The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble

Notices

Technobabble Post your general Need for Help questions here.
Lossy or Lossless?
Moderators

Old 2006-04-09, 01:00 PM
One-Eyed Chesire
834.23 GB/1.29 TB/1.58

Re: Can't fast rewind past chapter breaks on DVD 9 burnt w/Nero

What I have learned/discovered is that Nero, though fine for burning VIDEO_TS folders to DVD5, cannot successfully burn VIDEO_TS folders to DVD9 (dual-layer); however, Nero will burn ans ISO image to a dual-layer DVD9 with no problems.

If you have an ISO file, you may burn it with Nero or DVDDecryptor. I have found that Decryptor demands full resources from my PC and any active torrents I have running drop to zero, so I use Nero.

If you need to create an ISO file from a VIDEO_TS folder, you can either use Folder2ISO or DVDShrink, which has the option to create an ISO image to your HD, or to create an ISO image on HD and then burn it with DVDDecryptor.

Personally, I prefer DVDShrink to Folder2ISO for the creation of the ISO image, and as I already said, I prefer Nero to DVDDecryptor for burning the ISO image.

YMMV.

Aiko

p.s. - I contacted Nero support with regard to the shortcomings in their product, but they are a bunch of morons who do not read what their customers write, and only send out boiler-plate responses that are of no help. They don't seem genuinely interested in rectifying the issue; they will not even acknowlege the problem exists, though it appears to be common knowledge in the various forums I have searched.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2006-04-14, 06:36 AM
249.36 GB/127.00 GB/0.51

Help burning my first DVD download

Hi all, just got my first DVD burner and downloaded my first DVD show, but I can't figure out how to burn them using Roxio....they are the .IFO and .VOB files. Do I just burn them as is to a disc or do I need to convert them to another format, any help would be appreciated.
Old 2006-04-14, 06:45 AM
Columbia, SC
108.77 GB/109.04 GB/1.00

Re: Help burning my first DVD download

Quote:
Originally Posted by scomo
Hi all, just got my first DVD burner and downloaded my first DVD show, but I can't figure out how to burn them using Roxio....they are the .IFO and .VOB files. Do I just burn them as is to a disc or do I need to convert them to another format, any help would be appreciated.
I don't use Roxio, I use Nero, so I can't tell you specifically how to use that program.

But basically you will take all the files you downloaded (the VOB, IFO, and BUP files) and put them in a folder called VIDEO_TS, and burn the DVD. Don't put any extra files in that folder. Ignore any folder you may see called AUDIO_TS.

In Nero you just drag those files to a VIDEO_TS folder already created for you in an interface that looks like Windows Explorer. Perhaps Roxio is similar.

Good luck.

Rob
Old 2006-04-14, 07:25 AM
TTD VIP
929.72 GB/5.13 TB/5.65

I'd try searching the Roxio forum... This may help.
Old 2006-04-14, 08:43 AM
cabopete
0.00 KB/0.00 KB/---

If you are going to start making DVD movies you may want to download a few programs to see witch one you like the best......I use Nero, DVD Santa and Alcohol 120. Some work better then others for different movies. DVD Santa does a pretty good job converting from AVI to DVD.

Good Luck!!

CaboPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by scomo
Old 2006-04-14, 11:42 AM
I love them redheads!
70.51 GB/140.66 GB/1.99

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...earchid=331668

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpermaLopez
Sorry, I'm still a n00b.
Old 2006-04-14, 11:01 PM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

check here
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...95&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-04-15, 01:02 PM
2.48 TB/2.16 TB/0.87

dvd drive burning slow

ill set the speed at 4x, or any other speed, and it will only burn 1.5x. the drive ran perfect until bout two weeks ago. i have a plextor px716A and use roxio easy media creator 7 basic dvd edition software. any help appreciated, not pc savvy. winXP if it helps. the drive is recognized and updated the firmware.

dvd list...
http://db.etree.org/jimoosh
Old 2006-04-15, 02:31 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: dvd drive burning slow

You might want to read over this post and see if it helps: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ht=burner+slow

Old 2006-04-15, 05:56 PM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

this werked for me when i had issues with my px716
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...3&postcount=15
Old 2006-04-15, 10:41 PM
2.48 TB/2.16 TB/0.87

thanks for the help, i went to the run function and could not find the sub keys as mentioned. im not to swift here on the pc so i am at the grace of the kind folk in the TTD. i was looking for this thread that lynne had mentioned, i remembered reading bout this and was hopin it could shed some light. but my lack of knowledge might have steered me into a rut. this happened before, but i had a nero application on my pc as well. when i removed it, all was well. a real head scratcher for me. i tried different media formats and the same thing happens

dvd list...
Old 2006-04-15, 11:00 PM
2.48 TB/2.16 TB/0.87

ok so sorry for the double post...i found the subkeys, but now im effin completely lost. im actually lost at this point in the link aaron provided:

You have to go through these subkeys and check the DriverDesc value until you find the proper IDE channel.
Delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum, depending on whether the device in question is attached as master or slave, but it can't actually hurt to delete both. Reboot. The drive DMA capabilities will be redetected.

If you're wary of deleting the values altogether, it is sufficient to empty the content of these values. But you can also delete the values entirely - Windows will automatically recreate them anyway, with new content.

what does this actually do? and by deleting these files, all will be automatically reset to the normal settings as before.

dvd list...
Old 2006-04-15, 11:07 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Well, I can't help you with this PC stuff. Hopefully Aaron will be around tomorrow to respond to you.

Old 2006-04-16, 12:42 AM
1.13 TB/1.70 TB/1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabaggins
ok so sorry for the double post...i found the subkeys, but now im effin completely lost. im actually lost at this point in the link aaron provided:

You have to go through these subkeys and check the DriverDesc value until you find the proper IDE channel.
Delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum, depending on whether the device in question is attached as master or slave, but it can't actually hurt to delete both. Reboot. The drive DMA capabilities will be redetected.

If you're wary of deleting the values altogether, it is sufficient to empty the content of these values. But you can also delete the values entirely - Windows will automatically recreate them anyway, with new content.

what does this actually do? and by deleting these files, all will be automatically reset to the normal settings as before.
The values you are deleting are windows way of keeping track of what hardware your computer has in it. When you reboot windows will automagically determine the hardware and restore the default settings. Some program must have changed the value and in doing so screwed things up as far as burning speed was concerned.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Old 2006-04-16, 08:00 AM
TTD Staff
1.11 TB/1.41 TB/1.27

i'm in no way knowlegable about what all this is or means, but nkramar posted that "fix" and it werked for me... here's all i did:

1. i located the proper folder in RegEdit the "fix" specifies, with the sub-key folders inside [which mine listed as "0000", "0001", "0002", & "Properties"]

2. i opened folder 0001 [figuring that was my PrimaryIDE] and found the files MasterIdDataCheckSum and SlaveIdDataCheckSum

3. opened both of those files and erased the value in each

5. closed out, rebooted, and presto! my drive was finally werking again

if that hadn't of fixed it, i would have repeated, but with sub-key folder 0002 next...from what i understand, deleting these values isn't goin to screw up yer comp, since it'll reassign the values when you reboot...but again, i'm no techhead when it comes to these things! this is the exact reason i typically werk on Macs--put the drive in, turn on comp, everything runs smooth

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Technobabble