The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2005-07-29, 08:28 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Re: Jazz BT Forum?

I see your point Jazzbo and Evenreven. I think this is a case of the chicken or the egg. But I still say though, that if people wanted to discuss or upload Jazz (or anything, for that matter), they'd be doing it - whether there was a forum specifically for it or not. If they were/are in fear of their discussion being hijacked, they might ask that it not be, in the first post. It works, I've seen it happen a couple of times recently. They can also ask us (staff) to try to keep it "clean" for them. I know we have lax rules concerning posting in the lounge, but if asked for a specific thread to be kept on topic, I'd be happy to mod that thread. A clean thread never hurt anyone - not even a PW like me
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old 2005-07-29, 08:55 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

I'm w/ Ted on this...though id luv to see a 'jazz forum'.
Old 2005-07-29, 09:27 AM
smile!
11.18 GB/48.46 GB/4.33

My intention was more like having
- "audio bt"
--- "general audio bt" (or something)
--- "jazz bt"
--- "iso..."
etc.

Video can safely be together. There's not that that much jazz video.

But if the mods don't like the idea, there's not much point pursuing this further.
Old 2005-07-29, 10:32 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenreven
But if the mods don't like the idea, there's not much point pursuing this further.
Just to avoid confusion, my thoughts on this whole matter DO NOT reflect those of the rest of the staff. My only discussion thus far has been in this thread.

If not broken down into genre, maybe a seperate forum for the sole purpose of serious music discussion would be an idea.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting as soon as I figure out when and where it'll be and IF we even have them. So far, no one's mentioned meetings, so either we don't have them or they're keeping me in the dark
Old 2005-07-29, 11:33 AM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

You know, one other thing that *may* be feasible is to have a select number of 'categories', ie. rock, jazz, country, jam bands, hip hop, ??? , and have them each 'sortable' in the forum. Kinda like how you can sort out just the soundboards, or just the audience recordings, only this would be separate way of sorting. I don't know if that made sense.

As for music discussion, I guess since I've never really been involved in it, I'm not really sure what you want. Maybe we could bring back the Piano Bar and make sure it is only for serious music discussion. If people want to discuss music and don't mind it getting hijacked, then they can post it in The Lounge. One problem people had with The Piano Bar was that we were moving all music discussion to that forum and people didn't like having to look in both forums. So, basically, bring back The Piano Bar but let people choose which forum to post in (The Lounge - nonserious, The Piano Bar - serious, or at least on topic).

Just my thoughts as I'm waking up......

Old 2005-07-29, 11:37 AM
TTD Staff
0.00 KB/5.71 TB/Inf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
You know, one other thing that *may* be feasible is to have a select number of 'categories', ie. rock, jazz, country, jam bands, hip hop, ??? , and have them each 'sortable' in the forum. Kinda like how you can sort out just the soundboards, or just the audience recordings, only this would be separate way of sorting. I don't know if that made sense.
Old 2005-07-29, 11:49 AM
You are TOO
2.08 GB/7.38 GB/3.55

I agree, and also the Piano Bar doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think people should have a place to go if they want to seriously discuss music.
Old 2005-07-31, 04:19 AM
505.91 GB/533.29 GB/1.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenreven
I agree very much with Jazzbo. Sometimes having a separate forum before there really is a demand, will eventually make things take off.

Although the Piano Bar was being used very little, there was still more music discussion - or at least, more interesting music discussion - in the Bar than there is now in the Lounge. The presence of The Bar also seemed to stimulate other types of discussion than there was in the lounge.

I guess my point is that sometimes supply can come before demand, especially in the cultural/intellectual sphere (a pompous way of saying it, but you get the idea.)

yea for some odd reason jazz shows werent being posted, and jazz wasnt really being discussed much at STG at all really before the jazz forum ( i forgot exactly if we had a compelte forum ie jazz discussion, torrents, etc) but as soon as that forum was created it was like BAM. all this stuff was being thrown on there, new users were popping it, that place was jive, real jive.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions