on 1 occasion I know of and the tapes were received directly from Millard not through a third party.

Assumption #2 on your part, they are part of a trade. Wrong again, I am helping out trying to determine the pedigree of the tapes, are the tapes marked or are they better/worse than known copies floating around. The generation of the tapes are irrelvant here only the sound quality of what is on them is the relevant issue outside the markings. This person is not part of the "community" you so love or even part of the download scene. If they want I will also be digitizing the tapes like I have for other audio and video items in their collection. The intentions are not trade but circulate them if they turn out to be anything special. That is TBD still.

Assumption #3, I concluded you are saintly. Wrong that is an observation not a conclusion you may turn out to make the Marquis De Sade look like Mother Teresah in comparison or vice versa.

Assumption #4, if you are insinuating I am asking you for more information than you are willing to impart. Wrong, I didn't ask you for shit you are the one butted in like a nosey badinsky in the first place.

You know what they say about those that Assume............

I did leave myself wide open for you to pry after you butted in but I try to practice what I preach. You should try the same and mind your own business

If you manage to calm down and have a moment of lucidity when you are done trying insinuating that everything zeppelin related is owned by liars and scumbags, if you still want to discuss the tapes in more detail privately in a rational and adult manner the offer is still open.
Old 2009-05-27, 06:54 PM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, I'm there NOW.......woohoo.....

Don't mind me while I get in my shots at someone I hate, I'll be a big man back at the Hotel if I can get a few shots in at Freezer...

If I manage to calm down and have a moment of lucidity throughout all my lies and bullshit, I'll have proven without a shadow of any doubt that everything zeppelin related is owned by liars and scumbags, if you still want to discuss the tapes in more detail privately in a rational and adult manner the offer is still open, but ONLY if I can get in the last word.
FTFY, wacky......

Try this is you need lucid, That is, IF you're finished making your own ASSumptions, wacky... Everything circulating in that Led Zeppelin community that you're a part of IS of questionable lineage and pedigree, thanks to the Hotel's proprietor... Have some more kool-aids and drink deep.....

Start here, if you want to see just how fucked up the Led Zeppelin community really is.....
I hope you enjoyed the 2/28/75 audience tape....BUT what lineage are YOU claiming today on that one?

And if you really want proper pedigree and lineage on ANY Mike Millard recordings in circulation, try this "GENERATION: UNKNOWN" and that remains something that ONLY the taper can clear up. Anything on your part can at best be labelled as SPECULATION, wacky.

And that's the fucking truth, like it or not..... ("trying to determine the pedigree of the tapes..." with what, more speculation OR more lies, anything else is just BULLSHIT. No, then ask Mike Millard otherwise, it's only speculation OR LIES, nothing else... )

And if you think I butted in, sorry, your ASSumption there is not only wrong, it's just a fucking lie on your part, wacky... I was here before YOU butted in, wacky. All you needed to do was look, before you mouthed off.

But what are we to expect from anyone living at THAT Hotel......

NOW, would you like to take this private, wacky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!

Last edited by freezer; 2009-05-27 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2009-05-27, 07:10 PM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Take it to pm
Old 2009-05-28, 09:30 AM
TTD VIP
312.11 GB/140.49 GB/0.45

No wait, pretty please keep it here
Old 2009-05-28, 10:21 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4life View Post
No wait, pretty please keep it here
NO!

Old 2009-06-10, 02:45 AM
229.55 GB/440.35 GB/1.92

Couldn't this Millard guy clean up the matter personally?
Old 2009-06-11, 10:12 AM
TTD VIP
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

He won't.

And furthermore, he probably would be despised at the Hotel if he did.

That's why there are so many LZ recordings in circulation now with bogus information accompanying the recording.

Quote:
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!
Old 2009-06-13, 08:05 AM
Brer Rabbit
515.65 GB/192.99 GB/0.37

why improve the ratio if you suggest they
"offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community"
instead of uploading constantly..
Are B&P's or freebies going to make a RATIO difference?

it just doesn't make sense

Banning people is like a witch hunt

How do you know that person isn't going to fix the err of their ways and then start sharing... Not everyone is perfect from the get go..
sometimes we all need a little encouragement....
practice what you are preaching - lead by example

cheers
Old 2009-06-13, 08:08 AM
Brer Rabbit
515.65 GB/192.99 GB/0.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Ewing View Post
Couldn't this Millard guy clean up the matter personally?

I thought he died a while ago..

Others were saying "Oh No, What if all his tapes are discarded as trash.."

If I am wrong and it was someone else then No Offense
Old 2009-06-13, 08:17 AM
Brer Rabbit
515.65 GB/192.99 GB/0.37

Re: Should we ban mindless leechers?

Quote:
The big problem is..... we aren't just a torrent site, like DIME. It would be easy to think of banning or limiting uploads for people with low ratios if all we were was a torrent site. But, what about those that download and then offer a Vine for every show they get? That is 'giving away' a whole show, kinda like uploading that amount to someone. Or, what about those that offer up a ton of B&Ps? The whole reason I added a list of Vines and B&Ps to a person's profile is so people can see if they offered them and then take that into consideration along with the ratio when they are asked to open a window.

These guys who have poor ratios and then come around asking for reseeds probably have a much lower chance of a reseed than someone who has a good ratio or someone who has also started Vines or offered B&Ps. Karma comes around to get them. Notice how that dudogger guy didn't even like the fact that we *show* ratios. He knows he is getting judged by it and doesn't like it (and may be embarrassed by it). I figure karma comes around to get these guys. Maybe not now, maybe not next week, but they will ask for a show to get reseeded and will have people ignore the request because of their ratio and lack of giving in other ways.

Well Stated
Old 2009-06-13, 08:26 AM
Brer Rabbit
515.65 GB/192.99 GB/0.37

Should we ban thoughtless thread makers from making thoughtless threads?
Old 2009-06-14, 12:48 AM
This Space For Rent
28.70 GB/31.19 GB/1.09

Look proper torrent ettiquette is what ever you d/l you have to upload if you can stay longer fine. Remember companies like Comcast only give you 250gb per month.....
Old 2009-06-15, 09:42 AM
386.81 GB/2.05 TB/5.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklejimbo View Post
Look proper torrent ettiquette is what ever you d/l you have to upload if you can stay longer fine. Remember companies like Comcast only give you 250gb per month.....
thats not necessarily true, I had high speed broadband with comcast for years and was never capped and I downloaded tons of stuff every month but was only able to give out a little when compared to what I took in.

ratios are a bit misleading due to the fact that you can download a show with many seeders in a few minutes but try uploading the same amount can take weeks because you have slow upload speeds
now does that make you a bad person because you cannot afford a connection that has a high upload rate?

since I got fios my download speeds are around 2MB/s and upload speeds are upwards from 6/700kb/s which makes maintaining a rat easy as I can give out 50 or 60 gigs in a few hours. try that with an upload speed of 30kb/s and see how far you get.

the only people who should be banned are those with fast upload speeds who do not maintain a healthy rat, but how do you police that? how do you prove a person has a fast connection

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Tags
uberleechers