The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2005-02-12, 01:43 PM
1.20 TB/560.01 GB/0.46

Question Please help...failing hash check constantly!!!

Hello all!!! First thanks to all for seeding these sick Phish shows...I am so pumped to see some of them coming out. I have a question though, I have been DLing torrents for some time, and just recently on three of the Phish videos from this site, I have been failing hash check on the very last piece of the torrent at 99.9% for about 4 to 5 days in a row. I tried pausing, and disconnecting, restarting my comp, and trying again. I finally got one to finish, but only after I DL'ed over twice the size of the torrent. This is very strange, and I was wondering if anyone knows why this happens, or what I can do to stop it or limit it. Please drop me a line and let me know what's up. This is killing my share ratio, and also wasting days of DL time. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks again and peace!!!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-02-12, 01:46 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: Please help...failing hash check constantly!!!

Have you tried stopping and running the md5 checksums on the files you have to see if they are complete already? Or to find out which file is incomplete and then perhaps rename it and restart the torrent and just redownload that one piece.

Old 2005-02-12, 01:49 PM
1.20 TB/560.01 GB/0.46

Hey, thanks for the blazing fast response. I have not tried running the MD5's. I have never tried this for my videos, I usually just drop it into MKWACT for music, but for video, how do I actually do that?? What program do I use for this?? Thanks again for the quick reply!!!
Old 2005-02-12, 01:56 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You would use the same program. Sometimes you need to put the md5 file in the VIDEO_TS folder to run it. Sometimes you don't. It depends on how the seeder made it. The program will give you an error right away if you ran it from the wrong place.

Old 2005-02-12, 01:59 PM
1.20 TB/560.01 GB/0.46

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Old 2005-02-14, 12:09 AM
1.20 TB/560.01 GB/0.46

Ok, I am still constantly failing hash check lately on all of the torrents I have been downloading here. I have done the MD5 verification on them, and the files are not complete, and I cannot burn the dvd's. They will simply not play. I have never had this trouble before, and it is really frustrating. Is there anything that I can do to prevent this, is there a problem w/ my computer or something? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have downloaded at least 10 GB's of data that is repeating and growing daily. Thanks again!!
Old 2005-02-14, 01:08 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

what operating system are you running? and what type of filesystem is your hard drive formatted with?

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2005-02-14, 02:52 AM
1.20 TB/560.01 GB/0.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggrd
what operating system are you running? and what type of filesystem is your hard drive formatted with?

XP, NTSC. I have never had these problems before It only happens once I'm at 99.9%, too.
Old 2005-02-14, 04:49 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant NTFS not NTSC so ... I have had torrents behave oddly when there was a file of the same name as one of the files in the torrent in my root or parent directory of the drive or directory I was D/Ling to?

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble