The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2009-02-13, 10:38 PM
making love, not war.
562.07 GB/439.90 GB/0.78

Arrow USB Port Failure

It would seem that when my puter is shut off without being shut down.. as during the insane windstorm/power outages we've recently had... upon restart, none of the hardware on the usb ports are recognized. I have had this problem in the past, and eventually they 'just start working' all of a sudden. As it stands, I have no printer, and more importantly, no connections to my externals- which means no files to seed/burn. I have done troubleshooting, and tried restarts, checked the drivers and so on- all the typical things to make it work. But I have to admit, I'm getting rather tired of this.

Bottom line.... Has anyone else ever had this problem, and what can I do to get everything up again, without waiting for it to literally start up when it wants to?!

Please and thank you in advance for your help.

2-16-09 ***NEVERMIND*** solved the problem by shutting the damn thing off without shutting it down- which is exactly how the whole damn thing started in the first place. So head's up, I've got my files back, and as soon as I fix my drive letters, I'll be back to seeding as much as my up speed will allow. Thanx.
We’re all connected; to each other, biologically; to the Earth, chemically; and to the rest of the universe, atomically. That’s kind of cool. That makes me smile. And I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe; we’re a part of the universe. We’re in the universe and the universe is in us.

Last edited by swtindica; 2009-02-16 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble